HELP IMMEDIATELY NEEDED

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

HELP IMMEDIATELY NEEDED

Post by Slayride » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:58 pm

A story was just aired on channel 6 news in the Corpus Christi area regarding a kayaker who paddled to close to a duck blind last weekend and he was scared he would be injured. The story was so one sided regarding the area he called "The Lighthouse Kayak trails" This is such bias media for our cause regarding that area of water its not funny. Please, PLEASE log on to www.kristv.com and rebut these comments and story. Your comments should address the following issues the kayaker raised....

1. The area is NOT designated Kayak trails, it is open water for ANY tax paying citizen to use.
2. There is no way the duck hunters made any attempt to injure him on purpose or thats exactly what would have happened.
3. He actually could have been cited by TPW game wardens for hunter harrassment.
4. Duck hunting has been taking place in that area since the late 1930's without injury or any persons being shot.
5. This gentleman actually stated that the simple thing to do is split Lighthouse lakes in half, part for hunting, part for kayaks.
6. The gentleman actually stated perhaps the hunters couldn't see him...... THAT needs rebutted in your comments!!!!!
7. Airboats and other craft speed by him all the time.... AGAIN, perhaps he should make himself seen
8. The TV station REALLY should have looked into the "other side of the story" prior to airinf such a bogus story
9. The game warden who he spoke with following the incident explained he was most likely in the wrong.
10. Hunters have every right to occupy that area during hunting season.
11. He really couldn't see the duck decoy spread floating ALL AROUND the blind?

PLEASE log on and comment..... this is exactly the kind of tactic the WPP people have been waiting to get started!!!!!!

Slayride
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Re: HELP IMMEDIATELY NEEDED

Post by Slayride » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Here is my email to the reporter who did the story:

Mike,

I can NOT believe you bought into Mr. McReynolds claims without getting the other side of the story. You walked into more than a “I almost got shot” deal here. This gentleman and many others are known as Texas Wade Paddle Pole. They seek to have those waters closed to any type of vessel other than paddle craft. You bought a bad bill of goods my friend. When you were out there doing the story, did you happen to interview any of the waterfowl guides in the area? Did you happen to climb into the duck blind in question and have a look at the “impaired visibility” that Mr. McReynolds claims? Did you happen to look around and have it enter your mind, as it does anyone with a half normal eye vision, just how simple it is to see that someone is hunting around that area? Did Mr. McReynolds offer up the information that he discussed his situation with a local TPW game warden Laura Peterek after his incident? Did he offer up the information that he actually broke a law and could have been cited for his actions? The law is hunter harassment and yes…… it can be enforced. I didn’t hear Mr. McReynolds offer to wear bright orange safety clothing to be seen much easier as a solution to this issue. I didn’t hear Mr. McReynolds offer to attach an orange flag on a pole to his kayak to allow other boaters to see his extremely low profile vessel? The only thing I heard from this man is to close a public body of water to protect his unsafe actions. You can’t legislate safety to protect those who don’t understand the basic concept. Did you happen to ask how much boater safety training Mr. McReynolds received prior to accessing navigable waters? Point is, anyone who can leave their breath on a mirror can purchase and paddle their way into a potentially dangerous situation on navigable waters. There is no required education for those types of vessels. And that comment is stated with duck hunting and duck blinds removed from the equation…… I have personally fished two separate overturned kayakers out of the water in the Aransas Pass shrimp channel in weather and water conditions WAY to dangerous for a kayak. Both were hypothermic when I was able to get to their aid.

Mike, I can only add, you really did a disservice to your viewers on this story in representing only one side of the story. And I am quite sure you haven’t heard the last of this.
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

FishinCoop101
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FishinCoop101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Well we all knew this was coming. These people just are not going to let up.......A local man paddling in the light house lakes on opening weekend of duck season but he never heard one shot until he paddles right up to a blind....What a Croc os $hit. I was hunting the opposite side side of the roadway and all you heard was shooting sounded like a war both days Saturday and Sunday.......And I guess he failed to mention that the Game Wardens......All three of them that were in the airboat this weekend could have ran him over just the same as the other airboaters. Typical Local Retiree bring on the drama.....And a special thanks to the one sided reporter.....I guess I will have to Email him as well. As for the Duck Hunters there was just as many hunters hunting in outbard driven boats as there were hunting in the airboats. Splitting the lakes.......Thats classic I go to where you cant......here we go.

FishinCoop101
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FishinCoop101 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Here is my email to this wpp reporter.

Mike,

I was most dissapointed to view this report that you had given about an individual that had almost been shot in the lighthouse lake area. Im sure you know by now that there has been a major push by one sided individuals to get these local areas of water closed to motored watercraft. When I saw your report i was extreemly disapointed on your single sided approach.....but then again you are the media. I watch your news on a daily basis and depend on your station to deliver the story facts to the public. Im sad to say that with this one sided approach that I will be tuning into another station in the future.

I am a avid fisherman in the Arasnsas Pass area and anyone with any common sense would be able to hear the amunt of gunshots in this area. The light house lakes do have some smaller trails that are navigable but majority of the areas are wide and open and have been navigated for decades without incidents. I have all of the above.....I own Kayaks, a poling skiff and I also own an airboat. All of wich I am extreemly responsible when opperating. Any responsible boater should take caution when opperating on the waterway including kayakers.

