DynaMarine

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Caddellwelding
Southern Airboat Member

DynaMarine

Post by Caddellwelding » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 pm

After watching a few Dyna Marine videos. I've realized that the boat I built from scratch ain't that cool! Those guys know how to build a slick boat!

Sent from Caddell Welding L.L.C

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: DynaMarine

Post by kwanjangnihm » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 am

Bro for your first build you did a solid job!! :thumbleft:

But I have to agree with you here:
Caddellwelding wrote:After watching a few Dyna Marine videos. I've realized that the boat I built from scratch ain't that cool!
:rebel:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 am

Anyone can buy a boat.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:14 am

Shot if you can build your own boat just find a boat that runs great and take some measurements from it and copy it. That's what a lot of people do.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

shep1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by shep1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 am

I'm new to this forum. That doesn't mean I'm new to airboats. Problem for me is there
hasn't been much space in my life to indulge my love for them. In 1968 at the age of 8, I stayed in trouble at school for drawing pictures in class. I lived on the Loxahatchee refuge. Dad was with the Department of the Interior.
I've been following your build and you did a fine job. Now take this for what it's worth, up until 2009, I was self employed most of my adult life. I owned a welding and fab business. If I had the resources, I would build my own little rig. Take into consideration that the big outfits (Dyna, Diamond Back, Panther Poorboys and on and on) have full blown shops.
Complete with all the latest and greatest equipment. Mandrel benders, CNN machines, brakes and equipment that
smaller builders don't have. You can be proud of rig. Especially considering that there is probably less than 10% of us on here that could take a stack of aluminum and a pile of parts and build an airboat. I don't personally know Chuck Rackley (?), but from what I've read on here, he is a giant in airboating. That's the spirit of people like you and any of the rest of us with the resources and opportunity to do what we love. Like the previous post, anybody can buy a one. I haven't had one for years now and I hope to build one one day. Enjoy your accomplishment.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Waterthunder wrote:Shot if you can build your own boat just find a boat that runs great and take some measurements from it and copy it. That's what a lot of people do.
There's alot of that these days.

Bdriller
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bdriller » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Tony480 wrote:
Waterthunder wrote:Shot if you can build your own boat just find a boat that runs great and take some measurements from it and copy it. That's what a lot of people do.
There's alot of that these days.
hey tony are you healing up from that spankin?

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Didn't see any spankings. I did see a hamant with a lot less HP running next to a DM tho.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 pm

How much hp is it less than the dm boat? That will tell us if it was a fair race, they looked pretty close

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 pm

It's that way in drag racing. Half the sportsman dragsters are all almost identical. Kurt Damron set the standard in that industry.
2016 14' X 8' Dyna Marine Revo powered by a TKE LS3 swinging a Sensenich 3 blade 81" R with a Ballistic 2.70 box. Fusion deck with 8.8 JL Audio speakers. Custom sea-dek on a Dakota trailer.

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lariat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:40 pm

shep1 wrote:I'm new to this forum. That doesn't mean I'm new to airboats. Problem for me is there
hasn't been much space in my life to indulge my love for them. In 1968 at the age of 8, I stayed in trouble at school for drawing pictures in class. I lived on the Loxahatchee refuge. Dad was with the Department of the Interior.
I've been following your build and you did a fine job. Now take this for what it's worth, up until 2009, I was self employed most of my adult life. I owned a welding and fab business. If I had the resources, I would build my own little rig. Take into consideration that the big outfits (Dyna, Diamond Back, Panther Poorboys and on and on) have full blown shops.
Complete with all the latest and greatest equipment. Mandrel benders, CNN machines, brakes and equipment that
smaller builders don't have. You can be proud of rig. Especially considering that there is probably less than 10% of us on here that could take a stack of aluminum and a pile of parts and build an airboat. I don't personally know Chuck Rackley (?), but from what I've read on here, he is a giant in airboating. That's the spirit of people like you and any of the rest of us with the resources and opportunity to do what we love. Like the previous post, anybody can buy a one. I haven't had one for years now and I hope to build one one day. Enjoy your accomplishment.
A very well written post! I also agree with you, but couldn't have found the words you did.

