RC airboats

Airboats with smaller powerplants.
Hicklifekid
Southern Airboat Member

RC airboats

Post by Hicklifekid »

Does anyone know where/who builds and sells rc airboats for good price that will run hill?

:rebel: :old_glory:
continental 520
74'' Sensenich Q
13'6'' Predator widetrack

F.U.C.O
HATERS GONNA HATE!

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: RC airboats

Post by ptr34 »

what u want to spend on one? i build one . its 36x24 with a pull start 27cc engine. have tons of videos on my youtube Image
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

That boat looks familiar.... With out question the best R/C boat I've bought. That boat floats excellent and easy enough to drive my six year old can drive it without sinking it. If your looking for a great R/C boat (PTR34) is the man to talk to...
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 »

ptr34 wrote:what u want to spend on one? i build one . its 36x24 with a pull start 27cc engine. have tons of videos on my youtube Image

Man that has to be the coolest raidio controled air boat I have seen yet.

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

JB550 wrote:
ptr34 wrote:what u want to spend on one? i build one . its 36x24 with a pull start 27cc engine. have tons of videos on my youtube Image

U should see his videos!

Man that has to be the coolest raidio controled air boat I have seen yet.
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

Thanks it will do sbout 36 mph.nitro ones are funny to. But for the money gasser is cheaper.to get a good nitro u can get a gas that u can mod out and rebuild for cheap and fuel 1/4 cost and pull start no glow plugs no starters.
Last edited by ptr34 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

Yea JB550 I bought it from PTR34 a little while back and me and my little boy have enjoyed it ever since...
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

I agree with that terry just put gas and pull the rope that simple ! I've had the nitro ones and it seems you spend more time working to be able to use them. Who knows maybe I'm just getting lazy :lol:

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I love mine, it took me a few to get it to lay down (not porpoise). I like the flat bottom but I'm about to attempt a step. With the nitro I run a .46 evolution I think it was $100-120. I took Cajun gators plans he offers on his page. They r puller style boats so it took some changes to get it to ride right. Slides awesome through the corners once u get the hang of the throttle/turning. I prolly have about 200-225 in mine. I can send u my plans . Very simple. 1/8" wood!

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

:) wrote:I love mine, it took me a few to get it to lay down (not porpoise). I like the flat bottom but I'm about to attempt a step. With the nitro I run a .46 evolution I think it was $100-120. I took Cajun gators plans he offers on his page. They r puller style boats so it took some changes to get it to ride right. Slides awesome through the corners once u get the hang of the throttle/turning. I prolly have about 200-225 in mine. I can send u my plans . Very simple. 1/8" wood!
That's not bad then if that's all the $ you have in them... I will say the step makes them extremely fun to drive but its all in what you want ! Nice boats by the way :thumbleft:

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

dang my radios cost over a 100 alone

Hicklifekid
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hicklifekid »

Terry, thats what im looking for how much for boat and radio? all together
continental 520
74'' Sensenich Q

F.U.C.O
HATERS GONNA HATE!

Hicklifekid
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hicklifekid »

Terry, that is what im looking for how much all together :thumbleft:
continental 520
74'' Sensenich Q

F.U.C.O
HATERS GONNA HATE!

gary
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gary »

Terry, How deep is the step on the bottom of the hull?
Thanks,
-Gary

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

2" i think been a little bit since i had it

wildwatson1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wildwatson1 »

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-power-bi ... ckType=G36 not sure if yall have seen this.it's a over run clutch for a drill.i got mine for 10 bucks at sears,jb weld a screw driver attatchment barrell on it and but a socket or hex head or what ever you need to prop start you're boat with a cordless drill.

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman »

if anyone builds them to sell please pm me so i can call you,would like to get one for my son thanks

Airboat 86
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airboat 86 »

I am interested in talking to you more about purchasing one of your r/c gas airboats. How do I go about contacting you? Is the General Lee in the photo for sale?

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

Airboat 86 wrote: I am interested in talking to you more about purchasing one of your r/c gas airboats. How do I go about contacting you? Is the General Lee in the photo for sale?
ptr34 has not posted on this website for a few years - you may find him over on facebook. (you can search his old threads for a name and cell#)
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

daxxe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by daxxe »

kwanjangnihm wrote:
Airboat 86 wrote: I am interested in talking to you more about purchasing one of your r/c gas airboats. How do I go about contacting you? Is the General Lee in the photo for sale?
ptr34 has not posted on this website for a few years - you may find him over on facebook. (you can search his old threads for a name and cell#)
Too bad to hear he's not active on this board anymore!That RC airbot looks awesome

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by KC5AKB »

Cool.looking
BRAB45 RRAB 17

Return to “Mini-Airboats”