I would like to invite you to come out on my airboat and take a tour so that you can see the other side from the hunters point of view. We can tour the lighthouse lakes area and Ill show you first hand the areas that have been hunted for over a hundred years. This area my grandparents hunted my father hunted and My kids and I hunt still to this day.

Im sure the man did not advise you but there were game wardens that were opperating in the area that this incident supposofly happened. These wardens were opperating in this same area with an airboat. These wardens traveled in the same small sloughs that this man talked about in your report and yet had no incidents with kayakers. I am saddened that I must fight for rights to waterways that my family has had access to for decades and I am in fear that my children will no longer be able to enjoy the hobbies that we have been able to carry out in the past.

As im sure you can tell if you step back and look at just how one sided your story really appears to the eyes of the viewers. I hope that you take the oppertunity to come out with me and view these precious areas that we have to fight to keep access to even if you dont do a story on the other views. At least next time when you are approached by these framed stories you can at least see the other point of view before you go in over your head and report garbage.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:03 am

Here's my comments on Channle 6's website:
Bob McReynolds is obviously a troll & somehow he has convinced a Channel 6 news reporter to report & air this story. In his own words he has stated the solution to his problem... "There's a possiblilty that somebody might be shot from the close proximity of the duck blinds to the paddling trails." It seems pretty simple to me, don't paddle within close proximity of a duck blind durning duck season, especially if there is a decoy spread within a close proximity to said duck blind. I wonder what his complaint would be if he were roller skating on the Interstate & if Channel 6 would air that story also? Horse... water...
Here's the link if anyone would like to comment on the story & see the video:
http://www.kristv.com/news/ingleside-ka ... -be-shot-/

Just another reason why I need to be KING!!! :bounce:
:texas:

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaptSteve » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:54 am

I have also posted on channel six site my thoughts. In addition I fwd the information on to most of my duck hunting friends and both our local DU and the National DU. If you can think of anyone else please make sure to send them the link to make a comment. I have not seen any comments in favor of the story and its content or lack there of. I often say "you are only as strong as your weakest link." I think Mr. BOB fits that profile and the rest of his clan is remaining silent in fear of removing all doubt. Fishin Coop if the reporter takes you up on the offer be sure to point out how the yakers tend to plug up all the access points in and out of the Light House Lakes near the deep water cuts.

Tomo
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Tomo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am

Here is what I posted.....

"This is just the usual one sided reporting. A lazy reporter who took the story that came to them without giving both sides of the story. My wife and I love to kayak and understand we must share the waterway with other people. Though I am not a hunter I am aware of hunting seasons and try to be accommodating of others using the water. Secondly I understand a kayak is a very low profile vessel and is hard to see so I make sure to paddle where folks can see me. As far as airboats go you can hear them coming, I get out of their way and let them go by. We can all co-exist on the water, we just have to respect others rights to use the same area as us at the same time!!"

Some people will just never be happy until it is THEIR way, screw everybody else!! Folks just got to respect each others rights and we can all have fun!!

Tom
There is nothing so stupid as an educated man, if you get off the thing that he was educated in.
Will Rogers

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 am

I must say, I'm a bit dissapointed. There have been over 270 views of this posting and yet, only 17 comments have been posted to the news story along with a couple emails directly to the reporter. Come on folks, pony up here. It truly is MORE than just a kayak incident on the coast!!!!

Thanks to all who have stepped up so far with comments to the reporter.......

80 panther
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 80 panther » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:45 pm

I made my comments on the news web site. its like a kid that gets in trouble on the play ground all the time you take away thi
er play ground privileges if they can not play with others

Happy vetrans day to all who serve and have served :proud: :old_glory:

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am

http://amarillo.com/stories/073105/out_2456033.shtml
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stus ... 2_0125.htm
http://www.noaeta.org/LegalResources/StateHunrHar.htm

the cryakers actions could be seen as hunter harrassment :florida: :proud: :rebel:
sometimes ya gotta beatem with they own switch!
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Brotherbob » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

I started some conversation on the RFA forum ,they have been a big help before and help to band all types of fishing/boating together.
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/joinrfa/
If you dont do FB..
www.joinrfa.com
Social media is where the word gets out folks and it helps keep everyone informed about upcoming events too.
BB
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Brotherbob wrote:I started some conversation on the RFA forum ,they have been a big help before and help to band all types of fishing/boating together.
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/joinrfa/
If you dont do FB..
http://www.joinrfa.com
Social media is where the word gets out folks and it helps keep everyone informed about upcoming events too.
BB
And you'd think that the TAA leadership would be blazin' a trail for others to follow... :dontknow:

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by KC5AKB » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Done :thumbleft: Public Water needs to stay Public for all and a Big Thanks to the Texas Game
Warden :cheers: for looking out for all the folks , groups and sports-men and women here in Texas
BRAB45 RRAB 17

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 am

Here's what a few other folks are saying... http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/show ... p?t=877830

Return to “Texas Airboaters”