Video request

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Anyone have videos of their boats running some impressive ground? I’m not looking for the little videos like I’ve posted, but want some truly rough running sh!t. Also include the details such as hull, engine, mods or not and what was in the boat at the time
:old_glory:

User avatar
Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Texas prolly on the Brazos river.

Re: Video request

Postby Brotherbob » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 pm

BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Good lord I never thought that was an option lol.


I’m waiting to see some rigs running some
Bad local stuff. The stuff that other boats will turn away from. I want to see what these 540’s can do in particular
:old_glory:

User avatar
White Hawk
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 am

Re: Video request

Postby White Hawk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 am

Brother Bob your video is nothing but pure untouched flowing power.....
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." :florida:

Mossy Cypress
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 am

Re: Video request

Postby Mossy Cypress » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am

Holy smokes! I would say that is pretty damn extreme. Experienced operator with very capable machine. Bad a$$... Pucker x10, that river looks like it would eat up a lesser boat for breakfast.

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 6750
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Re: Video request

Postby Rich Andrews » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Great example of when in doubt power out.. I remember that vid, good job of not dipping the corner and sinking it. But I bet that bottom looked pretty rank after that event
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

dave1971
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Video request

Postby dave1971 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 am


Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 am

That’s a heck of a haul to the stand. What’s the boat
Details?
Nice video
Last edited by Keeth1123 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:old_glory:

User avatar
OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Video request

Postby OneBFC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 pm

I have quite a few videos on my YouTube channel. But, this one is latest example. While nothing compared to the pucker factor that fast moving river and rocks one above, it is local to FL. I never have a camera mounted it seems when we get into the real bad stuff.

Channel link: https://youtube.com/user/1bfc

-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,85+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:55 pm

OneBFC wrote:I have quite a few videos on my YouTube channel. But, this one is latest example. While nothing compared to the pucker factor that fast moving river and rocks one above, it is local to FL. I never have a camera mounted it seems when we get into the real bad stuff.

Channel link: https://youtube.com/user/1bfc



I have seen this video before and it is impressive. How long does polly last like this?
:old_glory:

Mossy Cypress
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 am

Re: Video request

Postby Mossy Cypress » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

OneBFC, your videos are the best I have ever seen, pounding the ground for sure. I know others run some crazy stuff too and just dont video it but thanks for posting those videos. Bad a$$ ecotec setup for sure!

User avatar
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Jupiter Farms, Florida

Re: Video request

Postby Slidin Gator » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm

The OP did ask for 540 videos and that damn high pitched whine is like nails on a chalk board to me.

Turn up full Bass on the Bose, this is what Airboats are supposed to sound like :stirpot:

Last edited by Slidin Gator on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

Msa4x4
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: Video request

Postby Msa4x4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm






Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Man these are all some good videos. These boats look like they have wheels on the bottom.

You fellas putting new slick bottom on every weekend or what lol.
:old_glory:

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Slidin Gator wrote:The OP did ask for 540 videos and that damn high pitched whine is like nails on a chalk board to me.

Turn up full Bass on the Bose, this is what Airboats are supposed to sound like :stirpot:




I cranked it up but this link isn’t working for me
:old_glory:

User avatar
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Jupiter Farms, Florida

Re: Video request

Postby Slidin Gator » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Keeth1123 wrote:I cranked it up but this link isn’t working for me


Duhh, public vs. private on the upload settings. Try it again.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

Msa4x4
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: Video request

Postby Msa4x4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Keeth1123 wrote:Man these are all some good videos. These boats look like they have wheels on the bottom.

You fellas putting new slick bottom on every weekend or what lol.


Naw man that shits too heavy. Just run straight fiber :lol:

User avatar
OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Video request

Postby OneBFC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Keeth1123 wrote:I have seen this video before and it is impressive. How long does polly last like this?


The poly on my boat is the same that I installed when we built it in 2012. Still looks great today. It's Yellow Quartz from Horn plastics. Min thickness they sell is 0.375 and when we measured mine before installing it measured out at 0.412 to 0.44.

It's a robust and durable bottom material to say the least.

Not sure what gator meant about "high pitched whine?" Prop speed is pretty low on mine since in that video the engine is only turning between 3500 and 3800 90% of the time. Puts the prop speed between 1400 and 1600.

Oh...perhaps he means the Turbo... Well, yep....no escaping that sweet music maker :toothy7: :thumbleft: :usa:
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,85+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

User avatar
Prototype
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Video request

Postby Prototype » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 pm

OneBFC wrote:
Keeth1123 wrote:I have seen this video before and it is impressive. How long does polly last like this?


The poly on my boat is the same that I installed when we built it in 2012. Still looks great today. It's Yellow Quartz from Horn plastics. Min thickness they sell is 0.375 and when we measured mine before installing it measured out at 0.412 to 0.44.

It's a robust and durable bottom material to say the least.

Not sure what gator meant about "high pitched whine?" Prop speed is pretty low on mine since in that video the engine is only turning between 3500 and 3800 90% of the time. Puts the prop speed between 1400 and 1600.

Oh...perhaps he means the Turbo... Well, yep....no escaping that sweet music maker :toothy7: :thumbleft: :usa:


I can vouch for quartz if it means anything! The supply line is closed other than piecing 4x8 sheets, Which I almost think the op is looking for but hasn't defined 0540 or 540 bbc?
I really can't see a 0540 needing quartz but who knows? That rock post was about useless when the op had smooth shorelines to run. Fast moving flat water with rocks to test is what? I don't get the point of the video? A mini rotax could do that!

User avatar
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 pm
Location: Jupiter Farms, Florida

Re: Video request

Postby Slidin Gator » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 pm

OneBFC wrote:Not sure what gator meant about "high pitched whine?"
Oh...perhaps he means the Turbo... Well, yep....no escaping that sweet music maker:

So you hear it too? You should fix that.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Slidin Gator wrote:
Keeth1123 wrote:I cranked it up but this link isn’t working for me


Duhh, public vs. private on the upload settings. Try it again.


Even though I have a car motor, I must say I love the sound and smell of an a/c motor. In this video, what throttle were you running? Half?
:old_glory:

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Msa4x4 wrote:






Nice
Videos what
V8 are you running and gearbox?

Where exactly is polluted waters? Down from Miles Point right?

I like seeing these videos. It’s always crazy to see what all
An airboat can do
:old_glory:

SeatCover
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

Re: Video request

Postby SeatCover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:44 am

12' Cut Gilleo, Angle Valve 0-320, 72" Whisper Tip. Goes wherever I point it. :florida:

unforgiven11B
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

Re: Video request

Postby unforgiven11B » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 am

Keeth- polluted waters is between miles point and brahma island on lake Kissimmee. If you are out Saturday I’m sure there is going to be races.

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Polk County
Contact:

Re: Video request

Postby Keeth1123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 am

unforgiven11B wrote:Keeth- polluted waters is between miles point and brahma island on lake Kissimmee. If you are out Saturday I’m sure there is going to be races.



I was going to go before I realized it was the ride weekend. I’ll probably ride another lake instead. Too much traffic for my liking.
:old_glory:


Return to “Airboat Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests