TPW Meeting August 24, 2011

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

TPW Meeting August 24, 2011

Post by rost495 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Heads up here, I sent out a group email earlier and will follow up with more data as I get it.

But basically folks need to know ahead of time.... this is the annual public comments meeting for the year for TPW. This is how Wade Paddle and Pole started their little issue last year.

I'll provide more data here as I get it also. The agenda is not posted yet.

Basics look like Aug 24, TPW Headquarters, Austin TX, 2pm onward.... 3 minutes per speaker allowed.

Time to start preparing good and level headed speeches. I'm betting the results from the WPP absolute ripoff fiasco meeting will be around too... the more we have there to present a level headed, nice unified front, the better off we are.

But we better be prepared not only to protect our rights, but to defend them.

Jeff

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: TPW Meeting August 24, 2011

Post by rost495 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 pm

We have about 30 days left...

We need to make a good showing. I'm hearing of 5 folks out of all of us, amazingly its 4 officers and a representative that can make it right now..... but we need some more if at all possible. I've been beating the bushes on commercial options too trying to round that up, but we really should make a proper showing. Its that or evidently you are only worried about playing and not about continuing to ride. Guess I'm on my soapbox.

I realize its a work day. Guess what? I have to TAKE A DAY OF VACATION.. that sucks too as I have ALL of this years vacation booked into an Alaska trip shortly thereafter so I dont' have any available to take, but I"ll make it work, without pay it looks like and with a ding on my record for doing so....

I realize we all can't do the same, but out of all the folks on the email list, not everyone can be tied up so much so that some can't make it.

If you want input and guidance, email me back. We'll do all we can to help you. This is a statewide time to comment.

I appreciate those that have replied out of town, can't take off, but would send a letter with us and so on.. Had it been a week or so later I could not have made it either.

Off my soapbox.

Jeff

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:43 am

Jeff,
Stan is getting prepared to go to the meeting and could use some input from you and or others TAA members who are also going. Can you or anyone give him a call about the meeting 409-920-0749. Stan Floyd President American Airboats
Thanks,
Faron
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Never heard from you what the best time to call him is, let me know that, and I'll give him a ring!

Thanks, Jeff

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:32 pm

anytime would be great!
You should be able to catch him till 9:3pm
thanks,
Faron
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:55 pm

2 More days left! Anyone else going now is the time. I"ve tweaked my presentation again this morning.

Faron, I talked to Stan today and lunch and Tom talked to him last week IIRC.

Jeff

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

He is packed and getting on the road this morning. Thanks for helping him stay informed. I hope more TAA members can make it out!
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

:texas: Good Luck Ya`ll

If the Lord`s willing, the officials, or panel, or commision will be reasonable, level headed, "a-political" folks.

"Splain it" to them :usa:

We know, and so do they, what "doing the right thing" is.

The Airboaters are "invaluable" if needed for civic duty, and "irreplaceable" as a culture of
"stand up" stewards of the waterways.

Thanks again for fighting the fight :salute: :salute:

Hasbeen
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

No Abla anything but AMERICAN

"When the Sun comes up, you better be running"

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Sic 'Em :thumbleft:
:texas:

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Brotherbob » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 am

Good luck folks!
I want to personally thank you for taking your time to represent Air Boaters in Texas.
Thank you!
BB :texas:
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by KC5AKB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 am

Thank You Bondo , Stan and a very great speaker who might just follow in Stans Boat since Dad will not let her jump slide and do 360 training in his airboat...... :x :x :lol: We all meet some good people and hope to be able to use our airboats to help them out with their needs , over all it was a good meeting :cheers:
BRAB45 RRAB 17

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:30 am

My Father asked me to post up and say Thank You again to everyone who made it out, He enjoyed spending time with you guys. Overall He said he thought the TPW meeting went great. Thank you Bonnie for coming all the way from Florida, THank You Jeff for Representing the TAA and Thank you to the other friends who made the trip out.
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm

We had a good turnout and I appreciate the numbers. Overall we felt that all of us really made a positive impact with the Commission. I REALLY appreciate everyones efforts here and hope we can get more folks out next time so its not the same folks doing the work all the time.

