Affliction Airboat Experience

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
RonE
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Affliction Airboat Experience

Post by RonE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:27 pm

12-12-2015.jpg
1-6-2016 4.jpg
[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]I ordered an Affliction Airboat and expected it to be built and delivered in time for the 2014 - 2015 duck season. My invoice date was 6/8 and revised 7/9/2014. My boat was delivered to my home on Oct 29, 2015, in time for the next duck season. During the 15 months it took to build the boat I thought I was going to pull my hair out, kill myself, go to Florida to kill Jeff or hire someone to do all of that.

Yes, I had problems and I made some changes between June and July but none after that. I put a little less than 25% down and paid another payment of around $8,000 after he said he had the hull. I made the final payment a couple of weeks before he delivered the boat to my home in Rockport, Texas. I paid $39,120 for the boat.

The boat is an 18' Alumitech hull with a 2' grass rake, two up and three down seating, OxBox 2.3 gear box and a three blade "R" series prop. 6" walk around boards, plywood floor with hydro turf, twin power poles and an aluminum tandem axel trailer. I am very happy with the boat the way it was delivered and the way it is now.

I was not happy with the time it took to get the boat, and not happy with the engine that came with the boat. I ordered a GM HO 454 but the boat came with a BluePrint 496. The BP 496 is a very powerful motor but it blew up twice, first time a lifter retainer let go and I had two push rods, two rocker arms and two lifters that I replaced with spares from friends and the BluePrint replacement parts arrived about a month later. Three or four months later a valve broke, rattled around in the #8 hole and screwed the engine up beyond my ability to fix it myself. I called JEGS and got a GM 454 HO (which I wanted in the first place) for $5,300 and I was back on the water in just under 2 weeks. It took BluePrint about 4 months to fix my motor under warranty but I finally have it back, it is for sale if you guys know anyone. They extended the warranty 120 days so I believe their hearts are in the right place.

Almost all of my friends run Panther Airboats and I consider myself a friend of Danny and the Panther crew but I could not afford a Panther airboat so I bought an Affliction. The Texas dealer for Panther looked at my boat and said that he couldn't see how anyone could build my boat for $40,000 and that I got a great deal. Well until I sell the BluePrint motor, I'm $45,000 in it now.

I believe that Jeff Love (Affliction Airboats) builds a great boat, that looks and handles great. I also realize that he is a one man shop and often says things to placate people once he has started a boat build and he promises boat builds that cannot happen within a agreed upon time frame.

This is my Affliction Airboat story and I'm sticking to it.
Attachments
A 2.jpg

robertb4wd
Southern Airboat Member

Post by robertb4wd » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:54 pm

I'm not affiliated nor do I know any of the people involved in this topic. I do have questions though. If you know the boat is essentially a Alumitech, why not just get it from Alumitech? I considered a Alumitech before I bought my Dragonfly. Also planned on buying the Alumitech complete "kit" when my DF is sold, but I found a smoking deal on a Air Ranger. I know some guys like to build or put together there own boats, but if you paying to have a turnkey boat why not just pay the original manufacturer? I know my quote from Alumitech was well under $60k for a complete boat with a ton of options. It was even under $40k... Guys, do some research and make phone calls before putting any money down on a boat.

robertb4wd
Southern Airboat Member

Post by robertb4wd » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:57 pm

I understand how a builder can get tied up, but waiting over a year is crazy. I've talked and dealt with a couple of builders/manufacturers in Florida. It is difficult being so far away, that's the #1 reason why I am going the route I'm going with the new boat and selling the other. It helps that American Airboats is local. Keep that in mind on your next purchase. There are builders in Texas and Louisiana that can help you. You don't have to go 12 hours to get a boat.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:05 am

let me get this straight, you guys are buying a alumitech airboat and waiting over a year for some dude to put it together?
I don't understand why you wouldn't just get a finished boat from alumiteck?

or just buy the kit from them and pay one of the guys at their shop to put it together on his own time.

sounds like somebody talked you into some bad decisions from the limited info on this thread.

