HELP NEEDED

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Re: HELP NEEDED

Post by John Fenner »

Folks, this is why you always push dead boats, never tow with rope, pull rudders, lash dead boat to bow of rescue boat and push with ease.
I never finish anyth,,,.

mfreem
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mfreem »

Can anybody confirm that the avgas pump is up in Weston?

mfreem
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mfreem »

Packed up fueled up on the water in a few min

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

Good man!!
I never finish anyth,,,.

clark-kentski
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by clark-kentski »

Shannon airboat posted these coordinates on facebook......HELP NEEDED. Two boats down stuck in trees. May need full track to get on out. GPS coordinates south side of alley 10 miles ssw 026 ° 03' 05" n 080°44' 55' W
We are loading up our boat. Any and all help needed!! Search and rescue on scene we hear. One boat needs to be cut out. Other boat has to be pulles out with full track....headed that way now

When there is no man fit to follow, a man must carve his own path.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Post by Scotty1 »

:rebel: does any of the boats have vhf radios :rebel:

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

Any way I can help, just call. I have all the proper recovery gear and will assist immediatly.

Just saw this thread for the first time

954-536-74oo
Marshall
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

SWAMPCRACKER85
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SWAMPCRACKER85 »

Any updates ? we were out in 3a south yesterday put in at the same ramp didn't see any one stuck unless they went out later in the day after we left their was probably 10/12 boats out while we were riding surprised no one came up on them while they were headed to tower.
10'6x7 cut down Ricochet, 0-300 Clunkinental 68x34 Sensenich kevlar tip narrow

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

man just read this . Hope everyone is ok.

mfreem
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mfreem »

We are at the coordinates. We don't see anyone.

Seven3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Seven3 »

Just called Jason, his phone has been dead. BSO transported them back to the ramp. Full tracks are supposedly going out later to get the boats, he said the only way those two boats are getting unstuck is either a full track or a crane.

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

So was Diggin ok?
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

Diggins good. I ended up in that position because my sandwich got destroyed in the cooler so when we started working, it didn't take long to run out of gas. And then the fatigue and cramps set in. But, besides the blown motor, all is well.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sucks about the motor, but sure am glad to hear ya'll are alright.

Thanks for the update.

Rick

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Diggin, u just get a new motor or were u just talkin about getting another?
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

That motor knew of his topics on SA and said screw him! Lol

broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill »

Sounds like a bad experience. Area 3 can be unforgiving especially at night if you are not that familiar with the area. Need to learn how to read the sloughs and heads along with the city lights but it is still easy to get turned around, lose the trail and get stuck in a head or burned out head. Glad to hear you made it out safe.

SWAMPCRACKER85
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SWAMPCRACKER85 »

Glad to hear everyone's ok
10'6x7 cut down Ricochet, 0-300 Clunkinental 68x34 Sensenich kevlar tip narrow

Dylan6959
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dylan6959 »

Do yall still need help? I live in sw ranches, only 25 min or so from the ramp. I have small sled but will be glad to come help out. Let me know asap 239-877-9869

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by DDSBC »

Just read this and glad everyone made it out ok and way to go everyone that pitched in to help out. With blown motor's, broken props and boats stuck in the trees I'm glad to hear that a sandwich and some water was all that was needed to get everyone back in shape after all that.
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

I also want to thank everyone who lent a hand. I couldn't have done it without each of you. I felt guilty not being there but all of us were beyond exhausted when fire rescue gave us a ride back. This is a special community that would rally the way they did today. I feel blessed. Special thanks to Jason. He came out at 3 AM to help when he could/should have been filling his gator tags and instead got drawn into one helluva mess. Big thanks also go out to Korey, Marshall, Marty and Brett. Once again, I thank all of you who sacrificed your Sunday to help me. It was exceedingly kind and I owe you.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

mfreem
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mfreem »

Found the boat area after about an hour after hitting the water, and after receiving the coordinates that were posted. Little late after BSO showed up. Im glad that resource was utilized, thats what they are there for. Thanks also to Jim Weber who took some of his personal time to help me look. On the bright side, looks like everybody made it out okay, and looks like I'll now have sandwiches and drinks for a week LOL Overall a successful day and had a good trip.

highlife57
Southern Airboat Member

Post by highlife57 »

Awsome Guys :thumbleft:

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Great to see that all turned out well and great job by all. :salute:
It's not much help at this point but I have frog legs that I will cook for you guys to get you a "JUMP" start on you're next adventure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

Please post pics and video, or links to such... it was a hell of a job, but a great show of character from the many involved. I for one did not get the opportunity to get a video of running that rank shi+, but several of the people there did. I have to say, of the 40 odd times I have pulled or pushed a boat in distress, this was the bitchenest of all .
The boats were heading out of the center point of this head and towards a slough, but still had over 100 yards of Myrtle between them and freedom. With some backbone, a chainsaw and a community sized effort it all went well and the removal of the boats from there wooded doom was a good day after all.
My interpretation of this situation was one of WTF ! upon arrival there were no signs of the. 2 boats, half of the rescue group couldn't even remember where the heck they just came from. When I finally got there after 3 pm. the crew was heading towards MM41 and I met tbe in fron of Smokes 2 story camp. Of the 7 boats I intercepted, none were clear on the location of the 2 boats buried in some random head. Well... we just took out from Smokes slough and made a B-line to the tower on the horizon. I made 9 overlapping left circles to get close to the front of Digginfools boat and lay down an exit trail. Luckly there was a chainsaw and some good pulling rope on hand. Bret took that nice boat of his up through the jungle too and found a hell of a stump just behind Jason's boat, so off in the shiz I go with my 18' DiamondBack to aid some more. Now we are behind Jason's boat and Bretts boat is facing the sky. 4 of us lift his rake and maneuver the boat towards an opening the size of a Fiat, Brett floored it and got out a dodge.

Next comes Jason's barge: soap on a rope.... nope! Just a lil Dawn with some booty shakin for her and let me tell ya, the buisness end of his barge is mean! Best damn blow job i had this year :toothy7:

Finally we decide as a storm is fast approaching and the sun is setting, it's now or never for Greg's lead sled !
With 9 guys some proper tools a boat with no prop and a blown motor is no problem. Just add the right amount of liquid courage, some rope, a tug barge from Mack's Fish Camp and a couple cheerleaders with some cameras.
With one mighty heave a d a tug she got the first and worst 100' then there was a myrtle the size of Texas, so ralley the troops agian to heave as I tug and voila. .. that slough never looked so good as it did just then gleaming in the last light of a long day. Everyone stopped just long enough to commemorate a job well done and then we took off for the soft glow of the eastern horizon.

As ferry tale endings go, this was a good one and probably more eventful than most movies, ever.
Last edited by OLD MAN JONES on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

Return to “Airboat Talk”