West Coast Fishing

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

West Coast Fishing

Post by barhopper » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:07 pm

Things are picking up on the west coast. Went today and did pretty good. Caught them every stop. Inside and out. Get your line changed and get out there.

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: West Coast Fishing

Post by GCRedfisher » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:57 pm

For Sure! Went last Sunday and Thursday and really caught a lot a upper slot and over slot Reds. Gotta love it. Found most of them on the young flood and just before high tide. I was fishing the Rock and grass just north of Ft.Myers and a wee bit south of Panama City. :D :thumbleft:
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:02 pm

I was in the same general area today

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm hoping it's a precursor to good winter up the creeks. To me, it wasn't near as good fall fishing last year. Gonna do a little boat work this week during the nip tides and get back after em next week.
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

Smuggler
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by Smuggler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:39 am

I agree.. Went out the other day and it was some of the best fishing I've experienced in a long time..

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Had another good day today, caught some real nice fish , 6 nice cooler slots plus a trout and then just fished a released, what fun it was! :fishing
Attachments
image.jpeg

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:42 am

Previous obligations kept me off the water this weekend otherwise I'd be there fishing right now. It's just after low tide in our area. I'm going Wednesday and have a tournament Saturday. I only have one question, Where the crap is the cooler weather?

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 am

It was for sure hot! With hardly any wind on Sat it made for an even hotter day! Hopefully we will get a little cooler weather SOON! I'm going after em again on Thursday myself and hope they're still biting as good. We only caught 3 under slots yesterday and no over slos, a really good day!

GMAC 76
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by GMAC 76 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm

WTF does any of this have to do with "AIRCRAFT POWER" AIRBOAT???

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 pm

I was riding in a aircraft powered boat when I caught mine. Sorry to offend you.

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm

I saw a couple of small airplanes overhead when I was fishing, and I was in an airboat! :dontknow:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 pm

This thread has nothing to do with aircraft Power, I'll move it to hunting and fishing for y'all. ;)
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

FLA BOY
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FLA BOY » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:35 am

Wow, that escalated quickly, LOL
GSO480/12' Hammant
GPU/12' Richochet

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 am

FLA BOY wrote:Wow, that escalated quickly, LOL

Silly, ain't it? It's an Airboat website and I was fishing out of one! Who gives a crap what "power" it had!

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 am

For the fellow who got his panties twisted up, my bad. I need to pay closer attention to which forum I'm on. Thanks for the move WB

GMAC 76
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by GMAC 76 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:11 am

barhopper wrote:I was riding in a aircraft powered boat when I caught mine. Sorry to offend you.
wasn't offended at all...just asked a simple question.....and I don't wear panties so there was no twist

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm

Looks like the Redfishing is done on the west coast, save your gas, go joy ride or take up bass fishing, it's no longer worth the effort to beat your boats around on rocks and oyster bars. :D

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Sounds like we had similar days. I went yesterday prepping for a tournament this weekend. Where do you fish out of?

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Cedar Key today, 1 of 8 boats, just out of #4 bridge! A lot more on the water. I've been mostly going out of Yankeetown, trying to learn that area. For the most part it's been a lot less crowded.

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 am

Been going out of yankeetown for 30 years. Usually go north but have a few spots around 40. Lots of area to fish there. Wacasassa is another option if you don't mind the run out the river. Lots of creek between there and cedar key.

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 am

We fish Wacassassa North to cedar key. Headed out today, hope to be fishing this evening and in the morning.

The was a lot of trailers at the public ramp last night.

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 am

I really like the area down there, good bait stores, good fishing, places to eat when I'm done fishing! Plus it's close to me, I'm in Morriston now. I havnt ventured south from Yankeetown yet, just North.
You must be in the fish club down there? I've seen it from a distance looks like a good little spot to gather.
Good luck on your Tournament this weekend, maybe see ya on the water one day!

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Yep. Probably going to be a zoo around there tomorrow but it beats working. Good luck to all. Have a safe day.
Hey Gator, can you get live bait in gulf hammock? Is the other ramp still a fishing club? I haven't been there since it went to a club.

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GCRedfisher » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:54 am

How'd the tournament go Barhopper? I didn't get on the water this weekend but it sure was windy at my house! Hope all who fished braved the wind and had a good day!

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:26 am

It was really good. I think every boat had their limit. 32 boats total. We didn't win but caught a lot of fish. Big surprise was one boat caught a 11.5lb snook over by the barge canal. It was windy! Lowes bay was pretty much dry at point in the day. If every day was like this one I would be a happy man.

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”