Affliction Airboat Experience

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
CHAKA
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Affliction Airboat Experience

Postby CHAKA » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 pm

This is not about sales tax.. It is about Site Morale and Airboats ! The old expression goes " The Beatings will continue until Moral Improves ! This will only be resolved by some type of punishment.. Flogging comes to mind.
Wounded Warrior Alumni Iraq War.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Great to know LadyB with the insurance issues that's a big selling feature!

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Update. I spoke with Jeff. He said he would return my money. I asked when and have gotten no response.

I've also been given a number for my trailer and have been paying insurance on it since May. I talked to trailer mfg and the trailer has yet to be built. Where did that money go?

Talked to the hull mfg. hull has been built but not paid for. Where did that money go?

word to the wise. "LOOK AROUND BEFORE BUYING AN AIRBOAT"

torque
Southern Airboat Member

Postby torque » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Can You Say House!!!!!!! :banghead: :dontknow:

Full Rut
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Full Rut » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:37 pm

POORBOYS AIRBOATS enough said!
Talk to William, he WILL take care of you!
14ft DB 2ft Rake 3/4 Deck Alum. Riggn 502BB 2.37Rota Sens. Fat Daddy

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:30 am

Well it's been 2 weeks since Jeff Love with Affliction airboats said he would return my money and I have yet to get an answer as to when. Again he is doing the no response method. Maybe he's out Christmas shopping with my money. Who knows.

Does anyone know of other airboat forums? I am making it my personal mission to warn people of my headaches until I get reembursment in full.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 am

Any news on DirtRacer4 did he get his boat as promised today is 3 weeks ?

In fairness to Affliction if showing progress while the delays are excessive it is a step in the right direction.

dirtracer4 wrote:I have been told I will have my boat in 2-3 weeks. :bounce:

dirtracer4
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby dirtracer4 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Any news on DirtRacer4 did he get his boat as promised today is 3 weeks ?

In fairness to Affliction if showing progress while the delays are excessive it is a step in the right direction.

dirtracer4 wrote:I have been told I will have my boat in 2-3 weeks. :bounce:

Although I was told 2-3 weeks on Nov. 28th, I still do not have a boat nor do I know the current state of the build.
My low post count only reflects the quality of this forum and the info it already contains.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:17 pm

:salute: adding a few google search keywords for future reference :salute:

Jeff Love
Affliction Airboats
BBB Better Business Bureau
Experience
Custom
Estimated
Time
Date
Invoice
Full Payment
Paid In Full
Florida
Louisiana
Texas
Airboaters
Money
Taxes
Lawyer
Attorney
Rip-off
Southern Airboat
DWYSYWD
Warranty
Delivery
Corporation Dissolved
Registered Business Fictitious Name
Administratively Dissolved

please add any I missed :thumbleft:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:26 pm

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Southern Landman
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Southern Landman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:12 pm

I posted this thread nearly a month ago but haven't been contacted by any one person from this company. It looks like several individuals are experiencing similar issues with Affliction Airboats. I handed it off to my lawyer and I'm waiting to hear back on a court date. 16 months since I ordered and 13 since it was paid in full. See you soon Jeff.

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 pm

I have stayed off this site until I got the OK to respond from my attorney. As far as it taking 14 months to build a boat it does not I have built 2 wind machines for the military, 1 22 passenger tour boat, 2 15 ft boats 1 14 ft boat 1 20 ft boat and 1 14 ft boat as well as some rigging and engine stands for local guys. That being said as far as my 3 customers on here Tim's boat is being worked on now and will be completed as soon as I can get it done. Texair ( Jeremy Busby )wants a refund that's between me and his bank who I have talked to and knew nothing about him wanting to cancel his build call Cindy at your bank Jeremy. As far as the Original poster that got all this started. You are not paid in full period you owe painter chick for the hydro turf you added you owe me for the pedestal seats and heated hand grips and the labor for installing all the parts you wanted added. You came into my shop spitting all over my floor spilling your beer and leaving the spilt beer and empty cans like you were raised in a barn and I dint say a word but getting on here and saying your getting screwed when you have the title to your boat and trailer is ridiculous. You gave me the measurements on the light enclosure in a text I still have and when it didn't look like you hoped it would you think I should shell out another 1300 to build another one. It's easy to get on here and type bad things about anyone in any business. I have read more than my share about every airboat builder out there. I get up every day and work till midnight sometimes trying to get caught up and put out a boat I am proud of it don't always go as planned but all I can do is work at it. So if you guys want to throw mud, throw it but make sure what you say is backed by facts
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:05 am

Airtex wrote:Well it's been 2 weeks since Jeff Love with Affliction airboats said he would return my money and I have yet to get an answer as to when. Again he is doing the no response method. Maybe he's out Christmas shopping with my money. Who knows.