I sincerely hope u get your boat asap and it's what u want!!!!!!

there's air-ranger, Marks's, Ronnie's, Pathmaker, Porier, Clifford Latiolais, and several others a lot closer to where u live. and it would never take a year to get you your boat.

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airtex » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Here is my first invoice to shows that my claim is true. i sent the final payment in august but have been having trouble receiving the final invoice from the Love's. Again, i keep getting the run around. I have bank records to prove all payments have been made, but this should be enough to passify the admins of the site.

Now, i know my situation is mine and my attornys problem but my main objective of these post are to for warn others from making a deal with a shady company as i did. Its obvious i am not alone.

i read some of the earlier post of Mrs. Love defending her husband and the fact that they are a small company. What this all boils down to is "DO WHAT YOU SAY YOUR GOING TO DO"
Attachments
invoice_1070_from_Affliction Airboats.pdf
(100.49 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm

posting photo of invoice - Airtex thanks for posting - as you stated just trying to get information out to potential buyers :thumbleft:

hope everything works out for you!!

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 pm

No record of a registered business "fictitious name" in state date base that search revealed.

sunbiz.com
search records
fictitious name

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Corporation was dissolved shortly after being created

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 pm

so what ur sayin is that this is just a 'false flag' thread? you know, like that school shooting up north and michelle Obama not being a man?

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:44 pm

In Florida to use a fictitious name it must be registered with the Department of State.

Even the guy with the lawn mower who calls himself LAWNBOY has to be registered

example:
http://dos.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.e ... 4000099931

Anyone who would like to dispute this please respond!
Last edited by SWAMPHUNTER45 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:46 pm

humm ... according to that affliction airboats was set up 7-8-2013 and dissolved about a month later on 8-13-2013 :roll: Now these guys that have invoices form affliction that are dated in 2016 and these invoices are not small amount of money for most people . I wounder if any these buyers have contacted Fl state attorneys office , FL department of consumer services for fraud or the IRS for tax fraud. Also the one guy mentioned his attorney having issues but if the Company was dissolved it doesn't offer the individual taking this money any legal protection , also My experiences with Fl banks and company check they require certain documents with bank accounts technical that could be another issue of fraud

To me some of the post in this thread are just attention seekers ya'll know who they are, and the rest are legitimate post with proof form buyers along with affliction airboats in adequate responses , I not say a company can't or doesn't get behind but the excuses give and the things customer are dealing with is way beyond reason .......... this type of Biz practices not only give fl company's a bad rep they also give airboating a bad name and we all know BAD REPUTATION is always the most heard thing

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Swamphunter, were you maybe trying to do this ?
http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Corpor ... 3000096213

Jopete - I don't think it makes it like that, given it was pretty real money involved, and so far the MSM is not actively promoting a false narrative.

It looks to me like a bad situation for everyone involved.
I hope for everyone's sake, y'all find a way to work it out.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dirtracer4 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 am

I was told my boat would be done by the 21st and I hope it is the truth this time.
SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:No record of a registered business "fictitious name" in state date base that search revealed.

sunbiz.com
search records
fictitious name
For whatever reason it was changed to "Jeff Love Affliction Airboats"
goldhunter_2 wrote:humm ... according to that affliction airboats was set up 7-8-2013 and dissolved about a month later on 8-13-2013 :roll: Now these guys that have invoices form affliction that are dated in 2016 and these invoices are not small amount of money for most people . I wounder if any these buyers have contacted Fl state attorneys office , FL department of consumer services for fraud or the IRS for tax fraud. Also the one guy mentioned his attorney having issues but if the Company was dissolved it doesn't offer the individual taking this money any legal protection , also My experiences with Fl banks and company check they require certain documents with bank accounts technical that could be another issue of fraud
I contacted the Florida attorney general back in July. They won't make anything happen any faster, but would be able to testify if needed.
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

Love
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Love » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:38 am

You guys are quick to jump to conclusions. We are registered with the State of Florida. .sunbiz.org. Jeff Loves Affliction Airboats. Feel free to look it up.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:51 am

So then change your invoices to read the proper business name or utilize a DBA (Doing Business As) provision.

