Coastal Guys

Breakin wind
Southern Airboat Member

Coastal Guys

Post by Breakin wind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 am

Going to Port A labor day weekend. Is their any different stuff I need to run in saltwater to be legal other than your normal stuff?
BRAB-49,TAA-230,TGWA,NRA, 20x8 AirRanger Bowfishing Edition 496 Levitator 8.1,CH3 2.3:1 3-blade wirl wind

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Coastal Guys

Post by Brotherbob » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

I'm not from the coast but I have ran that water ....and it can be ROUGH....remember that water at Marlin? It can get like that quick like. :blackeye:
I highly suggest you invest in some stuff sold in Tractor Supply called "Monkey Butt" !! :lol:
Another note I might add is the "other boat " traffic might be of considerable size like Freakin' huge vessels that create a massive wake, hit them square and on the throttle!
Good Luck bubba !
BB
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

Breakin wind
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Breakin wind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks BB. I'm not getting in big water just some bowfishing around the bay marsh areas and bayou.
BRAB-49,TAA-230,TGWA,NRA, 20x8 AirRanger Bowfishing Edition 496 Levitator 8.1,CH3 2.3:1 3-blade wirl wind

NotAGuide
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by NotAGuide » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 am

We carry all the coast guard required items you would normally carry on a lake or river. Life jackets, throwable cushion, whistle/horn, fire extinguisher, and registration card. If your running in shallow back lake areas, you'll most likely never get stopped. If your in the ICW around Port A, chances are pretty good. There's usually a GW hanging around the Fina docs at the Lydia Ann and shrimp channel. They're usually very nice and just doing their job. I personally wouldn't put in around Port A but either trailer over to South Bay closer to Aransas or trailer towards Corpus. Just too many things that could go wrong in 40' of water. Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
Last edited by NotAGuide on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional JB Welder
Old 18' American hull, 470CID S&S, Ch3 2:1, 3-blade Whirlwind Whisper Tip

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by 540 mountain motor » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm

NotAGuide wrote:We carry all the coast guard required items you would normally carry on a lake or river. Life jackets, throwable cushion, whistle/horn, fire extinguisher, and registration card. If your running in shallow back lake areas, you'll most likely never get stopped. If your in the ICW around Port A, chances are pretty good. There's usually a GW hanging around the Fina docs at the Lydia Ann and shrimp channel. They're usually very nice and just doing there job. I personally wouldn't put in around Port A but either trailer over to South Bay closer to Aransas or trailer towards Corpus. Just too many things that could go wrong in 40' of water. Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
I totally agree with your suggestions, especially trailering closer to Aransas Pass area. Make sure you also have a saltwater stamp cause GW is gonna stop you. I was cked seven times last year by same GW...
18x8 GTO Saltwater Series, 540 MAS/PFI, 82 SW with Stinger 2.55, "540 RAT-N-A-CAGE"

Breakin wind
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Breakin wind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Copy that. Yeah deep water is out of the question. Lol I'm goin to put in up the coast from port A. At the Honey Hole. Lol

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Keep a keen eye on the kayakers in the marsh areas. They don't give you much warning that they are around corners. Its a hot bed down here and they would love to be able to say you scared their fish or almost ran them over on purpose.
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

Return to “Texas Airboaters”