RV Camping and Airboating

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
WDE123
Southern Airboat Member

RV Camping and Airboating

Post by WDE123 »

What are some of your favorite places to go airboating and bring an RV? Recently got a camper and would like to check out new places we haven’t been before. Would prefer full hook ups but not a deal breaker
Marshn
Southern Airboat Member

Re: RV Camping and Airboating

Post by Marshn »

Camp Mack. I don't know how expensive it is but Kissimmee Chain has a lot of trails.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

There's also Coleman Landing. Water and electric, dump station, right on Lake Kissimmee with beautiful views and airboat ramp as well as a couple of standard boat ramps. Or, if you want a great experience, try the River Ranch RV Resort behind Westgate River Ranch. It's a short drive to Coleman Landing but if you have kids, there's a ton of stuff to do at Westgate and the RV resort is very nice.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator »

Are we hauling kids or just adults? I believe you are out of Jupiter, there are plenty of options within a 2 hour drive. I suggest starting with the West side of Lake O, there are several RV options between Okeechobee and Moore Haven. None are exactly "airboat friendly" as you will need to trailer launch each day, but you will meet plenty of interesting characters and will have miles to explore :cheers:
I still think I-10 is the Mason Dixon line.
2013 Mike Stossel Boats, 13' x 7' deck over, IO-540, 74" NGQ less winglets.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

Mack's fish camp, Pembroke Pines! Great place to ride and You won't find better folks that Marshall Jones and his family!
JLP3314
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLP3314 »

Put Loughman Lake on the top of your list for some awesome St Johns river spots you'll enjoy for days!
Don't waste your time-its the only thing you can't get back, (Cntry141IQ/John had another thousand of these before he went sliding into the sky). :-(
WDE123
Southern Airboat Member

Post by WDE123 »

Slidin Gator wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:35 pm
Are we hauling kids or just adults? I believe you are out of Jupiter, there are plenty of options within a 2 hour drive. I suggest starting with the West side of Lake O, there are several RV options between Okeechobee and Moore Haven. None are exactly "airboat friendly" as you will need to trailer launch each day, but you will meet plenty of interesting characters and will have miles to explore :cheers:
Leaving the kids at home for now. Yes we are in the farms. If we aren’t in 2A, we’re on the lake. We’re thinking about headed north to explore a bit
Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Andy »

Loughman’s for sure
Blownaway540
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Blownaway540 »

Port Hatchineha, hook ups, ramp, restaurant and BAR.
IGSO 0540 (W/out IG) built by the late, great, Dick Hoffman, 13 ft. Alumitech. Member - CRA, KRVSA
emmitt Kelly
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by emmitt Kelly »

With Loughman’s sold and closed permantly ..is there another r.v. Camp that is airboat friendly nearby
1999 Diamondback 502 marine Power
Sensenich S 2.55 stinger
Covington, Ga.
JLP3314
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLP3314 »

"emmitt Kelly" post_id=703469 time=1620678104 user_id=1289
With Loughman’s sold and closed permantly ..is there another r.v. Camp that is airboat friendly nearby
Dangit man! When did that happen!
They had the best lizard nuggets and buffalo shrimps!
And the bird tower and many spot close to that ramp.

Did the ramp close too, (guessing it did as it too was gated). But aint' there a public ramp just down the road from Loughman entrance/driveway? :scratch:
Don't waste your time-its the only thing you can't get back, (Cntry141IQ/John had another thousand of these before he went sliding into the sky). :-(
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator »

JLP3314 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:20 pm
But aint' there a public ramp just down the road from Loughman entrance/driveway? :scratch:
Hatbill park.
Dying_breed
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dying_breed »

You could boondock camp at hatbill, however technically you need a permit. It's free to aquire. Dry load or use the ramp. Typically its a long washboard dirt road, but the riding is great, Water is rising pretty fast... let us know how your travels go, I'd like to do the same, and don't mind a drive
Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator »

Loading my shuff up now, just getting done with pumping up the airbags. RVing has gotten so much simpler since the kids grew up :cheers:

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Lwells »

There are airboat ramps on lake O between Okeechobee and lakeport one is at the kissimmee river
JLP3314
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLP3314 »

Lwells wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:29 pm
There are airboat ramps on lake O between Okeechobee and lakeport one is at the kissimmee river
I completely forgot about Okee-Tantie campground on the West side of Lake O.
Some real nice tall grass running decent ramp and a nice campground.
GrandPa build fishing cabins on lake O back in the 50's, I sure miss riding on it.

Return to “Airboat Talk”