3A closed again

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

3A closed again

Postby 460 FULLTRACK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Just to let everyone know, 3A is closed again due to high water. 2A is still open and the southeast section of 3A south, Holiday Park area, will stay open.

PJC
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 3A closed again

Postby PJC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Of course they’ll keep holiday park open with water in the parking lot, they don’t want the county to miss out on any tour boat money

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby lilly-Pad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

dam sparrow :oops: :angry5: :banghead: :violent1:
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Postby Scotty1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm

:rebel: WILL SOME ONE POST THE SITE FOR THIS BAD NEWS :rebel:

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:45 am

from my 3a cellular game cam yesterday - sorry Scotty :(

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 am

:rebel: Kwan that would almost be funny if the real situation wasn't so different, the fact that you can spend a week in the glades an not see one deer is pitiful. I know in the res, that they don't let us hunt in there very often so you would think that the game should be plentiful, but that is not the case. And as far as this closure crap 3A SOUTH SHOULD NOT BE CLOSED the water level over there was not high at all and it was dropping this is total BULL SH-T. FWC ONLY MONITORS THE NORTH SIDE LEVEE 5 where there may be some game, but the south side is a hole different situation. This crap of closing down the glades accept for areas that benefit the county is TOTAL HORSE SH-T I hope the res, don't follow but they always do we had this discussion at the Miccosukee meeting so we will see if they listen or not, I bet they did not :rebel: :slap: :slap: STILL WAITING ON THE BAD NEWS SITE INFO

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 am

:rebel: ACCORDING TO EDEN 14 GAUGE SITE IN 3A SOUTH THE WATER HAS NOT EVEN CAME UP A FOOT SINCE DRY TILL TODAY :dontknow: WTF IS UP :rebel: I see where they closed some of 2a but don't see nothing on 3a

rockyd
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby rockyd » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 am

Is all of 3A South still open?

460 FULLTRACK
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby 460 FULLTRACK » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 am

Here's the executive order
june closure.pdf
(504.19 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

:rebel: THEY SUCK THE NORTH SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SOUTH ONCE AGAIN HISTORY KEEPS REPEATING ITS SELF :rebel: :cheers: :stirpot:

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:56 am

I knew this was coming. I figured it wouldn't be until the end of the week but with all the rain we keep getting it came a little faster. Scotty they only keep area 2A south of the East/West trail and Holiday Park up to the Miami Canal open because there are no deer in those areas. There are more deer in Area 3A south than most people think. I said this is going to be another year like last year. The thing is as of right now it's worse than it was last year. It rained in Area 3A and 3B plus the western city ALL day yesterday. Today is supposed to be a repeat of that. Until we get rid of the Army Corps this will NEVER change. Most people want to blame WM but in fact it's mostly all Army Corps. We will have major Blue Green algae bloom and Red tide again this year because of them.
Greater love hath no man, than to lay his life down for a friend.

Bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!

I am that conservative republican your momma warned you about!

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:18 am

:rebel: ladyblackwater I hate to disagree with you but I do there are not that many deer on the south side and if you would check the water elevation over there you would see that it is no where near closing level. this is all on F.W.C. they just up and close areas that are not in any danger for what few deer there are and they just keep the areas open for the tour companys to run so the county and state can get paid. THE 3A SOUTH SIDE IS NOT TO HIGH PERIOD :rebel:

Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Andy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

I see your signature says you were in Naples for 48 years, So this is nothing new to you they dont want us out there in a Airboat or Buggy.. Sadly what we know as a way of life is slowly being taken away. I'm sure you can remember when you could run from 41 to the saltwater, or you could ride your Buggy on every prairie in Turner River.Slowly but surely they are stopping it.

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Scotty I will say I have to disagree with you. If you could run the area with the water up and it's closed you will see how many deer are actually there. The water is a lot higher than you might think. They know the water will be going up a foot or better in Area 3 by the end of the week. I can say I don't agree with FWC a lot but this isn't their fault. The blame needs to start being put where it should. Army Corps is our biggest problem here. We need to do what Mississippi did and tell them to get the hell out of our state and never look back. I'm a huge supporter of our Military but I'm not a fan of Army Corps at all.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

:rebel: Andy yes I was born in Naples and my son and daughter still do live there in late 2005 ,I decided their were way to many people living there and most did not speak English .So it was time for me to go plus that was when the real estate was on fire and yes I hunted Turner River , Deep lake on foot , Bear Island, stair steps, loop road cant rely say I miss it got more deer in my back yard then I will ever need. YES I would have to agree with you and ladyblackwater but I still say that the F.W.C. is the ones that close everything and base all there closures on 2 gauge readings on the north side and then they leave certain areas open for the airboat tours. which is BULLSH-T 3B AND PROBABLY THE AREA IN 2A THEY LEFT OPEN I GUARENTEE YOU IS DEEPER THEN 3A SOUTH AND THE RES,: :rebel: :slap: :violent1:

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Scotty I will tell you they leave NO areas open because of the Airboat tour company. If FWC could get rid of EVERY Airboat Tour company they would in a heartbeat. The Areas that they keep open are the areas that DON'T have Deer. The 2 areas they keep open is because they are to deep for Deer to live 99% of the time.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 am

