More Power

Jason812
Southern Airboat Member
Location: 20 minutes from Lake Waco, 20 minutes from Lake Whitney, TX

More Power

Post by Jason812 »

CenTex Airboater and I were discussing how we can get a little more power out of our heeps. I noticed he had a stack of Jegs, Edelbrock, Flowmaster, and other stickers in his garage on a shelf that was not on the boat and that lead us to thinking.

While each sticker may claim to add 10-15hp, we figured 8hp was more real world. So 25 stickers should be at least 200hp, right? :occasion5:

gso480jr
Southern Airboat Member

Re: More Power

Post by gso480jr »

got a box of Holley stickers I'll sell real cheap, adds around 25 hp. each.

ercalabria
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by ercalabria »

You guys need to be real careful with how and where you place them stickers. If you add too much sticker HP to one side or the other you could get the motor out of balance , so you might be better off to just put them on the hull, but if your boat gets to where it starts pulling to the left or right be sure and check if one of your stickers came off. It might throw you into a surprise 360. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAVE a MERRY CHRISTMAS
BRAB 10 / TAA 212
16x8 OLE BLUE PANTHER- 502/450 /2-1 CH3 / Powershift

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete »

I don't know the HP rating, but a YETI or a SALT LIFE sticker will surely make you look better. [or so i am told]

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

jopete wrote:I don't know the HP rating, but a YETI or a SALT LIFE sticker will surely make you look better. [or so i am told]
Yeah! It will add at least 5 mph to the bottom end!!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

kwowens1963
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwowens1963 »

Don't know for sure about the YETI making you look better...but it sure helps to keep the beer colder

KO
2012 15x8 GTO 383 Stroker, 3 blade sensenich
"Don't Stop Believin"
RRAA #007
BRAB #54

Jason812
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jason812 »

So we need to make sure the stickers are evenly distributed on the boat so it doesn't pull to one side or the other. Yeti stickers make you look better, add 5 mph on the bottom end, and (most importantly) keep your beer colder.

What about putting stickers on for things your boat doesn't have? I don't have Flowmasters but will a Flowmaster sticker still add hp? Also, will a Jeg's and Summit sticker combine and make even more power or counter act each other and take away hp?

ercalabria
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by ercalabria »

Not real sure on the mix and match stickers, you might try Keith Black or Rerh Morrison stickers for pure HP.
Maybe try 2 - 50 hp shot NOS stickers with precision alignment and be sure and put some extra pitch in your prop.
BRAB 10 / TAA 212
16x8 OLE BLUE PANTHER- 502/450 /2-1 CH3 / Powershift

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus »

After y'all get 'em all dressed up with that assortment of peel & stick horsepower I've got some "stupid sticker's" you'll want to add... wouldn't want anyone to be out of bounds. :bounce:

While y'all are adding to the sticker collage be sure to add the Texas Game Warden Association...it's a good guy" sticker for airboater's :thumbleft:
:texas:

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover »

If anyone has a boat that runs to well I have some Obama 2012 stickers guaranteed to make any boat run like s***

Jason812
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jason812 »

Quackcephus wrote:After y'all get 'em all dressed up with that assortment of peel & stick horsepower I've got some "stupid sticker's" you'll want to add... wouldn't want anyone to be out of bounds. :bounce:

While y'all are adding to the sticker collage be sure to add the Texas Game Warden Association...it's a good guy" sticker for airboater's :thumbleft:
By stupid do you mean adult beverages? We'll put a bunch of those on. Those may not add horsepower but they are sure to add the womens.

If Falls County still has the same game warden. You could give him some of the girls that will be on board cause of the beer stickers and he'll still be a penis.
todd glover wrote:If anyone has a boat that runs to well I have some Obama 2012 stickers guaranteed to make any boat run like s***
I think I'd rather put my nuts in a vise.

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover »

X2

kwowens1963
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwowens1963 »

so that is how you build cheap HP, if I had only known, I have a pile of stickers in my shop, with all that I have I should easily be making 2000+ HP on my GTO. If anyone needs some more HP, I do have plenty of stickers to spare

KO
2012 15x8 GTO 383 Stroker, 3 blade sensenich
"Don't Stop Believin"
RRAA #007
BRAB #54

CenTexAirboater
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CenTexAirboater »

Jegs Sticker=20hp, Summit Racing Sticker=30hp, Flowmaster=Easy 100+hp!!!! Charlie Pack off the streets and in the creeks sticker=Priceless!!!! :fishing
1980 15' Panther 383 Stroker 2.3:1 Century Belt Drive--4 Blade 78" Whisper Tip Whirlwind Prop--1/2" Polly Bottom and Sides

Return to “Texas Airboaters”