milk bus -lake kissimmee

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
flcracker67
Southern Airboat Member

milk bus -lake kissimmee

Post by flcracker67 »

To whoever forgot all their beer cans under the tree my boy picked them up and they are in my garbage can if you want them back. a!@#hole :banghead:
12' hamant with 0540
MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: milk bus -lake kissimmee

Post by MYDIXIEWRECKED »

People really piss me off with that crap! I mean that place is beautiful and them Dunba$$es are gonna ruin it for everyone faster than the goverment is already planning! I just got home from my camp in the glades and I get the same thing, only difference is that I leave empty garbage cans on the screened in porch at my camp and the lazy a$$es cant even walk up and insert them into the can. They just throw them in the bushes... :roll:
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence ON THEIR BEHALF"

Lifetime member NRA
Owner camp 9 1/2 in beautiful 3A south, Everglades
Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus »

flcracker67 wrote:To whoever forgot all their beer cans under the tree my boy picked them up and they are in my garbage can if you want them back. a!@#hole :banghead:
I hate "OOH-WATERS" :angry5:
:texas:
fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Fu$king dirt bags! Next time I am at ni??er ridge I will have a rake to clean all the glass around the marker sign!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2011 Al David / AV 540
CJB0470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by CJB0470 »

It's the same all over, my boys and I have been cleaning camps and picking up on the trails for a while. :florida:
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest"
-Mark Twain
OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OTTER »

STUFF LIKE THIS REALLY BLOWS !!!!!
We are our own worst enemies .. The Govt is watching too ..
Its at the point that the gig chute and bag is turned into a trash can and your gig is the park ranger pickup stick.

No matter where you go its the same north / south / people dont care anymore...
back in my day in school we were taught to pick it up and pitch in (the can)...
now a kid can open it up and drop it on the ground.

My daddy would have blistered my a$$ if i did that....

{If You Bring It In Haul It Out} === It actually weighs less going out ????

THANK YOU to you and your son for taking the initiave and doing the right thing - I appreciate it !!!

Never been there but hope to ride there soon - Need some help and guidance around Kissimmee !!!!!

:old_glory:
radialman66
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radialman66 »

Its probably the same loser that decided his name should be on the oak tree with spray paint,at the milk bus! :banghead:
"let us cross over the river and rest in the shade of the trees" General Stonewall Jacksons last words.

KRVSA member.
GWTW-002
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by GWTW-002 »

My Mom and I also picked up a Wal-Mart bag full of cans on Saturday at the same spot as well. Then my husband and I were at polluted waters and there were cans along there alllll in the water. We picked those up too. It's getting reallllly bad.
Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Joe »

Same shit here in brevard, me and my son went to bulldozer yesterday and picked up a bag full plus a 5 gallon bucket and a couple broke chairs.Didn't have anymore bags for the sink full of dirty dishes,gota go back for those this week. Folks just don't care no more.
Last edited by Joe on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compromise is for those that cant get it done!!

Equal rights for Southern Whites!
Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Striker543 »

Seems to me it would be reasonable for The Man to divert his attention from other matters and instead focus (for a little while) on writing citations to these jerks that won't clean up after themselves...
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

The state needs money ... $10,000.00 for littering ought to change bad habits quickly and help the budget shortfall, confiscate the offenders boat and sell it as well ... get their wallets and their heart will follow
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately
Playnpossum
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Playnpossum »

Yep, was out there this past Saturday, picked up several myself, it's a darn shame people can't clean up after themselves!
If people concentrated on the REALLY important things in life….
there would be a shortage of fishing poles!!!
Aquaholic
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Aquaholic »

KRVSA lake clean-up April 9TH at Camp Mack come out and help pick up the trash that people put in their boats and bring to the lake but can't seem to put back and take to the trash cans located at every boat ramp!
av8rnfla
Southern Airboat Member

Post by av8rnfla »

At Hidden camp in the East marsh, these boys filled up a large garbage bag with cans & bottles. Their dad gave them $5 each, THANKS DAD!
garbagemen.jpg
garbagemen.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Kolb Firestar II Airplane and a 160 Lycoming on a 12' Star Airboat.
JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

THEY HAVE THE FUN WE GET THE PUNISHMENT!! IVE DONE CLEANED UP SHEET OUT HERE ON THE NORTH ST JOHNS TIME AFTER TIME IM ABOUT OVER IT. SEEMS EVERYTIME U CLEAN IT UP THEIRS 10 MORE PEOPLE COMING BACK TO MAKE THE MESS ALL OVER AGAIN AFTER I SELL MY BOAT ILL BE OUT OF AIRBOATING FOR AWHILE MAYBE UNTIL NEXT YR SOMETIME PERSONAL REASONS FORCE ME TO PUTTING MY BOAT UP FOR SALE NO BIG DEAL "EVERYTHING IS FOR A REASON.. THEY SAY" MY NEXT ONE WILL HALF TO BE A CARMOTOR BOAT SO IT WILL HAUL ALL THE TRASH THAT WILL BE THEIR FOR ME WHEN I GET BACK IN THE GAME !!IN THE MEAN WHILE ILL BE ON MY BUDDYS DECKOVER 220 BOAT AND EVEN NO I WONT B ON THE WATER MUCH ILL STILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING OUT AND HELP CLEAN OUR WATERWAYS AND SWAMPS ..AND ENJOYING THE DAY ON THE MARSH ..
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator
JohnnyBravo
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JohnnyBravo »

