DD Carmotor boat on the hill???

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
airboat470
Southern Airboat Member

DD Carmotor boat on the hill???

Postby airboat470 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

:lol:. You guys will NEVER believe what i seen this past weekend. It was a direct drive on the hill with us a/c guys....hahaha. j/k. But really a caddie pulled up to where we was all talking with 2 people! Can you believe that 2 whole people!!! and a hog! I guess what im really getting to is i found a rock that said c/m airboaters on it and i threw it! Lets see what the whitewall brigade has to say for theirselves. :roll:
When in doubt floor it!
11'8 Step 0-470-11....

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: DD Carmotor boat on the hill???

Postby JAMES » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

MY CADDIE WOULD RUN THE HILL WITH 2-3 PEOPLE SEEN MANY DO IT EVEN A FEW 350'S :wink:
I NO WHERE A CADDIE IS RIGHT NOW HULL RAGGED OUT AND MOTOR PRETTY MUCH STOCK RUNS THE HILL FINE WITH 2-3 WITH A WOOD PROP KERMIT BOONE USE TO OWN IT HERE IN COCOA ....HE BUILT IT ALSO COMPLETE 10+ YRS AGO
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

chargedupoutlaw
Southern Airboat Member

Postby chargedupoutlaw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:21 pm

sh!t yea,,, caddies will burn hill up !!!! lol
JB AIRBOATS/// outlaw custom hulls and rigging/// josh bunnell

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby MJD291 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:29 pm

I SEEN A D.D CADDY SMOKE SOME 540'S AT THE HILL RACES IN COCOA MANY YEARS AGO. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO OWNED IT BUT IT WAS RANK. I ALSO SEEN A D.D 350 RUNNING ALL OVER OBAMA RIDGE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF AV GAS IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE..... VICTORY

airboat470
Southern Airboat Member

Postby airboat470 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:37 pm

[quote="MJD291"]I SEEN A D.D CADDY SMOKE SOME 540'S AT THE HILL RACES IN COCOA MANY YEARS AGO. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO OWNED IT BUT IT WAS RANK. I ALSO SEEN A D.D 350 RUNNING ALL OVER OBAMA RIDGE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When in doubt floor it!
11'8 Step 0-470-11....

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby MJD291 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 pm

AIRBOAT470 I PROMISE YOU I AM A DIEHARD A/C GUY AND WOULDN'T BE GIVING KUDOS TO NO CAR MOTOR BOAT IF IT WASN'T TRUE.

sidejobs
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sidejobs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:51 pm

MJD291 wrote:I SEEN A D.D CADDY SMOKE SOME 540'S AT THE HILL RACES IN COCOA MANY YEARS AGO. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO OWNED IT BUT IT WAS RANK. I ALSO SEEN A D.D 350 RUNNING ALL OVER OBAMA RIDGE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING.

If it was around 03 to 05 it was mine. Had to run 540 class and then gearbox class because the local dd boys were scared !

airboat470
Southern Airboat Member

Postby airboat470 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:51 pm

MJD291 wrote:AIRBOAT470 I PROMISE YOU I AM A DIEHARD A/C GUY AND WOULDN'T BE GIVING KUDOS TO NO CAR MOTOR BOAT IF IT WASN'T TRUE.

Honestly i though you was kidding. And yeah i have seen a few run the hill. Caddies more so than 350s. But i aint in this to praise them....i was thinking about getting me a dd carmotor boat....but i was gonna build me a set of like airplane lading gear under it so i could have the baddest dd boat out there. When ever it got dry i would push a button....and whaaa la....whitewalls would pop out... :bootyshake:
When in doubt floor it!
11'8 Step 0-470-11....

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby MJD291 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

sidejobs wrote:
MJD291 wrote:I SEEN A D.D CADDY SMOKE SOME 540'S AT THE HILL RACES IN COCOA MANY YEARS AGO. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO OWNED IT BUT IT WAS RANK. I ALSO SEEN A D.D 350 RUNNING ALL OVER OBAMA RIDGE LIKE IT WAS NOTHING.