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Bdriller wrote: hey tony are you healing up from that spankin?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:55 pm

clamped wrote:How much hp is it less than the dm boat? That will tell us if it was a fair race, they looked pretty close
I'm sure someone will say there's a big difference but I'd be willing to bet there ain't that much. No one is ever honest about that stuff

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:17 pm

One motor is 418 inches with a factory truck block and heads the other is 502 with a aftermarket RHS block and aftermarket heads. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Its the same block we have been running in unlimited for several years now. I have been building both style motors for a long time. Its kinda like comparing the motor in your truck to a Cup motor. One has factory parts the other is 100% aftermarket!

321-508-5316

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 pm

SDeatherage wrote:
It's that way in drag racing. Half the sportsman dragsters are all almost identical. Kurt Damron set the standard in that industry.
Maybe if someone tried something of their own a little different they might come up with something faster!

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Well if there is a HUGE difference in power then hats off to whoever set that hull and riggin up absolutely perfect

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:31 pm

I made 580 horse on a real hot tune up...they made 720...no spanking here.

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Post by clamped » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 pm

That's damn good for being down a 140 horse, good running boat you have for sure

Caddellwelding
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Caddellwelding » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:17 pm

I love spankins....... Wait! Lol

Sent from Caddell Welding L.L.C

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:25 am

To me the best part of it was the hand shake at the end.That is the sign of a gentleman. Probably going over in his mind what can be changed to squeeze 2 more MPH out of it. It's not all HP.

flying fish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by flying fish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:48 am

Good job Tony.140 horse is HUGE

Heard your boat ran the most free of the (2) in the water by far. Heard this from a pretty reliable source. Some guy up in Kansas said you had a hell of a tune on that beast.
15' DB - 6.2 LSA - 4 blade 82" R - 2.52 CH-4

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SwampCritter84 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:50 am

Tony480 wrote:I made 580 horse on a real hot tune up...they made 720...no spanking here.
140 hp aint that big a deal, quit crying ya big sissy!!!! that'd be like when I'm done with mine when we race.................. except I'll be the one with 440 hp... :violent1: :violent1: if I'm lucky :dontknow:
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

Jimmy M.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jimmy M. » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 am

HAMMERHEAD wrote:
SDeatherage wrote:
Maybe if someone tried something of their own a little different they might come up with something faster!
There's the innovator's and the copy cats. Unfortunately, in the performance world, R and D work means Rob and Duplicate in a lot of instances.
13x7 Hamant, Chevy LS2, 2.68 Rotator, 79" Whirlwind WT EX Triple blade.

dodobird
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dodobird » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:03 am

SwampCritter84 wrote:
Tony480 wrote:I made 580 horse on a real hot tune up...they made 720...no spanking here.
140 hp aint that big a deal, quit crying ya big sissy!!!! that'd be like when I'm done with mine when we race.................. except I'll be the one with 440 hp... :violent1: :violent1: if I'm lucky :dontknow:
why don't u just build a 300hp motor then if 140hp is not much different :toothy7: :florida:
13' laser 360sbc oxdrive 2.68 .... 80" 3 blade whispertip ex :florida:

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Hammer head we but heads a lot. But I couldn't agree with you more on your statement. I will say we were one of the 1st to run a aluminum LS on a airboat the very first 4 RHS motors on airboats were ours. One of the earliest RHS blocks to be built was ours. (GOT A PROTO BEFORE THEY WENT INTO PRODUCTION) Now that everyone is running LS motors in airboats and RHS motors in raceboats. Were switching to a new motor and drive its one I have never seen on a airboat. Along with hammer heads statement we say

321-508-5316

Return to “Airboat Talk”