220 GPU with NGQ

Airboat propeller discussion.
RFK
Southern Airboat Member

220 GPU with NGQ

Post by RFK »

I'm in a dilemma about props, I have a 220 GPU stock for now and looking for low end push. I wondered if anybody knows if a 220 could push a NGQ 72 inch ? Or is that to much prop ? Thanks for suggestions.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: 220 GPU with NGQ

Post by fl cracker »

70" would be perfect for a 220. Jump on that 72" , it will work just fine also.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

Viking Life
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Viking Life »

RFK did you buy that NGQ 72" prop? I also run a 220 gpu. Looking into the NGQ as well but would like to see what other 220 gpu guys say.
14ft fberglass ultrlight with a 220 gpu with a whirlwind stump puller prop

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete »

my stock gpu has a whirlwind prop on it. not sure of the legnth or style, but it is a beast for what it is.

i wuld like to try a waterwalker signature series blade on it. but honestly i am getting by fine with what i have.

CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER »

I put a 3 blade h on my stock 220. It ran great pushed real good. I like the three blades the best. They are great top end and low end. I have a good friend the went from a three blade h to a three blade ngq and he said threre was a good difference in the props. I would put a three blade on it. I sent my blades back to get redone. I put a two blade q on it and could not wait to get my 3 blade back on it. The boat went from free with no hop to a bucking bronco. It porpised so bad at all rpms. I am buying a set of the ngq blades to replace the h blades.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

Ngh blades? 3 blade NGQ will be to much prop for a stock gpu
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

Rfk I have a set we can test before u buy. They are sweet props for sure. Make it a new boat
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER »

Ok I was thinking of the nth blades not the Ngq blades. I am going to replace my h blades with the ngh blades. I have a good friend the had the 3 blade h and put the ngh blade on it and loved the performance different in the blades. I had my 3 blade h on my stock 220 and loved it. I tried a couple different 2 blade and found that the 3 blade h was the best performance. I put a 2 blade q on my boat while my blades were getting refinished and couldn't wait to get my prop back on the boat.the three blade had way more push in my opinion. My boat went from running free and without any hop to bucking you out of the seat. The motor was dead level.so I knew that it wasn't because of the angle of the motor. As soon as I put the three blade back on it that it went back to running free without any porpoise.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

Return to “Prop Talk”