That would be the proper way.

No conclusion to jump to it is improper in my understanding of the law.

Maybe someone can post the link because I am missing something in the search.... I don't find it ?

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:33 am

Love, just in case you are not already aware . . . it is currently inactive.

It appears (to this layman) as having been Administratively Dissolved on 09/23/2016 for
lack of them having received your Annual Report. :dontknow: Probably want to check into it.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Corpor ... pe=Initial

F.S. 605.0714 Administrative dissolution.—
(1) The department may dissolve a limited liability company administratively if the company does not:
...(a) Deliver its annual report to the department by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the third Friday in September of each year;
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dirtracer4 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:54 am

kwanjangnihm wrote:Airtex can you also post your invoice for verification? How long have you been waiting?
Here is mine

Attachments
IMG_6049.JPG
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

Bonefish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bonefish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Interesting that none of the invoices posted have any consideration or referance to FL state sales taxes? :dontknow:

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 pm

YEP

Thanks for the IT support Deano..... I'm just a dumb country boy but I ain't stupid neither !

ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by dirtracer4 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 am

dirtracer4 wrote:I have been told I will have my boat in 2-3 weeks. :bounce:
I have not received the pics or status updates I hoped for, but was told he's working on it and trying his best for next week. Almost 20 months without a boat, so I am looking forward to spending time with my sons doing some tournament fishing again. Can't wait to get this boat!

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:40 am

Bonefish wrote:Interesting that none of the invoices posted have any consideration or reference to FL state sales taxes? :dontknow:
I would think the new owner would pay state taxes (Texas, Louisiana, etc) upon registering the boat. Maybe that's why taxes are not listed on invoice.
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Waterbugger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waterbugger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:05 am

Wow four pages to learn that it does not pay to be cheap. The fellow who lost out on taking duck hunts for a whole season dang buddy that extra $15K would have been worth every penny to deal with a builder who would have had you your boat in time for season. Even if your an average duck guide you would have made the extra $15K plus you had the potential to loose a customer or two to another guide, let alone the potential for new customers that you lost entire season. That $15K don't sound so bad. If you have the cash to spend $40K, $60K then you have another $5k-$15K to do it right. What does it take to understand that if you go to waffle house for breakfast and get the $6.95 steak and eggs that steak is dairy hag not 100% USDA certified Grade A Angus Beef. Don't go to waffle house spend $6.95 then cry because it has some gristle and is a little chewy. Lesson to Learn Don't Be Cheap, you get what you pay for.

State Taxes: If the purchaser is in another State and the boat is delivered to that state or if the transaction takes place on line or through the mail Florida state sales tax is not required to be collected. If the boat is paid for here in the state of Florida and the transaction takes place within the state then the state sales tax applies. If you are not familiar with how sales tax works probably best not to comment on it. If you are in business and have that impression of how state sales taxes work you might want to read up or take a basic business class somewhere, or even re read the information that comes with your tax ID number.

JMO been seeing this thread for days and days hoping it would rest. I think most with 10% functioning brain cells got that the company has issues delivering boats on time and that some may be partially attributed to customer change orders; however there is some ownership to be taken bey the company as well. Buyer beware, don't be cheap!!!!!! If you are being cheap don't expect fist class treatment when your not paying first class rates. You can't get a room at the Four Seasons for $69.95 a night, and your not going to have your bed turned down for you, a therapeutic message and an ocean front room at the Days Inn beside the interstate.

Hope you end up with a good boat after all this time, but if you ever get another one, don't be cheap it costs more in the end.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 am

Very routine to not collect sales tax on an out of state sale.

On another note, if the builder does not have a HIN code and USCG standing they may just provide the buyer a packet with receipts and they will then title it as homemade and pay the sales tax at time of title processing.

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:51 am

Cheap huh? I might put mine up for sale for cheaper than cheap
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

Return to “Airboat Talk”