If it was around 03 to 05 it was mine. Had to run 540 class and then gearbox class because the local dd boys were scared !

I REMEMBER IT HAVING A LONG ALUMINUM SPACER BETWEEN THE PROP AND MOTOR AND I THINK IT WAS BLUE. WHAT THIS YOUR BOAT SIDEJOBS??? IT WAS BEFORE 03 TO 05 WHEN I SEEN THE BOAT AND I THOUGHT THE BOAT WAS FROM COCOA.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm

We used to have a guy on here who had a DD 383 rig that would fly! Real strong little boat. Personally, I like DD carboats. A man can build one for not a lot of money and go most anywhere he needs to.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

But I think Grant hurt his feelings and he took his toys and went home.It was something to do with him having to haul PVC around to get him off the hill. :D :lol: Oh ya his name was Red Dwarf.

chargedupoutlaw
Southern Airboat Member

Postby chargedupoutlaw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm

sidejobs wrote:

this must b kery i was thinkin bout the ol side jobs boat when i saw this thread ,, lol def the baddest caddy ever imo ,,, n yes mjd its the blue boat u were thinkin bout ,, ,,, boat ran good fo sho !!!!
JB AIRBOATS/// outlaw custom hulls and rigging/// josh bunnell

angler
Southern Airboat Member

Postby angler » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:13 pm

What is the point of this thread? :scratch: I have a DD boat and in this economy I feel very fortunate to have anything that I can go out and enjoy with the family. I would love to have a hill burner but I am a disabled veteran living and supporting my family on a fixed income. Every upgrade I make to my boat it takes me months to save for. I am not bashing anyone and I have fun watching the guys with the hill burners run. But at least I can get out there to watch and have fun doing it! :usa:
US Army Veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq, I fought for Obamas right to be a retard

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

angler wrote:What is the point of this thread? :scratch: I have a DD boat and in this economy I feel very fortunate to have anything that I can go out and enjoy with the family. I would love to have a hill burner but I am a disabled veteran living and supporting my family on a fixed income. Every upgrade I make to my boat it takes me months to save for. I am not bashing anyone and I have fun watching the guys with the hill burners run. But at least I can get out there to watch and have fun doing it! :usa:

That's what it's all bout right there! :thumbleft: :D I'm not knocking ya or anyone else,until they start with this BS about dd hill burners.There maybe a few but they are few and FAR between.I started out with a stock 220 gpu and went from there.So I know what its like to tug and pull on a boat.But I wouldn't have traded it for nothing.It makes you a better boater if ya ask me.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:28 pm

Yeah Tony, Grant and I were teasin' him and he couldn't take a joke ..... I rode with him once though and that boat of his would go anywhere the rest of us could. He didn't need PVC. Not at all.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

JLH
Southern Airboat Member

Postby JLH » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

i seen 1 back in the 80's beat jim corbin so bad he wouldnt even come back to the oak head. he just headed home cause he couldnt take the ribbin. bad part was he had the biggest trollin motor i ever seen mounted on the deck and an a 8D battery.

little gore
Southern Airboat Member

Postby little gore » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm

i got an 11,6 gore hull with a dd 350 ill run it with 3 people in it now problem

old skool
Southern Airboat Member

Postby old skool » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm

my first oat was a caddy i am still wishing i had never sold it because i have had nothing great out of the gpus i have now and as a matter of fact i am going back carmotor and yes my caddy ran the hill with 3 people no problem never ever left me stuck like my great gpu150 . my gpu150 is more like pe90 maybe
a bad day working on a airboat is better than a job at a factory any day

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:01 pm

kennen elliott wrote:my first oat was a caddy i am still wishing i had never sold it because i have had nothing great out of the gpus i have now and as a matter of fact i am going back carmotor and yes my caddy ran the hill with 3 people no problem never ever left me stuck like my great gpu150 . my gpu150 is more like pe90 maybe

A pe90 is a 150 gpu. :roll: And you didn't think that was going to be a bad ass boat did ya?

ffcracker
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby ffcracker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