:rebel: So you are trying to tell me that these two areas are not where the airboat tours usually run , like Holiday Park and I am not sure but believe that I have read that you run airboat tours your self I believe and if so these are not the area you run out of either. Sir i have never met you but I know for sure that tours run out of 2a and holiday park runs in both open areas so I would have to call foul or BULL SH-T on that's not the reason these areas are left open :rebel: :scratch: :thumbleft: Why else would they do it they sure don't care about the individual air boaters obviously and the north side readings should have nothing to do with the south side check those gauges to close that areas .I check the gauges yesterday and I was there a week ago for a week and the water was perfect and dropped 1 1/2 inches while I was there gauges were 1.10 and 1.43 above minimum ground level

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am

I have frogged many nights in 3A up in the cypress, The last two years I have not seen a single deer, both when water was high and when it is low.
I think we have some animal rights people in charge and they look for a reason to shut it down. They find deer on the levy at night and decide to shut down the glades. Personally I don't run my boat down the levy. The trees are so tall beside the levy on L 28 you can't see it most of the time. The few deer there are out there and the traffic they see is minimal.
The real problem we have is Everglades National park, They will not let water management release water because of the Cape Sable seaside sparrow, that is now nesting in a area that used to be flooded but is now dry. For years they were screaming to restore water flow and now that we can the Park won't allow the release of the water. So they are willing to drown all animals outside the park to accommodate the sea side sparrow.
Not to mention less people in the glade means less eyes to see a python that might be removed.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 am

:rebel: I am with you GARY we pay these peoples salary so they can keep us off of land that the state owns ,well as far as I am concerned the people are the state so how can they tell us that we cant go on land we bought. :rebel: :scratch: :banghead:

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:48 am

:rebel: Not to mention the Millions or Billions of dollars it has cost us to keep this crap from not happening ,the pump stations ,canals, bridges , spill ways,etc and it still does not work :rebel: :x :x

ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ladyblackwater » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am

Scotty yes I run tours and yes tours are run out of holiday park and 2a but that clearly isn't the reason they leave it open. There are tours run out of many areas and they still close those areas. There will now be many tour companies having to run out of 2a because they are closed down do to the closer. I didn't get how you think it's for the tour companies because we don't pay the state ANY money to run tours. Also the areas are not just open for tours, it's open for the anyone to use. People always like to complain but never want to get involved with clubs and meetings to make their voices heard and understand what is really going on. If people would get involved and go to meetings they would understand a LOT more. Unfortunately we live in a world where people want to bitch but don't want to do anything about it. Think about this, how do you think some of us knew about this so called rumor? It's called being involved. I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just giving you facts. Believe me I understand your anger because we all feel the same way. Again until we put the blame where it's really supposed to be we won't see any change. Most people probably don't know but with in the next few years the Everglades will be around 3' deep year around during the dry season. It won't take much rain for it to close once they do that. It's called Global warming LMFAO.

hdsadey
Southern Airboat Member

Postby hdsadey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 am

I think what Scotty is referring to has to do with Tourism dollars! I'm sure whoever makes the decision to close certain areas has a higher up they have to check with and answer to. Close down the tour boats and tourists no longer come and spend money! One thing affects another. The local government probably screams at the state level behind closed doors when their income stream dries up. Easiest way for the majority to swallow government reg is for a noble cause i.e. wildlife conservation! Airboats do a lot less harm then all these high rises and planned communities overtaking Florida. We on the west coast are experiencing a boom that is displacing wildlife on epic proportions. They are forcing the animals out and into one place. If you look at old maps from the 40s the Everglades extended as far up the west coast to Charlotte Harbor and east to Jupiter. Now it's east of Naples and west of Miami. Those animals don't know any better. We have scrub jays here and designated scrub jay lots that are demned unbuildable but the surrounding lots have houses on them. Not sure the scrub jays understand their boundaries. THE PROBLEM IS IMHO IS THERE ARE TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE MOVING TO FLORIDA AND OUR WAY OF LIFE WILL CONTINUE TO SUFFER DUE TO THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!
02 Predator 12' 0320 Lycoming
92 Big O 12' 302 Ford DD
99 Donzi 16 Classic 350 Vortec

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

:rebel: lady Blackwater you pay taxes so they are making money,as far as arguing I am not arguing just disagreeing with you.To tell the truth I'm not even agry I have come to expect this.I am just saying it is totally Bull sh t ,we will just have to go to Kissimmee I have access to a camp there also , But it is wrong :rebel:

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

Scotty1 wrote::rebel: lady Blackwater you pay taxes so they are making money,as far as arguing I am not arguing just disagreeing with you.To tell the truth I'm not even agry I have come to expect this.I am just saying it is totally Bull sh t ,we will just have to go to Kissimmee I have access to a camp there also , But it is wrong :rebel:

And as far as it being 3 feet deep well then they will have no excuse to close it

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Duece » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 am

I posted gauge data from down near the dogleg in the Microwave Tower canal in the gallery, but everytime I click on it it asks me if I want to delete it. Anyhow, the water in that part of the glades is only 1.2' above natural ground. I'd say that's probably about normal to slightly below normal.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x7'6" Diamondback ZZ4 350/355hp 2.37:1 Stinger gearbox 80" 3 blade NGR series

Return to “Airboat Talk”