Belt drive replacement belt

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
newairboater
Southern Airboat Member

Belt drive replacement belt

Post by newairboater »

Does anyone know a good replacement belt. Besides the one at century. Not really liking the 400.00 sticker. Its a CH3 2-1. Thanks!

unforgiven11B
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Belt drive replacement belt

Post by unforgiven11B »

Diamondback and Gto I know for sure stock the regular belts and also carry the heavy duty Blackhawk belts which are the $400 ones

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by crazycoonass »

Call the belt store in Lafayette, La. (337-235-9736) I think it's a 1280-80-127. I live near Lafayette and picked mine up but I'm sure they would ship you one. Was less than $150 if I remember.

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by pierson skunkape »

I'm running the exact same belt the exact same ratio and I just put a new Blackhawk on the only one I would put on there but the dude in Louisiana for a hundred fifty bucks if it is the right or I should say correct help 150 bucks again I call b******* but if I'm wrong somebody correct me I'm not calling the people

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by crazycoonass »

First off I never said it was a blackhawk belt. And I did pay slightly more than the $150 that I said it cost. I couldn’t remember the exact cost. And it was four years ago so I’m sure it is more now. But my point was it was by far the best price I could find on a belt. I was just trying to help a fellow airboater out. So next time you call b/s on somebody do a little fact checking. Jackass
Attachments
B6268D60-18A8-4BE4-80CC-3C59A80209E0.jpeg
B6268D60-18A8-4BE4-80CC-3C59A80209E0.jpeg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 1173 times

Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Andy »

Haha. I love when someone will run their mouth then get their azz busted,,,

Gladesman06
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gladesman06 »

I can tell you from changing many belts and working on boats with century belt drives that the Blackhawk belts are not smart to use. The Blackhawk belts are to hard for the metal they use for their gears and the belt premature wears the teeth on the low gear. In my opinion it is cheaper to buy the regular belt that will usually last you about 4-5 years then to buy the Blackhawk that will last usually about 6-7 years but then 8 out of 10 times you have to replace the lower gear. I know some people will disagree with me but this is my experience from messing with them for many years.

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by crazycoonass »

I agree with you 100%. Blackhawks are probably the best belt made but they are tough on century drive gears. I didn’t mention that because I didn’t want to start a big argument about which belt is better. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. And this is just mine.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

The BlackHawks were originally designed for high horsepower application where the standard materials would fail. If you don't have a high power engine say 500hp plus or use nitrous the standard belt should work just fine.

Sweet price on your find Coon very fair

dave1971
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dave1971 »

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crazycoonass wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 pm
First off I never said it was a blackhawk belt. And I did pay slightly more than the $150 that I said it cost. I couldn’t remember the exact cost. And it was four years ago so I’m sure it is more now. But my point was it was by far the best price I could find on a belt. I was just trying to help a fellow airboater out. So next time you call b/s on somebody do a little fact checking. Jackass

Return to “Airboat Talk”