A Caddy will burn up the hill but it takes two things set it up right and tune the hull and engine to do it. We have lost so much to people not researching the elders on how to set up a hull or engine and trusting the bottle or overpowering a boat I.E. a 540 or 520 on a 12 foot hull. He!! yeah it will burn the hill up and if it aint set up right it will bury the bow when they hit the water. I guess my point is, folks have been runnin the same hill all of us run and brag about, but they did it with ancient tech and know how not hot cams, special fuel, reduction units and nitrous. We are substituing H/P for brains, if I offend anyone for me saying it then p.m. me and I will be glad to meet and talk about it or what ever. :mrgreen: Thats the cracker way of taking care of it, but take the time to think about what our parents and grandparents did, how many 540 or 520 let alone a gitsu did you see in 1940- 1960?? More engine is not always the answer but it is always nice to have and I can be accussed of it. :(
A RESENTFULL CITIZEN OF A DICTATORSHIP CALLED alachua county

watersports7
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby watersports7 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 pm

ffcracker wrote: I guess my point is, folks have been runnin the same hill all of us run and brag about, but they did it with ancient tech and know how not hot cams, special fuel, reduction units and nitrous. We are substituing H/P for brains,

GOOD POST! :salute:
12' Predator / Lycoming 4 Cylinder / Old Skool 68x38 Stick Prop
Perfectly said by Lycoming: Some engines purr like kittens. These roar!

signcoc43
Southern Airboat Member

Postby signcoc43 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm

ffcracker has a good point! plus hes got a good running dd caddie boat that i seen come outta some nasty mud loaded down with 3 adults and 2 kids , stopped him in his tracks but powered outta it.
12 foot hamant fuel injected pe-90 520 conversion swinging a 68" ngq!!
" Yes my boat is slow!!!"

sidejobs
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sidejobs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm

MJD291 wrote:
sidejobs wrote:

I REMEMBER IT HAVING A LONG ALUMINUM SPACER BETWEEN THE PROP AND MOTOR AND I THINK IT WAS BLUE. WHAT THIS YOUR BOAT SIDEJOBS??? IT WAS BEFORE 03 TO 05 WHEN I SEEN THE BOAT AND I THOUGHT THE BOAT WAS FROM COCOA.

It does have a 6" aluminum prop adapter. It is blue. Boat was built in 2000 raced it till 05 I think. Thought cocoa race was 03 lol. Have to check my trophys ! Lol

sidejobs
Southern Airboat Member

Postby sidejobs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 pm

chargedupoutlaw wrote:
sidejobs wrote:

this must b kery i was thinkin bout the ol side jobs boat when i saw this thread ,, lol def the baddest caddy ever imo ,,, n yes mjd its the blue boat u were thinkin bout ,, ,,, boat ran good fo sho !!!!

Yes it is. .... boat is being rebuilt now, almost done.

airboat470
Southern Airboat Member

Postby airboat470 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:26 pm

angler wrote:What is the point of this thread? :scratch: I have a DD boat and in this economy I feel very fortunate to have anything that I can go out and enjoy with the family. I would love to have a hill burner but I am a disabled veteran living and supporting my family on a fixed income. Every upgrade I make to my boat it takes me months to save for. I am not bashing anyone and I have fun watching the guys with the hill burners run. But at least I can get out there to watch and have fun doing it! :usa:
Tony480 wrote:

That's what it's all bout right there! :thumbleft: :D I'm not knocking ya or anyone else,until they start with this BS about dd hill burners.There maybe a few but they are few and FAR between.I started out with a stock 220 gpu and went from there.So I know what its like to tug and pull on a boat.But I wouldn't have traded it for nothing.It makes you a better boater if ya ask me.

Just like tony said...i didnt start this to hurt no ones feelings or put down no ones boat. As long as your out there sliding thats all that matters. I just have a lot of fun on here talking junk to these guys. I like seeing grown men get there panties in a wad cause of what somebody told them on the internet. :lol: . Seriously no hard feelings :thumbleft:
When in doubt floor it!
11'8 Step 0-470-11....

Return to “Airboat Talk”