2nd Class Airboater ?

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

2nd Class Airboater ?

Post by HASBEEN » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I am not quite sure how to expose this, because it has just now dawned on me that I MAYbe a victim of
"profiling" :dontknow:

How shall I act? Shall I act at all ?.........who else will support me ? who else is in agreement ? :scratch:

Do other Airboaters whisper out of my earshot "he`s running a Direct Drive" ??? and secretly enjoy watching me park in shallow water instead of on top of the hill?

My friends that advise on different prop set up, etc....are they really my friends, are just being politically correct?
(I have lot`s of direct drive friends)

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your prop, ....but you can`t pick your friend`s prop. :violent1:

Am I looking at it wrong? When I have to walk up the hill, to where they park their boats, should I be embarrassed?

I feel like someone needs to "help" me regain my self respect, accommodate for my lack of.........ability,.... and convince all of my friends that I am "equal", and I shouldn`t have to pay for it all myself.

Since all of the Federal Guberment agencies are currently scrambling, will some group of sympathetic airboaters please advise, or contribute to my advancement, financial well being, or overall sense of "equality" ?

Please provide a list / links to any and all programs that will help me with what I am "entitled" to.......I am not interested in the additional 20 to 30 thousand dollars that my friends worked for and spent on their boats, but would rather see the available subsidies, grants, and "pilot" programs.

Hasbeen
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

No Abla anything but AMERICAN

"When the Sun comes up, you better be running"

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: 2nd Class Airboater ?

Post by bonecollector » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 pm

That's good stuff :salute:
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:30 pm

2nd Class Airboater is not politically correct. I hate to hear someone refer to a fellow airboater as 2nd class I prefer the term Airboater with special needs.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

fluffpants
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fluffpants » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 pm

that's a good one jungle cat ha ha ha.I'm the last one to laugh though if anybody is a second class airboater it is me on account I still have a garage full of aluminum pieces waiting to be welded together I hope to pick up some stringers this week.I say I am a second class airboater because I have never owned one or operated one but I have co piloted a cople times and have been hooked ever since. I would be completely tickled to have your direct drive right now,shoot man I'd be happy to walk up the hill with you if you would give me a ride to the hill.in all seriousness be proud of that direct drive it's yours.if you feel left out just keep saving and scraping eventually you will be there.I have been scraping and scratching for about 2 years nowI still don't even have a hull yet one pice at a time.until then keep on keepin on
water optional

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 am

junglecat wrote:2nd Class Airboater is not politically correct. I hate to hear someone refer to a fellow airboater as 2nd class I prefer the term Airboater with special needs.
Or...... "CAR MOTOR" boat owners!!! :lol: :lol:
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

dblj006
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by dblj006 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:32 am

On point of the subject above I shall quote a 1st class airboater that has forgotten more than I will ever know about airboats: "A listen now, last class riding, is better than first class walking, any day".

We were talking airboats.
:salute:
Broke.

wrench69
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by wrench69 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 am

Hasbeen. I don't think there is a 2nd class airboater. I think its if you own one are not. Though there is great debate if you have aircraft or carmotor :stirpot: But in my eyes if you own one your first class.
16 by 8 Trailboss 5.3 liter, 78 in. 3 bld. power shift. 16x8 lonestar boat works 5.3liter 83 in. r 12x6 mini 4 banger member TAA 325,BRAB 56,RRAB 20

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Brotherbob » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 am

Will it run the hill?

Did ya fix that fuel tank yet ...maybe its a good thang you park down the bank.

Contrary to popular opinions on DD and such you are definitely in a class of your own and that's a good thing.

Your buddy,
BB
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:20 pm

The GOOD News is there are plenty of places to park your boat on the lake edge. Just don't forget to end up in a good direction so your friends can shake your rake. :D

My boat will run the hill but I still park on the lake edge. I'm trying to get 50 years out of my polymer. Your not alone MAN!!

MarshRider
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by MarshRider » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Only Has Been would have cogitated enough to ask the question about being 2nd class airboater.

You're right, BB, he's in a class all by himself -- Historian of the BRAB he is!

Great piece of prose, HB. When the guberment opens back up i'll be they will help you.
How's the boat runnin?

Bonnie
FAA Corporate Member
TexasAirboatAssociation 099
NebraskaAirboatAssociation Life Member
NEVER GIVE UP!!
http://www.marshridermagazine.com

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Hasbeen, there are probably a lot of terms to describe your old Buick rig, but '2nd Class' is definitely not one of them.

Never forget ..... ALL aircraft boats are DD, and most of their motors are older than yours. :stirpot:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Miss Bonnie you have no idea how hearing from you makes me smile :)

if it wasn`t for my ears....it would go all the way around my head.......

Dirt Road Sport is running as good as I could hope for....I ordered a new "super secret" prop from a "super secret" prop manufacturer yesterday.....for three reasons :scratch:

One: I`ve been running that big ole, loaner from Cuz`n Eugene, and I need to give it back to him. :thumbleft:

Two: Brotherbob and Frutloops now have a beautiful Brazos River camp, with a ramp/slide that is a lil more than DRS can handle with the training wheels on.

