Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

Post by fl cracker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Airjack you are right. They think If we will pay that price once well pay it again. Before all this crap was put together they should have posted the prices. So for myself, 2 kids and wife were looking at $180 bucks. That's stupid, I can go to the Bahamas on a 3 day cruise for that. I hope there's a Hurricane next weekend!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 pm

BlowInIt wrote:I dont feel the need to pack heat at a airboat race, but $45 just to watch is fugn stupid!
i agree, but i do have a gun or 2 at all times but i also can defend my self in many other ways so bringing a gun to a place like that may not be called for .. (on your person) in my truck/car different story no one would i leave my guns with and id even refuse the police to search so why the hell would i let some mallcop search my shyt :wink:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

jwoodl01
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jwoodl01 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I can promise you Buck, I want to see this sanctioned Airboat racing take off just as much as everbody else, but at the price I'll be paying next Saturday for this event, it will be my last time attending until admission is more reasonably priced or includes a 400 ft. bucket seat ride in GEN3's boat.
PROUD MEMBER OF UNITED SPORTSMAN FOR TRADTIONAL HERITAGE

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Bucknasty wrote:
Waterthunder wrote:Man now we have the racers and the spectators bitching airboat racing ain't gotta chance.
No, we have the whiny bitches and then the racers who are bending over backwards to make this sport happen! The true racers and the ones who REALLY want to see this thing grow are still going. The truth hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting feelings.

lookin like i may be someone who dont really want it to take off because that price in all seriousness is f&@king ridiculous and im considering just stayin home and working
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

harley
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by harley » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

That's just down right "ridiculous" at that price.. jmo, sounds like some one is trying to pocket some money.. now with this stupid ass price they are going to loose more money than they will make.. was thinking about going but hell most are not going now , so i will stay in my own river for free. :lol: :thumbleft: :rebel:
14x8 Diamondback / SBC Power.

"ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE"

blown480
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blown480 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 pm

45.00 they better have 'good' lights, sound system for the racers,n 'DAMMNED good payout for the "RACERS", jmo or they can stick it for $45.00, bring 'felda' back, $20.00 no dogs , glass, guns, concert at nite, made a ton of money, and a damm good place to race

PJC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PJC » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 am

Just remember its the people that own Devils Garden not Brad and Chuck that are setting the price for admission.

The Dickens
Southern Airboat Member

Post by The Dickens » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 am

Obviously, many have a point on both side of the gun issue. So, it's simple. They should provide some parking outside of the area where people can park and walk to the event. Then they can leave their gun outside the event but, have it for the long trip to and from. The work around is to pair up. Leave one truck outside with both parties guns in it and drive the clean on in, but that is just logic speaking.

I believe someone, White Bear?, is right that they may not have a legal right to do this, but just us the above and get over it.

The cost seems high at first, but if they have everything it's worth it. I mean a tree, timers, large win lights, time and mph on large read out (need to know without a doubt who won the round without humans calling it), and a speaker system anyone could here. The safety crews, security, outside parking for guns in truck, beer, and food. Then it could be well worth that money and then some. The half naked and dirty women sure does sound like a plus.

If they are trying to get $45 for kids lets say 12 and under. Then that is insane no matter what is going on there. Give them a $10 or $15 ticket. It's not like they are paying it. They guy that just paid $90 to get him and his wife in is paying for the kids also.

I want to go and watch Danny and Chuck take home 1st and 2nd with the newest and oldest WT motors, but can't because of plans from 2 months ago. I would pay that price at least once to check it out, but might skip the next time if it wasn't top notch. Hope someone that is going will take some good pictures and video for the rest.
You're better of lucky than good. Because no matter how good you are, until you get lucky, you're just playing with yourself. -The Dickens

http://www.waterthunder.com

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am

that sounds like like a good plan,but how long would it take for the crooks to figure out the guns are parked outside?

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 am

they dont search worth a frick u can hide a pistol if its that big a deal if not stay home and clean ur gun prob needs it if it has to go everywhere with ya
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

The Dickens
Southern Airboat Member

Post by The Dickens » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Scarecrow wrote:that sounds like like a good plan,but how long would it take for the crooks to figure out the guns are parked outside?
How would this be any different than the county and state fairs that have been going on for years?
You're better of lucky than good. Because no matter how good you are, until you get lucky, you're just playing with yourself. -The Dickens

pirate
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by pirate » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Do they charge $45.00??
Compromise is failure on the installment plan.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by pipedog » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Drag racers pay any where from $40 to $100 to race (give or take a little)depending on class, faster cars pay more but always have a bigger purse. Spectators and crew members are usually $15 to $25 (depending on type of race, typical sat night race or national) and kids under 12 are free. So if your a racer and your good at it or just lucky you can win your money back or even make it a good payday!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:07 pm

at the fairs there is usually one big parking lot for everybody and here it seems like their suggesting parking outside of a designated area if you have a gun----IMO it would not take long for bad guys to figure this out

