Talk about a cruel hoax ...

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
rsobczak
Southern Airboat Member

Talk about a cruel hoax ...

Post by rsobczak »

Woke up to the sound of rain ...
And then I remembered what day it was:

Talk about a cruel April Fool's Day joke ...

https://gohydrology.org/cycle/ :roll: :alien: :salute:
glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Talk about a cruel hoax ...

Post by glades cat »

Hey Robert. Miss your Go Hydrology reports. Been getting daily EDEN water level reports for a while. The name of the game is High Water everywhere, but rain is always welcome.
How does all of the water retention we are experiencing factor in to your reports and personal opinion? The ENP, and now, the East Everglades, South Biscayne Bay and Florida Bay are all screaming for water, and the only way to supply mean flows is to store it. The ongoing Restoration Plans show Big Cypress as a retention area.
Where are we headed hydrologically?
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009
rsobczak
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rsobczak »

After a very wet few months, the swamp is nosediving into drought. Mid March we had a wildfire in the Turner River area where the marl was still moist. Two weeks later the water level at that same spot has dropped a foot. It seems no matter how much rain we get in the summer (or even November) no rain in February and March sets the stage for a deep spring dry down. Here's a graph that summarizes the Big Cypress ...

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat »

Yea. The Restoration Plan shows 3 structures to be built on the L28 levee to allow passage from WMA 3A west, to Big Cypress.
Good to see your reports again.
Be well.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009
White Hawk
Southern Airboat Member

Post by White Hawk »

Last I heard is they were going to fill in the canal all together.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." :florida:
rsobczak
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rsobczak »

Here's an overview graph for the S-190 (L-28 Interceptor)
rsobczak
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rsobczak »

Currently a 4-ft difference between the upstream and downstream side of the structure.
Scotty1
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

Post by Scotty1 »

:rebel: The reason 3a south is dry is because they are pumping it dry letting it flow south of 41. they hold it up until it floods and cause closures because of the high water and then they keep pumping till its dry. My personel opion is which i know we all have one is . They dont know what the hell they are doing. but thats just my personal opion.
lycomingkid
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lycomingkid »

Scotty I agree they don’t have a clue on how to manage only how destroy something and create ways on how to keep us out
1989 Airboat Engineering Stossel runnin a 170av with a possibility of a 200av or a sv540 🤔🤔in the future :old_glory: :rebel: :florida:
Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

I know 3 out of 4 pumps have been pumping water on 41 for months 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But they won't let it go into 3A or B All going south under their bridges.
JLP3314
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLP3314 »

I grew up in the Everglades, (Collier county where my Son Zach still lives) and truly miss it.
Had friends who owned property right on Turner River Road and Bear Island was my back yard.

I still wonder when "enough is enough" when it comes to water mis-management there.
But it is a sigh of relief to know folks like ya'll still care enough to stop them. :notworthy:
Don't waste your time-its the only thing you can't get back, (Cntry141IQ/John had another thousand of these before he went sliding into the sky). :-(
Scotty1
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Scotty1 »

:rebel: JLP3314 Thats interesting we just had our camp meeting for the reservation and we are bringing in a young man, that we met from Naples and his name is Zach M dont know if he is your son or not but interesting. :rebel: I know iam no rocket scientist but i believe i could probably control the water better than they are doing. but thats just my opion :rebel:
JLP3314
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLP3314 »

Scotty1 my Son is Zach P, (he 4 wheels Collier and surrounding areas but doesn't slide on the grass).
Also nice to hear and see the next generation coming along, AND PAYING ATTENTION TO OUR DISSAPPEARING RECREATIONAL LANDS!

I was in the old Collier County Sportsman's Club, (Wayne Jenkins / Butch and Bobby Waggoner / Buster Miller to name a few).
Remember launching an airboat on the Tamiami Trail back in 84' just 5 miles east of Auto Ranch Road legally!
Makes me sick to my stomach as to how much land they took from us, (and how often what land is left to use for traditional uses is closed).
Don't waste your time-its the only thing you can't get back, (Cntry141IQ/John had another thousand of these before he went sliding into the sky). :-(
Scotty1
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Scotty1 »

:rebel: JLP3314 small world i was in that club as well Wayne , Buster and Gene were all leading members, i also hunted for many years around the hole Waggoner family Butch ,Bobby , Andy and of course momma Pearl as well as Buster and Gene in Bear Island area right up till i moved to North Florida i was born in Naples in 1957 my last name is Chappell . :rebel: i was trying to think of the name of the place you mention launching the boat from but cant seem to remember at the moment

Return to “Airboat Talk”