It is bull@#@$!!!! I am no Hero nor trying to be,but I pick up trash everytime I go out. It is awfull. I have seen people throw things on the ground out boating and with going into none of the details....THEY DID PICK THE S@#T UP!! I will not watch somebody destroy what I enjoy so much.
timmmyy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by timmmyy »

The problem is, all these underage punk ass kids out riding around leaving cans at different camps because they are afraid to go back to the landing where the man will arrest them. Just my thoughts....
Olways on the furst date
SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

People still think that if they get stopped by a LEO, and the officer sees a bunch of empties in the boat, then they think they'll get a B.U.I. for it. So they leave them behind. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reason why - (in combination with pure laziness)

Laziness + no respect + paranoia about a B.U.I. = beer can litter.

We're doing our best to inspire respect, and peer pressure about the laziness parts.... but it sure would help if Law Enforcement could help with that other part of the equation. Jus' sayin'.
barbwire6999
Southern Airboat Member

Post by barbwire6999 »

yeah the guy who wrote his name on the tree is probably the same one who stuck his prop in the tree and ate the tree limb up. and it looked like their was some alcohol involved in that accident. Im just surprised no body got hurt. there were pieces of the prop scattered over 50 yds away.
MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MYDIXIEWRECKED »

SwampMatt wrote:People still think that if they get stopped by a LEO, and the officer sees a bunch of empties in the boat, then they think they'll get a B.U.I. for it. So they leave them behind. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reason why - (in combination with pure laziness)

We're doing our best to inspire respect, and peer pressure about the laziness parts.... but it sure would help if Law Enforcement could help with that other part of the equation. Jus' sayin'.
X2. I'll bring them all out I don't care! But I see how people that do drink a lot could be detered from bringing them all back. I don't condone being wasted and driving anything, so I say you know your limits. But the cans do crush down pretty small and all's it would take is one of the plastic grocery bags that you bought your food in to put the cans in to be "out of sight"... Just a thought.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence ON THEIR BEHALF"

Lifetime member NRA
scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown »

dixiewreck,
the bag is probly at the bottom of the lake!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37
MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MYDIXIEWRECKED »

scrambletown wrote:dixiewreck,
the bag is probly at the bottom of the lake!
Oh yea, I forgot who we were dealing with! :wink:
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Lifetime member NRA
aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 »

It will never change there are scumbags everywhere I'm sure some of them are reading this and they don't care,maybe one day they will grow up or get out of airboating. It's nice to see some people trying to keep it clean every bit helps
aaof member
av8rnfla
Southern Airboat Member

Post by av8rnfla »

People still think that if they get stopped by a LEO, and the officer sees a bunch of empties in the boat, then they think they'll get a B.U.I. for it. So they leave them behind. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reason why - (in combination with pure laziness)

I know a few LEO's, and they all say the cans are not going to get you a BUI, Its going to be the drunk & stupid operator that will get himself one! :violent1:

They should get a ticket for littering if there are NO cans in their boat, and they have been drinking. :drunken:

I have a few myself when I ride, but I bring my $h!t out of the marsh. :toothy7:
Kolb Firestar II Airplane and a 160 Lycoming on a 12' Star Airboat.
SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

av8rnfla wrote:They should get a ticket for littering if there are NO cans in their boat, and they have been drinking.
That is an awesome idea! I love that kind of thinking! :cheers:

Too bad it wouldn't stand up in court though. "Reasonable doubt" could probably be made by saying: he could have let his buddy ride in with all the empties, and he went around the other side of the lake. But if this could be figured out, it'd be an awesome way to let the LEO's to help.

Some states put a curb on litter by putting a deposit on cans and bottles. Not because they are worth anything for refill or scrap, but to charge the drinker in advance for the litter (beer or soda) - if they are brought back, then they refund you for not littering. If it's a 5¢ deposit on every can, a case would cost an extra $1.20 and when you bring back your 24 empties, it'd be no charge. So if you wanted to litter, some of the kids could get some extra dough. Make it for cans AND the cheapo bottles, and there'd be less broken glass out there too.

I think I could stand behind this. But there's probably some pitfalls. Would this be something that could be presented to our lawmakers? It'd limit litter everywhere, not just in the marsh. The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea.

Return to “Airboat Talk”