BLOWN 480 RIP

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
graywhale
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: BLOWN 480 RIP

Post by graywhale » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Got to meet Danny in the 80's at buzzer roost, was camping with a good friend ( Jim Hayward) who Danny has now joined in the big mash in the sky. I bet they are catching up and telling stories. Our prayers are with your family and you will be missed. RIP............
what goes around, comes around

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Well the shock has subsided a bit but the pain is still present ,I'd have agree with rick and Maria I think we are all such a close nit group here in cocoa it actually feels like a family member has passed ,he was definantly someone we all knew hung out with and loved .Its a very hard thing to deal with while ur trying to work to make a living but we all made it thru I guess .anyway he truly will be missed and but the sounds of these post he will be missed by way more people than I could imagine ,like they say above he's probably up there catchin up with Jim Hayward chuck grounds and billy fine and we can't forget bud bell ,true airboaters and people I've learned a lot from .R.I.P my freind until we meet at the pearly gates :x
Last edited by THE NIGHT RIDER on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

wilemotorsports
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wilemotorsports » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:34 pm

MY PRAYS ARE OUT TO YOU DANNY RIP / AND TO DANE AND HIS MOTHER ''YOU JUST NEVER KNOW '' TOMMY SHIRLEY

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Cowboy Rock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 pm

I only talked to Danny on the phone, but he was a great help to me,,,

I bought some things from him and he always shipped it on time,,,

My prayers go out to his family,,,

I will miss his post,,,

I have decided that I will not delete his name and number from my phone,,,

RIP My Friend,,,

:rebel: :old_glory:

Cowboy R
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

Stuffer Steve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Stuffer Steve » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 pm

RIP Danny........Thoughts and Prayers out to family.
Steve Fijalkowski
Benefactor NRA Life/Ducks Unlimited/United Waterfowlers/KRVSA/FAA/NTA-Taxidermist
Al David Performance
avIO540 Upstack /72Q

mscott
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mscott » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Sorry to hear about the sad news. Prayers to his family and for thier strength.

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am

yea still can't believe it he was one of my go to guys if I needed something out of the ordinary built he would always say just draw me some blueprints. hell we talked one day for hours when dane was into raceing gocarts talking about different things and setups I gunna miss talking to him very smart man
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Post by diamondback0320 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 am

Its hard to swallow that someone u know can b gone in a flash,i met danny gyrs ago after I bought my 1st boat 3 boats later I have learned & talked with this man alot & got many parts from him very smart for sure & willing to share what he knew. I will miss talkin with him for sure,altho I didnt know his wife & only met dane once as he was passin thru the shop my prayers will b with them,R.I.P danny will miss u buddy!

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 am

I've only knew Danny for about 2 years and it feels like I've lost a long time friend so I can't even begin to imagine how some of you close friends feel and especially Dane. One thing is for sure DANNY would not let you leave that River going home hungry... Like Bronson said he would walk from boat to boat offering food to everyone and would never take a dime of your money for it. Even my little boy got use to eating his food and always would ask before we would head up that way if that nice man with the good food was gonna be cooking today cause he said he loved his food. I'm gonna sure miss his posts on here and his way with words and all the motor advice :cry: R.I.P Danny prayers sent to all the family & friends.
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

superdutymike-00
Southern Airboat Member

Post by superdutymike-00 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am

still cant beleave the news danny tought me allot about my motor and worked out allot of problems with me such a great man keep on sliding my friend untill we meet agian RIP DANNY

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:33 am

Found this on FloridaToday.com:

Ralph Daniel (Danny) Oliver, 61, passed away on Sunday October 13, 2013. He was born August 1, 1952 in Jacksonville, FL to the late Bob and Maxine Oliver. He lived most of his life in Cocoa, FL.

Danny was employed on Cape Canaveral for 30 years. After retiring in 2008 he became an active member of the St John's River Airboat Association and the local Jet Ski club.

He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Debbie Oliver and their son Dane Oliver both of Cocoa, FL.; his brothers and sisters-in-law, Bobby and Christina Oliver of Amelia Island, FL, Bill and Bonnie Oliver of Keystone Heights, FL; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Calvin and Bessie Selvidge, brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Roy and Johnnie Selvidge, all from Dalton, Ga; multiple nephews, nieces, cousins and friends.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday October 19, 2013 at 12:00pm at the Frank Burton Smith Park on SR 520. Reception to follow. The family has requested donations be made to the organizations of your choice; Hospice, Candlelighters, Make A Wish Foundation, Smile Train.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/florid ... =167554345

Rick

SouthernSparkler
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SouthernSparkler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Sad news. I met him once at some races. We were parked by Dane and he asked if my husband and I had ate. He took us down to his boat and fed us like we were long time friends. Many prayers for Dane & family.

Sparkler
I'm what Willis was talkin' about

FlaGB
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FlaGB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Never met Dan but reading thru this tread it's obvious we've lost a good guy. The ones who were fortunate enough to know him have fond memories. RIP

Return to “Airboat Talk”