Does anyone know of other airboat forums? I am making it my personal mission to warn people of my headaches until I get reembursment in full.

Did you call your bank? Were you refunded?

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:19 am

You know its sad that good people get taken advantage of by crooked airboat builders. It seems like either all builders are over priced, booked with work so they wont talk about custom builds, treat you like a ignoramus or they are crooked , take the money and dont produce.

I've had buddies buy all the parts and assemble airboats, you are still talking 35K in a good car motor boat.

I guess I'll keep riding my old beat up Air Ranger and patching it up.

Geeze.
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:24 pm

If they are offering a full refund then that's all anyone could ask at this stage of the game.
Very fair

emmitt Kelly
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby emmitt Kelly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Wow...I think it was easier to buy an airboat in 1999...

I have read so many crazy problems over the years on this site...I consider myself a very lucky person...I just wandered in...not knowing anything about airboats..I just wanted one....

Next thing I know..I am financed..insured...and hooked up.... heading north...the world appears to be getting more complicated...

We have a new president and a New year...something to look forward to....

My sympathies to all that do not deal with Diamondback...Have a happy new year...
1999 Diamondback 502 marine Power
Sensenich S 2.55 stinger
Covington, Ga.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Are there any updates on this thread? Has Affliction Airboats delivered what was promised?
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 am

checked with bank. No money yet.

Airtex
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Airtex » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:45 am

Checked with bank again. Still no money. This may be another case of "NOT DOING WHAT YOU SAY YOUR GOING TO DO".

But at least the military got what they wanted. Not sure if the Passenger boat is actually complete or still sitting in the shop. And i hope the 2 15 ft boats, and the 1 14 ft boat, and the 1 20 ft boat, and the "other" 1 14 ft boat didn't have to wait 14 months. But they may have had to wait. I don't know. As for the " Local Guys" getting their rigging well ummmmmm of course they did. They are local.

:Lots of people can say they will do. Few people can actually do. Small precent can actually follow through and finish.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Well the local guys know he just purchased a nice house on acreage. Wonder where he got the down payment?
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Unfortunately, Florida law, this guy could take every penny that's been paid to him for airboats and buy his house with other people's money and Escape with their money. You can sue him to the cows come home but you can't take his home away to satisfy the people that he's cheated. Florida has long been known as a debtors Haven. Scam artists and Crooks move here from all over the country to take advantage of Florida laws that protect them.

The value in this thread is to show people who want to purchase an airboat that they have to be very careful with whom they do business and to never let the air boat builder get ahead of them financially. In addition, I think that the moderators of this website should relax some of their ideas about exposing less than honest builders. That would be a great service to the Airboat community.

clamped
Southern Airboat Member

Postby clamped » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 pm

They appear to be pretty relaxed

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby bonecollector » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:10 pm

As usual JR (carmotorbarge) Has no idea what he is talking about I didn't buy my house yet we are renting it. Second Florida has really good laws for slander, Libel also. The fact is we are behind but not one of my customers has ever been ripped off ever. 99.9% of this thread is B.S. the OP still owes money and will not get his boat until it's paid for. I doubt any of you guys that are posting things about me would build anything for someone and let them have it owing money. As far as Airtex the guy writing all the post under that name according to my customer it's not him it's a buddy of his and I didn't get a reply from his bank until after noon today. 10,000 plus views of this thread and over 100 comments by people that have no idea what I do or who my customers actually are some guy makes up a user name and says some things and everyone assumes it's facts. You people are really unbelievable. I have hired a attorney and I will let him deal with all of this. Good night and have a happy and safe new year, Jeff
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:57 am

Well there you have it.

I'm gonna go ahead & lock this thread due to the possible lawsuit talk. I wish there could have been a more positive outcome for all parties involved.

SA has no position in this matter and I'm personally not familiar w/Affliction Airboats or the posters that claim they are getting screwed.

I would suggest that everyone involved print out a copy of this thread.

Thanks,
Rick

Return to “Airboat Talk”