May 28th ride at Mack's fish camp

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Kpeterson
Southern Airboat Member

Re: May 28th ride at Mack's fish camp

Post by Kpeterson »

I am going to plan on coming, I'm not very familiar with the glades, I do most of my riding on peace river or lake Okeechobee. Planning on having 1 or 2 passengers, anyone taking donations toward the event? And i'm assuming I can look up the address to Camp Mack, never been. Also I will be coming from Fort Myers, where would be the best place for me to put in? Camp Mack itself or is there a second meeting location that would be closer to me that others will be traveling from? Sorry for the questions, I'm on the younger side of the airboat world at 27 and in the 6 years I've had my boat have only made it to the glades maybe 3 times.
TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy »

Please don't get Camp Mack and Macks Fish Camp confused, the are 2 totally separate places........you want to Google Macks Fish Camp!
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Kpeterson wrote:I am going to plan on coming, I'm not very familiar with the glades, I do most of my riding on peace river or lake Okeechobee. Planning on having 1 or 2 passengers, anyone taking donations toward the event? And i'm assuming I can look up the address to Camp Mack, never been. Also I will be coming from Fort Myers, where would be the best place for me to put in? Camp Mack itself or is there a second meeting location that would be closer to me that others will be traveling from? Sorry for the questions, I'm on the younger side of the airboat world at 27 and in the 6 years I've had my boat have only made it to the glades maybe 3 times.
There have been a few who have offered items for the cookout. I have all of the seafood I think we'll need. I was planning on picking up the corn, new potatoes, and sausage when we got there so it was fresh. Had an offer of corn and okra. If you'd like to bring some red potatoes or sausage, let me know what and how much and I'll adjust my plan. Mack's fish camp is about 45 min south of Camp Mack (which is on Lake Kissimmee). Not sure about your travel, but I'll be headed south from Ga, getting off on hwy 27. Some folks are heading over from another ramp on hwy 41. Not sure where that is. I'm including the link to the map for Mack's fish camp. Hope it works. If not, google it. Takes 2 seconds. lol Look forward to meeting you
Kpeterson
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Kpeterson »

I just got my wording wrong, I googled it shortly after my post, address comes up as palmetto Florida. Being Everglades I wouldn't assume I was driving north to Kissimmee. I'll let the weekend get a little closer before I tell you I am going to bring food. Just for the pure fact that plans change at times and I don't want to be the reason there is a shortage. I'm waiting for the ones I invited along to give me an answer. Thanks for the reply, really hoping to make it out.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

TheElevatorGuy wrote:Please don't get Camp Mack and Macks Fish Camp confused, the are 2 totally separate places........you want to Google Macks Fish Camp!
Well. Look at you, Mr. Helpful. Would you like a cookie now? How about some frog legs? 8)
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

radtech wrote: Mack's fish camp is about 45 min south of Camp Mack (which is on Lake Kissimmee).
Mack's Fish Camp is a whole lot further than 45 minutes from Camp Mack. Probably closer to 3 hours. Not sure if we'll be able to make the cookout. Working hard on the camp these days but, hey, sometimes you gotta take a break! I've yet to go down and visit with Marshall and his crew. Might just have to do that. Are you staying at Old Glory again this year or just down at Mack's?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lilly-Pad »

Looking forward to it gentlemen, I might be over to ride Friday as well. Digging come slide 3B all work and no play is no fun. :cheers: :proud:
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

digginfool wrote:
radtech wrote: Mack's fish camp is about 45 min south of Camp Mack (which is on Lake Kissimmee).
Mack's Fish Camp is a whole lot further than 45 minutes from Camp Mack. Probably closer to 3 hours. Not sure if we'll be able to make the cookout. Working hard on the camp these days but, hey, sometimes you gotta take a break! I've yet to go down and visit with Marshall and his crew. Might just have to do that. Are you staying at Old Glory again this year or just down at Mack's?
Thanks for the straiten-out, Diggin! Just going by my feeble memory of a year ago. Come on and ride with us, brother. Gotta get a break in now and then. Not sure about Old Glory. Haven't had a chance to talk with Gerald, but will certainly visit. Looking to ride as much area down there as possible.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

lilly-Pad wrote:Looking forward to it gentlemen, I might be over to ride Friday as well. Digging come slide 3B all work and no play is no fun. :cheers: :proud:
Let me know, buddy! I'm definitely gonna ride Friday one way or another
nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 »

