350 DD boat

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Barefootduck
Southern Airboat Member

Re: 350 DD boat

Post by Barefootduck » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:14 pm

This was both days the clips of it in the yard was the first time driving it and then I took it to the water and that’s when the coil wire broke. And the clips of it on the water was the next day after I switched out the coils. I have about 3 hours run time on it now
Central Florida,
St Johns area

hill
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by hill » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:18 pm

👍👍👍
If a bullfrog had a hip pocket he,d carry a pistol to shoot black snakes.

Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Nice to see her running, nice job :cheers:

Watching the video I kept thinking you gotta get your buddies to move them damn kicker boats out of the way, but then I remembered you needed one to tow you back. :banghead:

Carry a spare distributor, cap and coil assembly with yah. Those HEI modules will go out on yah, not to mention the coil, usually on restart. Half the time the module will work again after you give em a 3 beverage cool down, other times they never work again. Either way it’s quicker to throw a whole (good) distributor in vs. troubleshooting or waiting.

Finally, don’t back your truck into that water like I see at the end of the video. There’s a place called Salt Lake not too far upstream. If the boat won’t drive on, winch it. That water will rot your truck and trailer, not to mention being hard on the boat.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm

Looks and sounds good

Barefootduck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Barefootduck » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:51 am

Slidin Gator wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 pm
Nice to see her running, nice job :cheers:

Watching the video I kept thinking you gotta get your buddies to move them damn kicker boats out of the way, but then I remembered you needed one to tow you back. :banghead:

Carry a spare distributor, cap and coil assembly with yah. Those HEI modules will go out on yah, not to mention the coil, usually on restart. Half the time the module will work again after you give em a 3 beverage cool down, other times they never work again. Either way it’s quicker to throw a whole (good) distributor in vs. troubleshooting or waiting.

Finally, don’t back your truck into that water like I see at the end of the video. There’s a place called Salt Lake not too far upstream. If the boat won’t drive on, winch it. That water will rot your truck and trailer, not to mention being hard on the boat.
Thanks and yea I need to fix up the trailer. It has no ramp and sits way to high.
Central Florida,
St Johns area

Barefootduck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Barefootduck » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Looks and sounds good
Thanks I think it’s running pretty good
Central Florida,
St Johns area

Barefootduck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Barefootduck » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Looks and sounds good
It feels like if I floor it the nose tilts down a little and has some drag. Would the stringer jacks help with that or will the engine need to be tilted. I’m hoping to get the stringer jacks installed before my next ride and bring a wrench I can adjust them out on the water
Central Florida,
St Johns area

Barefootduck
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Barefootduck » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 am

Nevermind swamp I read what you said in the older post I will try em and see what I can get
Central Florida,
St Johns area

Return to “Airboat Talk”