Butch Harrison's Everglades

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Butch Harrison's Everglades

Post by cowboy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:42 pm

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Butch Harrison's Everglades

Post by pierson skunkape » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:32 am

Damn it man I'm feeling old I member watching that PM Magazine great video but more importantly the message let's dig up more of these

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by PM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 am

I grew up with Butch's son Mark. I got word about 3 or 4 weeks ago that Butch had passed away.
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Was friends with Mark when he was near Ocala, rode motorcycles together. Heard Mark also passed away last year. Would have loved to have met his dad, Butch.

My mom's madian name was Harrison, they were early settlers of Florida had property in Wacahoota before migrating so the Palmetto bradington area and east to the middle of the state. They were cattle rancher, dove cattle to market palmetto area up the west coast to wacahoota then to the market in Tallahassee.

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 am

One Eyed Gator wrote:Was friends with Mark when he was near Ocala, rode motorcycles together. Heard Mark also passed away last year. Would have loved to have met his dad, Butch.

My mom's madian name was Harrison, they were early settlers of Florida had property in Wacahoota before migrating so the Palmetto bradington area and east to the middle of the state. They were cattle rancher, dove cattle to market palmetto area up the west coast to wacahoota then to the market in Tallahassee.

Wow, Mark is/was a couple years younger than me! Like myself, they he grew up in Delray, Mark and I went to the same school, and hung out with the same group of guys. Butch was my 1st intraduction to airboatiing, Mark invited me to go out with himself and Butch back in the late 70's, when Butch ran tours off of Lox Rd. Mark and I didn't always see eye to eye, but we had many a beer together, sorry to hear of their passings!
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

Good clip, Cowboy. Old times remembered.
Just thinking...which can be fatal is left unchecked. It would be cool to rent a movie theater and gather up these old documentaries, shows, and programs that featured the Glades and Gladesman of years gone by and have a good time watching old footage. Maybe a place like Ron Bergeron's rodeo grounds and put up a couple of those big screens. I'm sure there are some awesome private collections and videos from some of the builders, such as the Kline, Stossel and other families. An educational and good-times event.
Again...just thinking. Keeping the culture and community together and focused in purpose and efforts.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm

man what a video, dude knew what's up.. high riding sled for sure hope Butch found a shady spot w the reporter
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

RazorsEdge
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by RazorsEdge » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Great Video, Thanks for sharing...

Return to “Airboat Talk”