Mufflers on Orange lake.

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Mufflers on Orange lake.

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

This weekend another Air boater without mufflers. I do not want my air boating rights taken away cause someone does not want to wait until their boat is completely finished to run it on our lake. Open headers are not allowed on Orange lake. There is a small but VERY powerful crowd around Orange lake that will try to shut us down for good if we keep allowing people to run their boat without mufflers. :slap: there are several people watching to see if this individual comes back without mufflers. If you are this person do not bring your boat back until it is correct. It sucks that I had to post this but I have a lot in my boat and have been preparing to fight the curfew and it will be a complete waste if this is going on. Anyone on here including myself would help if needed to put a set on your boat if you do not know how so ask before ruining it for all of us.

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Mufflers on Orange lake.

Post by Shippee123 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:10 pm

:cheers: :thumbleft: well put!
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

Full Rut
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Full Rut » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 pm

One dumbass would screw it up for all of us, maybe he will show up saturday for the ride and we can educate him!
14ft DB 2ft Rake 3/4 Deck Alum. Riggn 502BB 2.37Rota Sens. Fat Daddy

loudmouse
Southern Airboat Member

Post by loudmouse » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 pm

I see boats all over with no mufflers.
15' Alumitech deckover LSX TT Oxbox 84" JX 4-blade
Gas required Water optional :dontknow:
Built and Tuned by Me
14'X8' JW, Chevrolet 122CID LNF Turbo Engine, Ox box, 80" NGR 3 blade

Life is short, eat your dessert first! :downtown:

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:44 pm

loudmouse wrote:I see boats all over with no mufflers.
This one only had open headers. We need to start telling people that we see have no mufflers to put it back on the trailer. :slap:

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Jeep, did you see the guy?

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:11 pm

clamped wrote:Jeep, did you see the guy?
Yes, Saturday and figured nothing of it cause they went out and right back in so I figured it was just a test drive but then my neighbor said he was out Sunday for a while. As long as he doesn't come back until he has mufflers I am fine but any more and I guess I will be the bad guy to tell them to leave. The problem is I am going to make a go at fighting this illegal curfew law and I dont need people causing crap to ruin a case.

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:31 pm

What makes the curfew illegal?

dudda bug
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dudda bug » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 pm

does this mean ya'll aren't running ac or race boats on orange lake any more

:scratch:

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:57 pm

dudda bug wrote:does this mean ya'll aren't running ac or race boats on orange lake any more

Ac motors are quieter then car engines. They passed a curfew few years back cause of noise so to not go any further we are trying to do whats right. This group has alot of power and money we do not want it to get worse while working on a solution.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:39 pm

dudda bug wrote:does this mean ya'll aren't running ac or race boats on orange lake any more

What does running ac have to do with not having mufflers? For anyone not running proper mufflers is simply a selfish act only causing harm to ALL of the airboat community themselves included. Exception to true race boats at the proper times.

chuckitt@earthlink.net
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by chuckitt@earthlink.net » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:16 am

What is wrong with making race boats have mufflers? We were forced to put mufflers on race go-karts in 1963 and we were across the road from the airport.
Thanks, Chuck

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 pm

chuckitt@earthlink.net wrote:What is wrong with making race boats have mufflers? We were forced to put mufflers on race go-karts in 1963 and we were across the road from the airport.
Thanks, Chuck
No we do not want to have any race boats have to have the same requirements as regular boats but yes again they can not go on regular lakes. The law states mufflers and a flag I am going to do everything I can to make sure people on our local lakes stick to it and in hope we can get rid of curfews that were never needed. I completely blame our selves for the curfew we all no better then to run anything that loud especially at night it only pisses the wrong crowd off that has no problem spending money to shut us down and we are to dam cheap to spend the money to fight it. :dontknow:

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Mufflers would definitely help but I don't think you are gonna be able to quiet an airboat down enough to make those people happy to lift the curfew, in fact you might push the wrong buttons and they might shut it down completely if they are as powerful as you described earlier

BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by BUSHHOG85 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
This one only had open headers. We need to start telling people that we see have no mufflers to put it back on the trailer. :slap:
That's exactly what you need to do is to tell them to load it back up! Then once you wake up from being knocked out call the sheriff or fwc and let them handle it like their paid to do :slap:
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:23 pm

BUSHHOG85 wrote:
jeepinocala1111 wrote:
That's exactly what you need to do is to tell them to load it back up! Then once you wake up from being knocked out call the sheriff or fwc and let them handle it like their paid to do :slap:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
just what I was thinking
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:38 pm

clamped wrote:Mufflers would definitely help but I don't think you are gonna be able to quiet an airboat down enough to make those people happy to lift the curfew, in fact you might push the wrong buttons and they might shut it down completely if they are as powerful as you described earlier
I think you hit the nail on the head there clamped. Stir up a hornet's nest and we may end up with something way worse than we already have had placed on us. The enviro's and anti's have major power in alachua county. Since the curfew was put in place there have been some complaints about boats still running at night but for the most part nothing more has been brought up about a more restrictive curfew or outright ban. As much as I'd love to see it gone, It seems like it'd be hard to get it reversed. I run Orange and Lochloosa a lot and purposely built my boat to be quiet because of these issues. Plus I can still sneak around at night in stealth mode and do some frogging without bothering anyone.
13x7 Hamant, Chevy LS2, 2.68 Rotator, 79" Whirlwind WT EX Triple blade.

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:46 pm

.....and no matter how quiet you make an airboat there will be those that will still think they're too loud and want curfews and bans. There's always gonna be the haters....it sucks.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

clamped wrote:Mufflers would definitely help but I don't think you are gonna be able to quiet an airboat down enough to make those people happy to lift the curfew, in fact you might push the wrong buttons and they might shut it down completely if they are as powerful as you described earlier
No I plan to fight it but I will be ready 100% for sure.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:34 pm

BUSHHOG85 wrote:
jeepinocala1111 wrote:
No worries I wont be a jerk about it and nobody's going to fight over it. Hey if we dont work on this then all of us better not be surprised when we are shut down for good.

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Jimmy M. wrote:.....and no matter how quiet you make an airboat there will be those that will still think they're too loud and want curfews and bans. There's always gonna be the haters....it sucks.
Curfews and bans are wrong and can be stopped but do not forget the noise db law is statewide and punishable in some very serious ways so stopping the curfews, bans, and discrimination will only fix it for us airboaters that respect others and keep them legal.

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by pontoon outlaw » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 pm

:stirpot: my Cad 507 is so quiet is sneaky quiet :lol: it scary because them kicker boats don't hear me coming and they just keep fishing then are very surprised when I come around the corner and from their reaction they never heard me coming : :slap:

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:11 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:
Jimmy M. wrote:.....and no matter how quiet you make an airboat there will be those that will still think they're too loud and want curfews and bans. There's always gonna be the haters....it sucks.
Curfews and bans are wrong and can be stopped but do not forget the noise db law is statewide and punishable in some very serious ways so stopping the curfews, bans, and discrimination will only fix it for us airboaters that respect others and keep them legal.
I agree 100% jeep. We all need to be aware of our sound signature and do what we can to minimize it for the future of airboating, especially on populated lake areas like we have here. A few bad apples that want to run around at WFO in people's back yards on the lake at 3 am can definitely ruin things for the rest of us (and basically have...that's why we have a curfew now). I think we all have a duty to run our boats in a respectful manner to insure our future but it's hard to get everyone on the same page it seems unfortunately.

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:15 pm

pontoon outlaw wrote::stirpot: my Cad 507 is so quiet is sneaky quiet :lol: it scary because them kicker boats don't hear me coming and they just keep fishing then are very surprised when I come around the corner and from their reaction they never heard me coming : :slap:
I've watched your videos and seen pics of your boat pontoon, that boat is a beast! Very impressive....and the fact it does it quietly....even more impressive! :cheers:

Return to “Airboat Talk”