Three: When you come back to the Brazos, you will have "Valet" parking on top of the hill :cheers:

"It`s just Money....we will make some more tomorrow"

Hasbeen :texas:
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

cummins diesel power
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cummins diesel power » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 am

I may not be able to pinpoint it exactly. but its either a whirlwind whispertip,sensenich q series, or a water walker cypress.
im just assuming your not going with a warp.
15x7 1974 airgator,500 cadillac dd,74" q series sensenich prop, 1/2" uhmw poly.
18x8 2001 panther, 502 chevy, 2 to 1 century,3 blade 78" stump puller, 1/2" poly

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 pm

That's good stuff HASBEEN... 2nd Class Airboater :lol:

Either you is or you ain't... there ain't no in between :thumbleft:

:texas:

Chaseh
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Chaseh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 pm

cummins diesel power wrote:I may not be able to pinpoint it exactly. but its either a whirlwind whispertip,sensenich q series, or a water walker cypress.
hey, what's wrong with a warp?!?

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:22 pm

I think I'm developing a complex. :roll:

cummins diesel power
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cummins diesel power » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Chaseh wrote:
cummins diesel power wrote:I may not be able to pinpoint it exactly. but its either a whirlwind whispertip,sensenich q series, or a water walker cypress.

I guess not much, they are kind of annoying tho, sounds like a bunch of bumble bee's buzzing around.
15x7 1974 airgator,500 cadillac dd,74" q series sensenich prop, 1/2" uhmw poly.
18x8 2001 panther, 502 chevy, 2 to 1 century,3 blade 78" stump puller, 1/2" poly

Chaseh
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Chaseh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:37 pm

cummins diesel power wrote:
Chaseh wrote:

I guess not much, they are kind of annoying tho, sounds like a bunch of bumble bee's buzzing around.
at least everyone knows when dean or I am coming down the rio!

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm

O.K. let`s be "honest" :angel4:

Nobody ever explained the dangers of addiction, or the consequences of becoming an addict before I became a second class airboater. :cry:

I can`t recall who it was, but once upon a time....I asked a fellar how a particular youngster was doing....and his response was profound, ageless, accurate, and common to most of us.

That`s when I realized I too was an addict.........He told me (paraphrase) "He`s too far gone....the fumes got him"...

I thought the worst (cancer etc) then he continued...."Perfumes, and Exhaust fumes"

Out of the long list of vices that we could be addicted to.....this airboating seems to be closest to Sex....and I`m guilty as charged. (tobacco/beer and hard work all running close behind)

I hope that my efforts to better my station in life, to not be a "burden" and to gain my own independence, self reliance, and respect will succeed. :dontknow:

"if it don`t we will always have thought it should have"

I DID NOT buy a warp drive...but I will say that I have run with a friend that has one on the same hull I`m running and it is my FAVORITE sounding prop (plus he lives WAY up on a hill that he drives up and down)

I have my new "Intervention" mounted, and so far it has given me "hope"....

I would like to sincerely Thank all of those who have supported me, both financially, and emotionally, through this step in my growth into "equality" :thumbleft:

I intend to petition the largest " Rights Advocates"(ACLU /NAACP/ CONGRESS) to start programs that will help others overcome their "second class airboater" status and free them from that stigma (slow, weak, can`t run the hill, "economy model", last in line etc.) No Airboater Left Behind

If we all stick together, and fight a good fight....we should all be able to one day, get someone to actually pay for our airboat and maybe even the expenses to operate it.

In the mean time I`m actually just tryin to get my lil ole tub to climb Brotherbob`s hill....if my "political" and semi "racist" overtone and attempt at satire offends anyone......sorry for your thin skin....take it up with congress.

I`m gone Airboating

BRAB46

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by KC5AKB » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:19 pm

MarshRider wrote:Only Has Been would have cogitated enough to ask the question about being 2nd class airboater.

You're right, BB, he's in a class all by himself -- Historian of the BRAB he is!

Great piece of prose, HB. When the guberment opens back up i'll be they will help you.
How's the boat runnin?

Bonnie
:scratch: :old_glory: We all have been waiting and a hanging on
But since it is below 32 Deg. F here in the genral BRAB Texas area
And we know that you have been a Wry ( way ) busy with
Those over worked pump things :arrow: We are kinda looking
For A UpDate on the kitty-Kat aka Panther :salute:
BRAB45 RRAB 17

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:51 pm

Yo my direct drive bro's we be getting down and got's our own language! AIRBONICS

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Yo my direct drive bro's we be getting down and got's our own language! AIRBONICS

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

That got a "Full Belly Laugh" outa me.....

My new super secret prop is sposed to be in tomorrow....so maybe I can Test it in the warmer weekend....

I had forgotten about posting this ole thread......it all made me smile.

Thanks to all the S A for allowing a forum for a simple minded redneck (me) to share, vent, learn, and grow.

I DO appreciate it.

Hasbeen

BRAB46

aggiejim
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by aggiejim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

this is one of the funniest post and yes it from my neck of the woods I will get to meet you all in marlin funny some of my family lives there. simi rookie to airboating only 2 years but just finished a new boat and U guys I must meet hasben I was in the 2nd class club for shure would be last in line
16 x 8 floral city ls2 6.0 aluminun block 2.3 ch3
can u say addicted
16.5 x8 alumintech new build
6.0 ls2 2.3 ch3 3 blade
the aggie

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:28 pm

What if u don't have a DD and u still can't make it to the top of the hill?
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Well.....that qualifies you for "special" classification, and you should be able to participate in other programs that would accommodate this disability.

"We The People" want to make sure that "No Airboat Left Behind" works for each and every "citizen" and most non "citizens"

I hope you will contact your local representative for details on available programs.

Hasbeen

BRAB46

Return to “Texas Airboaters”