Seat setup

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
kharder91
Southern Airboat Member

Seat setup

Post by kharder91 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm

gonna be building a boat with 383 trying think of best seat setup for five seats going on a alumitech 14x8 thinking either 2 single rear with left side driver and triple front or triple rear single middle driver and single front or double triple setup pros and con of each :old_glory:

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Seat setup

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:11 am

If your going to ride alone often then the front seat steer puts weight forward to make for a better balance point.

As you decide your choice if your going to ride kids and drunks then I STRONGLY suggest a triple seat or double with a low jump set forward with rear steer so you can watch your guests.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Here's my setup. Triple in the back, side by side driver, double jump in front. I never had to worry about small kids so the rear driver didn't matter to me but I understand the concerns of people that advocate that. The boat is a Diamondback, titled as being 15 feet but the only way you get 15 out of it is total overall length. Hull, from transom to nose cap, is a little over 14' 6". This has served me well as I can put 7 on the boat when I need to, runs fine when it's just the wife and me.
Attachments
2014-03-28 19.09.32.jpg
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by pierson skunkape » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:16 pm

I've got a 15 by 8 Hammett 383 221 belt drive I'm 250 lb so both top rear seats are fat man seats rear steer triple seat up front... it's a very comfortable set up the bottom of the seats in front of the triple are on the platform that my feet are on and the people that ride up front put their feet directly on the front deck.. just my two cents and if you have some smaller people you can actually get for in those seats kids mostly

Return to “Airboat Talk”