TRASH, CANS, BROKEN GLASS !!!!!!!!

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Gonzo
Southern Airboat Member

TRASH, CANS, BROKEN GLASS !!!!!!!!

Post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:50 pm

I am not a tree hugger, I am not a frog licker. I require burning fossil fuels in large, rich burn quantities. I have been KILLING / EATING Gods creatures off the marsh since the early seventies. One thing I would like to discuss with the fellow riders of the man made wind.
PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!! I go up to the Oak Head very often and I am truly disturbed by the attitude of the now crowd. A short walk behind the tables and you will see the blown debris reaching a hundred feet or more. When I was a kid I ran around there barefoot, now I am worried about cutting up my marsh boots on all the broken glass. If you are worried about the MAN counting cans, #1- you ought to ease up on the throttle before you hurt yourself or someone else. #2 Get a bud that is not enjoying himself as much as you to haul it out. I pick up stuff all the time and haul it back. Somebody or something gave us this beautiful place to play and hunt, why turn it ugly. Come on guy's, if you see it- pick it up. If you see someone throw it , tell him to pick it up. Lets keep the trash in town, ( define yourself ). Tax, tag, title not included. I will get down off the box now, Thank You for your time! Gonzo

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: TRASH, CANS, BROKEN GLASS !!!!!!!!

Post by wildcard » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 pm

people today don't believe in picking up most were not brought up correctly and don't care :violent1: :rebel: :old_glory:

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Stay on the Box Gonzo! We need to all be up there on it too. You don't need to be a long time airboater to have common sense and respect for the environment. Unfortunately common sense isn't very common anymore.
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

:evil: They just don't care , @SS holes ! What sucks is you cant teach them any BETTER . You don't need to be an airboater just someone who cares and respects the outdoors !!!!
Last edited by cflacowboy001 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timmmyy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by timmmyy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks bro. WE are thinking about moving to Melbourne
Olways on the furst date

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Leaving trash in the woods tells you a lot about a person. If they do not respect the woods, or other people, they do not respect them self. Its hard to teach one who has no respect for anything or anyone.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Capital Punishment
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Capital Punishment » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I agree!!! It's really irresponsible. When I see a stand in the marsh with trash under it I am so pizzed.
I can't imagine sitting in the woods looking at trash mixed in with all the beautiful plant life.
If your worried about being stopped and being questioned then bring a trash bag with you and tell them you have other peoples trash as well.
Need a dumpster???.....Bragg's Roll-Off Dumpsters, Inc. (321)403-3022

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 pm

The littering problem is all too common. All over.
Just gotta carry an extra trash bag in the truck and boats.
I can hear myself mumbling unwholesome things under my breath as I reach down and pick up other peoples' leave-behinds where we'd like to camp or pic nik or launch our boats...
But we do it cause we have a respect for creation and take care of it and are good stewards of its' bounty.
This will never end...I hate the reality of that fact.
Airboaters do all kinds of clean-ups throughout the year...consider these solo events. lol
Tighten the belt a notch so you don't throw out your back. lol
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Cat, the thing I try to keep in my mind while I'm cleanin' up another man's mess is that somehow, some way those people are makin' their own bed, and that someday they'll have to sleep in it.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 am

wildcard wrote:people today don't believe in picking up most were not brought up correctly and don't care :violent1: :rebel: :old_glory:
don't nobody head to juniper run and pull that crap ... life get hard up there if you do ... white trash don't like no trash in the run .. and neither does any of the orher guys or gals up there ... frog heads ??? no problem natural recyclin to a point .. but don't throw no man made garbage down and leave it ... and that is the way it should be ... that is why it is such a pretty place to go .. I be back up there soon guys ... somebody has to get stan back straight LOL .. miss y'all
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

scottymartin
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottymartin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 am

They can afford to buy a boat, but haven't realized...they can't buy "Common Sense" !!
Little Bear 12' Scorpion w / O-360 200hp

johnnythunder

Post by johnnythunder » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:15 am

the trashers don't know that our mother is a living. breathing .feeling, being.with our planet being a duelity place you have good and bad,right and wrong.i.ve gone to the woods or the swamp for years and don't like what is call the evidence of man in the swamps.glades cat my hat is off to you.you are teaching your boys to be good stewards of the earth.and it only takes one generation.there is a hopi prophecy that says in the end days warriors will rise up to protect the earth our mother.i truelly believe that people are the southern airboaters.

dyno dan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dyno dan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:33 am

well put gonzo....

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MacGyver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am

cntry141iq the guys up juniper definately donot put up with liter bugs, then again all the people up there are very carefull about trash. As far as Stan goes Country i DARE you to ask him about where the GIANT Tick bite him :toothy7: .He is very proud to explain it in DETAILS :D
MacGyver

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Qwikdiesel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 am

I think the next " Lake Clean Up" actually needs to be a clean up at the oak head. The major problem here is people leave they're trash bags by the tables and then the coons rip the bags open and then all the boats blow the sh!t everywhere. I never really see anyone just throw trash on the ground- (I'm sure it happens though). Maybe the airboat clubs in Cocoa and Melb could coordinate a weekend for a big BBQ and everyone could take a few minutes and pick the place up. Wouldn't take to long with 50-60 people.
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 am

How about a Pre-TNT cleanup, seems we always have a pretty good turn out. If everyone could agree "clean-up for 30 mins before we tune". Sure would go a long way to managing this.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 am

keep it up we need these AZZes to start picking up after themselves. This is the reason why some areas are closed to the public. Me and my friends run out there allot during season We clean our camp repeatedly only to arrive on Friday night and find trash spread around it. Or that some azz burned our pick nick table. So i have to thank getrdone for the new one.

caveman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by caveman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 am

I agree 100% :old_glory:

cuban cracker
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cuban cracker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 am

Ditto to Gonzo.
I took the RED PILL and am staying in wonderland to see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

And boy is it deep!

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:30 pm

MacGyver wrote:cntry141iq the guys up juniper definately donot put up with liter bugs, then again all the people up there are very carefull about trash. As far as Stan goes Country i DARE you to ask him about where the GIANT Tick bite him :toothy7: .He is very proud to explain it in DETAILS :D
not the tick story again I can't handle hearing that again :lol: ,and if someone throws trash in the run they will be told real fast where to put it! all the other places I ride have trash everywhere but I also notice it is a different crowd of people too.
aaof member

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 pm

We've always hauled out more trash than we create, and I always will. It's too bad you can't shame a slob, but I damn sure give them a piece of my mind if I catch them littering up the marsh.

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by gruprgetr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 pm

#1. shows ya that their parents didnt give @ shtz about how they raised their spawn!.
#2. that open container /trash bags BS is just that BS. a way for the scum lowlife lazy craps to not pick up after themselves. ya think PO PO aint on to it? let em see that your drinkin beer and look into your cooler an see a half empty 12 pack and NO empties onboard
see where that gets ya. :dontknow: :dontknow:
personnally have been checked and when SO saw that i had 5 times as many empties as i had cold ones guy thanked us for pickin up after the SLOBS (exact words) an wished us a good day.
#3. it aint always the younguns either,had many a word with some of the "old cats", and ya can REALLY WAKE EM UP QUIK! with a few empty cans in the prop well........................................... :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

:rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 pm

I agree Gonzo,,, It pisses me off, they have the room in the boat or cooler to carry their stuff in with them,, There's no reason it can't make it out,,Maybe we should pick their trash and throw it in thier front yard!!!!

gun powder & lead
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gun powder & lead » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

A few years back my brother and his wife and a friend of theirs got permission from st.johns to take a truck and trailer to the oak head and clean up. they had the truck and trailer loaded with over 500lbs of trash that they picked up in one day. six months later you could not even tell they did all that work. we have been running the north river since the early 70s. my dad built a camp at the mouth of winder in 74 and if we ever thought about throwing trash out we would not only got our butts kicked all the way back to town we would of had our boats taken away from us. but now a days people have no respect for the river and the future of the kids to enjoy it. so i guess what i am trying to say is if you can bring out to the river in the boat you sure the hell can bring it back.

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I agree and call BULLSHIZ on the " I dont want to get caught with empties".............!!!!!!!!!!!! What about the guy that hauled them empties out.. Did he get pulled for open container? Did he get hassled by the man cause he had a bag of empty beer cans? Did he get caught with to many beers on board?

NOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!

That excuse is not worth the human's mouth it cam out of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick up your trash frickin litter bug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

Return to “Airboat Talk”