Radtech you still going to try to get up to Kissimmee?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

nomad41 wrote:Radtech you still going to try to get up to Kissimmee?
Yeah, brother! Gonna be at Mack's for about 5days or so. When will you be available to meet up? Don't really have a definite plan on moving North
nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by nomad41 »

There are several of us riding sat. the 4th out of Camp Mack. You are welcome to join us. Will spend a day on the lake and in the marsh. You can call or tx me at 941-705-6344 or email me @ nomad_41@yahoo.com Yea tell Marshall and Nicole hi for me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Sounds good, brother! I'll see ya then. I'll give you a shout when we head that way
OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

Let me start by apologizing for not being more active on this thread.

We would really appreciate a head count for this weekend. There is enough food to feed a small army and so few responses, I am beginning to think it will go to waste.
3B is a unique area, similar to the area surrounding Bergerons, 9 1/2, Possum head and the surrounding marsh. We don't have but one camp on an island here, so that keeps most of the weekend riders in 3A. That said, what we do have is a wilder, more natural conservation area, with less hustle and bustle, more wildlife and Hommocks that are virgin. There is some killer good fishing in many places here and The Glory Hole is a must do for every airboater.
The Glory Hole is similar to the flowing area of the swimming hole at the microwave tower, but in the middle of the marsh and not in a canal.
From Mack's Fish Camp we can ride 15 miles South, 11 miles West and 20 miles back to the East along the North end of the area. Although this area is smaller than 3A, it is still a great area to explore for a day and see.
Check out "macksfishcamp" on Instagram or Mack's Fish Camp on Facebook to see some photos and videos.

God bless y'all :salute: :florida: :rebel: :old_glory:

P.S. 954-536-7400 if you have any questions directly
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Great to see you in this thread, brother! No need to feel bad. I assume from talking to folks, we'll have about 20 or more people if everyone shows. Bought about 5 lbs of sausage today, 22 fresh ears of corn, and about 10 lbs or more of Vidalia onions. It would certainly be good to have a definite head count, but if we have leftovers we wont have to cook for a couple days. lol Anyone who doesn't come will miss out on one hell of a time. See ya on Thursday, Marshall!!!
lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lilly-Pad »

I can't think of a better way to see 3B than with Marshall :cheers: , looking forward to seeing everyone again and burning some AV gas :salute: :old_glory: . Marshall is the Sunoco on 27 the closest AV gas?
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Just want to reiterate... we will be leaving Mack's for the ride at 10 am this Sat. Please let us know who will definitely be coming. There is the potential for nearly $1000 worth of food. If you'll be there, please post how many will be with you so we don't over or under cook. Thanks
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Almost ready to head south. Just gotta gas up and load the food in the morning. We'll stop somewhere tomorrow night and ride into Mack's Thursday afternoon. Can't wait to get there. Anyone want to take a little ride on Friday?
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

Still a little early for me to say but I may be in for Saturday. I tend to be spontaneous. That's what my last wife liked about me, when I want it, I want it now. :roll: Food of course, what were you thinking? :lol: :lol: :lol:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

LMAO! Sure hope to see you there, Gerald. Either way, I'll be coming to see you soon
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

p.s.- In Ocala now lookin at GTO Airboat ' s shop. Gonna rest a bit and drive into Mack's in the morning
Kpeterson
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Kpeterson »

Finally figured out it'll just be me and a friend who has never been to the glades. My offer still stands if I can pick up anything to contribute, grocery store wise anyway. And if anyone can confirm with me the only address I am able to find is Danell lane in Pembroke Pines.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

That's it. Don't know where you're coming from but if coming from hwy 27, turn on krome Ave and right there on your right. Big canoe with an arrow. Anyone who can't find it call me at 478-550-7042
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Finally almost that time. Gonna be a heck of a day. Looking forward to riding and meeting everyone that's coming. Leaving Mack's at 10 am. See ya there! .....or here, rather. Lol I got in yesterday
flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 »

Last minute decision, but looks like I'm heading there in the morning!
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

Return to “Airboat Talk”