LS fuel injection, Fitech Ultimate LS system

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

LS fuel injection, Fitech Ultimate LS system

Postby jonfla2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 pm

LS fuel injection $1500 alternative setup!!

I’ve been searching for a way around the required need for someone to tune my LS engine after i built it and I believe I may have found the answer!!!

Check out the link below for the details..

https://youtu.be/kk3TorvFV1s

I am the kind of person that needs to be able to complete a project WITHOUT needing someone to relay on to help me finish it and tune my engine .
HEAR IT COMES ...Then when you have a problem the ONLY place that can fix it is manufacturer of it because they have your tune LOCKED and there the only ones that can read your shit !!!! If that’s not just like someone holding you by the balls wherever you go..

Some of you know exactly what I’m talking about there’s only a few standalone LS fuel injection systems out there for Airboat’s and yes if you own one your balls are locked .....lol sorry guys but it’s true !!

I’ve purchased the Fitech Ultimate LS self learning system I’ll be update the YouTube page as the installation moves forward so subscribe if your interested!!

Thanks ,
Jon
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: LS fuel injection, Fitech Ultimate LS system

Postby CarMotorBarge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am

You can also install and tune the Holley and FAST EFI systems yourself on an LS. FiTech isn't the only option.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.88 Ox Box swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:08 am

It looks like a very nice system. From what I could see it offers everything to do the installation except the fuel pump and associated parts.

Nice to see these systems being offered as a complete application specific kit.

jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jonfla2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 am

Ok I’ll rephrase a little , A affordable fuel injection option with individual port tuning . There are no system out there under $2000 like this I would have bought them . Holley systems will break the bank $3600 and there reviews aren’t the greatest.

Look up the Fitech Ultimate LS system educate your self on it a little then try to find a comparable system anywhere close to the price of this one .
Last edited by jonfla2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jonfla2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 am

Fuel pump and regulator will get the system up and running , I’ll be updating my YouTube page with the install as things move forward.
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

I definitely like the price. Can you use a laptop to program the ECM or do you have to use the hand held display? Also how much flexibility do you have tuning the AFR and timing? Can you set the AFR and timing based on engine load and engine RPM?

jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jonfla2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

Honestly I haven’t gotten that far with it yet but some of the other videos that I’ve watched you can change the timing on it, everything is adjusted through the digital display you change all the tuning in the display once you get it where it runs good you just run the boat however you want to run it and it self tunes from that point for the best economy and Power. I just bought my system and I’m working on finding time to install it on my engine, as things move forward I will be adding videos about all of those things.
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:11 am

Looking forward to seeing the videos. 8)

jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jonfla2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am

So am I buddy , Florida diesel marine industry’s killing me right now can’t catch a break!! :dontknow:
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Postby One Eyed Gator » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Well a guy that doesn't spend much time on here (2wheeler) bought that system for an 09 6.0. Install it and it ran but not the best (he was one of there many test subjects) It took them 6 month to work out the issues. He finally got it running they way he wanted.

They offer that system with a short runner intake and injectors for 1495.00 and with-out the intake and injectors for 795.00.

He kept the better truck style intake and stock injectors and throttle body. The longer runners help with low and mid-range torque.

Holley system is 1795.00.

Both system can learn as they run but still require fine tune to dial in the motor.

If you stayed stock system and use HP tuners you get basic tuning to get it running then fine tune it.

Like to hear your thoughts after you get it running

Heavy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Heavy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Let me say i have been reading this web site for some time and getting idea's for my first airboat. This topic compelled me to register and send back a reply as i am currently waiting on another warranty slip from Fitech. I do not know if the 800hp system i bought works or not due to the fact the cables used to connect the handheld programmer to the throttle body has failed again. My first attempt to use it right out of the box was a bust since I was shipped a bad handheld. Fitech did send me another and it worked for about 20 minutes.
I am currently waiting on a reply with another warranty slip and they are suggesting i send the entire unit back for trouble shooting. On other forms i have read they are going to build a handheld with a more robust connection. I would not consider a fitech until they improve on there handheld connection.

I seen someone asked " Can you use a laptop to program the ECM or do you have to use the hand held display?"

FYI unless they have changed you can not program the throttle body from a laptop. You can program the handheld from a lap top and save the program and then push it to the throttle body through the handheld.

jonfla2
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jonfla2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Perfect !! This is exactly what I’ve been trying to stir up with this system, it’s good to hear pros and cons about it. Regardless of my success with the installation or any disasters I will be recording and posting everything good or bad so that we can all find out if this is going to be a good system for the Airboat industry or not. I am crossing my fingers it works out for me if not I can put to rest my learning experience and go with a system that I know works much better.

Thank you for your post.
SLIDIN DIRTY!!

Return to “Automotive Power Only”