We are working on some more search and rescue type training issues and boater education instructor course for those that want to get involved and when we can finalize some of that we'll drop an email.

I'll be dropping an email too, to cover more of the meeting.

We owe a HUGE thanks to Stan Floyd and American Airboats. Stan and Paul spent 2 plus of their days up, brought a nice search and rescue boat to show and Stan made VERY posititve statements and we cant' thank them enough for coming to show the manufacturer side of this.

We had folks come from the Waco/Dallas area, the Ingleside area, the Austin area and of course puny old La Grange area. AND.. we had Bonnie Bassham come all the way from Florida, on her own penny, to help us out and to comment. I dont' think I missed anyone there...if I did, my apologies.

And last but not least... yes Wade Paddle and Pole was there pushing their agenda and they were much more demanding tone this time that something be done and basically that TPW was ignoring the supposed situation. They have not and will not go away so we can't fall asleep at the wheel....

Jeff

Jeff

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks for the SITREP & thanks to everyone who made the meeting. :thumbleft:

Bondo you have a spot on my rig anytime you want to ride :headbang:
:texas:

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I enjoyed meeting each of you, it was a pleasure to have as many various comments as we did. Rick, you hit the nail on the head, all I heard at dinner was....... "Stan said he would let me pull a 80mph 360 in his boat like on Top Gear, why won't you"? LOL!!! My response...."Well Katie, because I can't afford the massage therapy and Chiropractor bills like Stan can"! LMAO!!!!! Stan, you made a friend for life!!!!

Bonnie, what a pleasure, thanks for all you do!!

Enjoyed the fellowship very much, lets keep on keepin on!!!!!
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by MarshRider » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:03 am

What an honor to be able to work with you guys and lend my voice to
our efforts. THANK YOU to Southernairboat.com who provides the means of
keeping up with airboating all over the country.

I'll echo the other thanks by pointing out that Stan Floyd spent two+ days with
us and made an excellent speech about the positive economicc impact airboats have in
Texas to the Tx economy. All the other groups were asking for funding and Stan
pointed out that we provide money to TPW and the state. And our efforts save them
money.

I"ve worked with a lot of executives in 30 years of lobbying. Can't recall one that would
or did spend that much time down in the trenches with the soldiers!

Jeff, you're a great leader and your encouragement to all of us was greatly appreciated.

Lee, you're a great speaker and super detail person (the perfect secretary) and your personal experience with Friends of the Brazos
really made an incredible impression on the Commissioners.

Tom, it's a tribute to your dedication that you would be in that much pain and still be able to talk
to the Commissioners from a first-hand-knowledge basis.

Rick, great leadoff and setting the stage on all the things wrong with the WPP meeting and their mind set
It was super having a kicker boat fisherman speaking for and with us.

Charles McKinny really did a super job of dispelling (bashing) the results of the WPP session and
showed we were not the only user group impacted and
upset about the whole wpp concept.

Dana, nice touch with letting them know you were a regional director from the coast. we should use that approach
more often so let them know that TAA is statewide...and bringing Katie was a special treat for all of us. what a
great Civics lesson she got. I"ll bet she's a Republican in no time - especially when you point out that Republicans
drive airboats and those D's are still in their kayaks.
and
Katie, Your delivery was great and the Commissioners certainly listened to you. You added the right touch of reality
to what we were saying. Don't be hesitant to speak up again -- as long as we get to see what you're saying -- we dont'
want you back-sliding on us back to those liberal ideas you dad says you sometimes show.
AND
We will all help push dad toward that airboat! It was such a pleasure to see you and your dad having so much fun together.
You don't know how lucky you are to have that type of relationship with him. Treasure it and let it grow - you'll never regret it.

TAA took a giant step forward Wednesday. There is momentum and renewed commitment. we need all other Texas airboaters
to join in and become involved. Each of these guys will tell you it was not hard to get up and speak to the commission because
they were speaking from the heart.

Thank you again for allowing me the honor of working with you.
Forward!

Bonnie
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

Return to “Texas Airboaters”