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm

How about this? If you cant come without your gun stay home or do something that you can take your gun to. If you cant afford to pay the 45.00 entry fee find something you can afford to do, or something that you feel is worth your money to do because the airboat races arent high enough on your priority list to pay what they are asking. Just as simple as that. I believe the point has been made to NARA and they obviously do not have the power to do anything about it with the landowners. Hopefully they will be able to get us a track at a more central location and be able to hold races at a more affordable price for the spectators to come. As a racer, that spends well over $1000.00 dollars for a weekend to do this, its hard to hear people complain about $45.00 and what ever minimal cost is incurred to come watch. But racing is what I love and unfortunatley it cost alot of money. Did I say $1000.00 that was before the $163.00 redlight ticket that polk county mailed me when I got home!LOL I could have paid the way of 3 of you spectators with that money and bought you each a beer!

Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Airjack » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 am

I don’t think it’s because people “can’t afford” the admission price, it’s because some people decided to be a little smarter with their money. I know it’s not the NARA’s doing and I understand the race is just entertainment for the mudders that are staying all weekend, but $45 for diehard airboat fans that just wanna come watch the race is ridiculous. Maybe like Hammerhead said, we need a location more central for the race fans.
Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

HAMMERHEAD wrote:How about this? If you cant come without your gun stay home or do something that you can take your gun to. If you cant afford to pay the 45.00 entry fee find something you can afford to do, or something that you feel is worth your money to do because the airboat races arent high enough on your priority list to pay what they are asking. Just as simple as that. I believe the point has been made to NARA and they obviously do not have the power to do anything about it with the landowners. Hopefully they will be able to get us a track at a more central location and be able to hold races at a more affordable price for the spectators to come. As a racer, that spends well over $1000.00 dollars for a weekend to do this, its hard to hear people complain about $45.00 and what ever minimal cost is incurred to come watch. But racing is what I love and unfortunatley it cost alot of money. Did I say $1000.00 that was before the $163.00 redlight ticket that polk county mailed me when I got home!LOL I could have paid the way of 3 of you spectators with that money and bought you each a beer!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD bless modern tecnology..the basturds
hammerhead just a little lesson red means STOP :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

makinwaves
Southern Airboat Member

Post by makinwaves » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 am

my own experience: okeechobee races a couple yrs ago. august if i remember right- but i do remember 98* and no shade. had to carry all my crap to the far end to sit so far from the track my pictures were useless.
racers spend all kinds of money and its thier hobby - a purse should be between them kindof like a friendly wager on lake X.
overcharging spectators is a bad decision i dont care who set the policy. realize there would be more folks who aernt airboaters that would come to a race out of curiosity if they can afford to check out such an exciting sport.
i hope DG has plenty of emenities: stands,plenty of toilets,fan friendly win-lites/timeing.etc so i can feel better about my entry fee is put to good use.

windwagon
Southern Airboat Member

Post by windwagon » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Wow this is all we have to say about these pour sob spending every waking min building the hardest boats ever risking there damn lives to put on a show and see who's got it or not just plain pitiful I know well be there to see some rank a$$ boat goin faster then ever but I just hope that my sons kids will even know what a stinking airboat is let alone have the opportunity to go watch em race

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 pm

windwagon wrote:Wow this is all we have to say about these pour sob spending every waking min building the hardest boats ever risking there damn lives to put on a show and see who's got it or not just plain pitiful I know well be there to see some rank a$$ boat goin faster then ever but I just hope that my sons kids will even know what a stinking airboat is let alone have the opportunity to go watch em race
YOU ARE MY HERO! TELL'EM!

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Hammer, looks like you will atleast have one spectator!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

2slow
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 2slow » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Man,with all this gripeing and conplaining it should be easy for one of u to find us less expensive spot to race,as u can see we r all for it.As much research as u have done I bet u probably have the number in your wallet... :banghead:

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 pm

THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF SPECTATORS! THERE ARE ONLY 2 OR 3 THREE COMPLAINING AND 2 OF THEM WOULDNT COME IF IT WAS FREE! JMO

jrbass333
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jrbass333 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:00 am

HAMMERHEAD we will be their to support , i hope ya,ll get the boat running better , the lochloosa klan will have 7 boats their , we have to go and support i don,t want to pay 45.00 per person , but we have to support the klan . and the rest of the racers , thay have a lot of money in their boats and spend a lot of time making them faster , just to entertain us , the least we can do is support .

The Dickens
Southern Airboat Member

Post by The Dickens » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Scarecrow wrote:at the fairs there is usually one big parking lot for everybody and here it seems like their suggesting parking outside of a designated area if you have a gun----IMO it would not take long for bad guys to figure this out
The state and county fair here run out of parking and people end up all over the place, so many do and many don't have a secured place to park.

The suggestion was for the people running the place to provide parking outside of the event on their property. The second part is a work around for the people that need a way now. If you feel their could be a problem on the way to the event. You can do this and keep your gun. If you think there will be a problem at this place you won't be going without your gun anyways.

Return to “High Performance Talk”