http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVREMJ3M ... ata_player
Just a thought

Let's do it!!!

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Airboat to loud!!!

Post by Whitebear »

When we bash mufflers and claim we don't care how much "noise" we produce, the next thing left is a law requiring a specific "SOUND" level which will not be broken. While this is an old argument and I am against it because enforcement gets expensive with all the certifications and training, but I can't convince myself its off the table as far as the top tier of lawmakers are concerned. If we push the limits we will end up suffering for it. Just an opinion and maybe its worth nothing but I think it could happen.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Gangreen
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gangreen »

I kinda got out of hand on a comment earlier in the post which I regret but this is S.A. :proud: but I remember Osceola County (Gary) cop telling me when I asked years ago as they held the decibel meter at our boats. I asked why he had no mufflers and could make all that noise. He told me they was "Above" the law. http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/p ... 98&t=58499#

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

Be hard to convince me, not that he said it, but that it is a true statement. Generally LEOs are held to a higher standard then you or me.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by KC5AKB »

http://youtu.be/6b6fuW8zfeY Always looking for a way to run quite :idea: :scratch:
BRAB45 RRAB 17

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

A simple thing some forget is a simple tail pipe tuning the sound down ward can make a difference.

radialman66
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radialman66 »

Whitebear wrote:When we bash mufflers and claim we don't care how much "noise" we produce, the next thing left is a law requiring a specific "SOUND" level which will not be broken. While this is an old argument and I am against it because enforcement gets expensive with all the certifications and training, but I can't convince myself its off the table as far as the top tier of lawmakers are concerned. If we push the limits we will end up suffering for it. Just an opinion and maybe its worth nothing but I think it could happen.
The day will come ,soon, when the men in green will carry a decibel meter if they don't already. And they will check our sound covertly, not a planned out test where they allow you to ease by barely on a plane! A decibel meter only costs 30 bucks! We will all suffer for the actions of some. Its coming! :shock:
"let us cross over the river and rest in the shade of the trees" General Stonewall Jacksons last words.

KRVSA member.

Gangreen
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gangreen »

Osceola County has had decibel meters for a long time. They tested us by hiding in the weeds on East Lake about 12 years ago. If my mind serves me correctly 105 db and over was a ticket. We used to drop our boats in the yard and take the trucks with boat trailers to the ramp and leave them. They would wait for hours for us to come in off of the lake to test us and write tickets. They caught on after a while.

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 »

radialman66 wrote:
Whitebear wrote:When we bash mufflers and claim we don't care how much "noise" we produce, the next thing left is a law requiring a specific "SOUND" level which will not be broken. While this is an old argument and I am against it because enforcement gets expensive with all the certifications and training, but I can't convince myself its off the table as far as the top tier of lawmakers are concerned. If we push the limits we will end up suffering for it. Just an opinion and maybe its worth nothing but I think it could happen.
The day will come ,soon, when the men in green will carry a decibel meter if they don't already. And they will check our sound covertly, not a planned out test where they allow you to ease by barely on a plane! A decibel meter only costs 30 bucks! We will all suffer for the actions of some. Its coming! :shock:
they have them now. It is a free app on your smartphone

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

A/C motors don't need mufflers. The motor and prop Turing 2,850 is not making much noise to begin with. Nothing against C/M because Iv owned a few but yes they are loud. Hard to keep a 600hp plus motor quite when it's turning 5 or 6,000 RPM's. The ones bitching probably want nascar to put mufflers on the cars too right?
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2011 Al David / AV 540

Gangreen
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gangreen »

fl cracker wrote:A/C motors don't need mufflers. The motor and prop Turing 2,850 is not making much noise to begin with. Nothing against C/M because Iv owned a few but yes they are loud. Hard to keep a 600hp plus motor quite when it's turning 5 or 6,000 RPM's. The ones bitching probably want nascar to put mufflers on the cars too right?
We think alike my brother.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

fl cracker wrote:A/C motors don't need mufflers. The motor and prop Turing 2,850 is not making much noise to begin with. Nothing against C/M because Iv owned a few but yes they are loud. Hard to keep a 600hp plus motor quite when it's turning 5 or 6,000 RPM's. The ones bitching probably want nascar to put mufflers on the cars too right?
Flip any Nascar racer over and you'll see a X-over exhaust. It's there because it makes power, and A/C engines (which are loud too) are wasting power
if they don't run mufflers.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

radialman66
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radialman66 »

Gangreen wrote:Osceola County has had decibel meters for a long time. They tested us by hiding in the weeds on East Lake about 12 years ago. If my mind serves me correctly 105 db and over was a ticket. We used to drop our boats in the yard and take the trucks with boat trailers to the ramp and leave them. They would wait for hours for us to come in off of the lake to test us and write tickets. They caught on after a while.
That's funny as hayel! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"let us cross over the river and rest in the shade of the trees" General Stonewall Jacksons last words.

KRVSA member.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

brazosriverrats wrote:I'm not going to worry about it. The guy is just jealous because mine will out do his.
This is the thought train that will get us banned in places when folks just don't care.

brazosriverrats
Southern Airboat Member

Post by brazosriverrats »

The game warden said it was no louder than his boat. In still had new mufflers put on this weekend.

Return to “Texas Airboaters”