Camp Old Glory abused by a familly today

Other news of interest to the airboating community.
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Camp Old Glory abused by a familly today

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Please help me to identify the family that trashed my home while I was at work. Between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, some one came in and turned their children loose in my house. I don't think that they came in from Sawgrass, I did not see a family launch there. They came in from the stub canal or more than likely Lox Rd. I have a registered guest but I don't know if it was them. A girl between the age of 6 to 10 left her flip flops in the bedroom that they destroyed. I believe that there was more than one child. I looks like a kangaroo went from bed to bed throwing pillows and jumping on the beds. The locked side doors were unlocked and left standing open. They accessed the room from inside. I do that so that parents can control the children's activities. (they can't run in and out from the out side). The toilet was overflowed and onto the floor. The theif didn't bother me as much as this does. Camp Old Glory is legally posted by sign but strangers still come in because there is no one here to see them. It's because of people like this that all the camps are now locked and the owners do not want any one at their camps. I will try to post a picture of the flip flops since they are distinctive with red hearts over the toes. I try to leave my camp open but people like this may change my mind. It's Friday, June 12. Not many people out today. Some one will know who was out today.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Camp Old Glory abused by a familly today

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I posted here because "out back' and "on the hill" was not on the board when I clocked in.

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

timmmyy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby timmmyy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 pm

sorry to here about this , this is what happen when the low life airboat scumbags stop by. Happen all the time in area 3a south back in the 80s
Olways on the furst date

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm not able to post the pic just now. I had an educated man update my system and now I can't find the paper to wipe my but with. I have the shoes and the DNA. I will post the pic when I see my educated man Tues.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Shameful

It's the parents fault Gerald not the child. You have to wonder if this tresspasser knows who you are and that you were working today. May I suggest a few cheap game cameras to help ID any future suspects. They are coming down in price and many work very well for just such a mission.

Lets hope they get identified and a prompt resolution is obtained!

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:11 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Shameful

It's the parents fault Gerald not the child. You have to wonder if this tresspasser knows who you are and that you were working today. May I suggest a few cheap game cameras to help ID any future suspects. They are coming down in price and many work very well for just such a mission.

Lets hope they get identified and a prompt resolution is obtained!

The children are not to blame. They are dissrespectfull because of the parents. As far as the camera's, I have several and they are useless in this case. I get 2000 pics of a dragon fly that has already passed. Thank you for you're input.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:29 pm

So sorry to hear about this, Gerald. It really sucks that people screw over someone like you who does so much for so many. Hope you find out who did this and they make it up to you somehow

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Well that did not take long. When you have family like mine, the facts often surface. It turns out that a careless individual brought in an unsupervised family and I confronted him by phone. He could not apologize enough and is very embarrassed that he was so thoughtless and inattenative to some one that had invited him in with open doors. I think that I got his attention since he is in the public eye. I am guilty of being stupid as much as any on else and can accept a sincere apology. :cheers:
Case closed. :thumbleft:

catchment38
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby catchment38 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Its a good thing you found out before we did. It wouldn't be good. :evil:

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:58 pm

post the names Show us who did it and address who did it or embarrass them or it will continue. IMHO
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Postby One Eyed Gator » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 am

I can tell ya my parents would have never allow me to act that way and I certainly carried that thought as I raised my kids. I am amazed at what I see today with kids acting up. Then if your in public and try to correct your child people start to stare. That is part of the problem.
If kids act up they should be corrected and the public should support that, not take picture and post it on the internet.

I don't agree with it is not the kids fault, at 8-10 kids know right from wrong. The kids know that his parents do not care. The apology came from being caught, If the guy really cared he would have 1st not let it happen, but if it did they should have been cleaned up and them taken to Gerald and made to apologize to him them self. Again they will not learn if they do not have to stand in front of the person they wronged and apologize.

Sorry for the rant, just my 2 cent.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:53 am

I am a very frequent visitor to Old Glory Camp and have Gerald's permission to use his home as if it were my own. But that's the point; it's not my own and I respect that. When I drop in on camp and Gerald's not there, I do not enter the camp and defy my children to do so. The only time I go inside is if I hear something or if something appears amiss. There are plenty of places to sit on the porch so there's no reason for anybody to ever go inside. It is Gerald's home, not just a party spot or a flop house. I was sitting at the table with Gerald last night when the apology came in and feel confident it won't ever be an issue with that particular individual again. But the rest of you corn huskers that might think you can behave any way you want out there need to know that this is a man's home. Respect it.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:04 pm

My guess is the guy that brought a paid tour to the veterans ride and told them to help them selfs
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby nomad41 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:44 pm

I normally don't post much. But I will say every time I have been in 2A weather its for a FAA event or not. I have stopped at Geralds. He has never been there and I have always been with other boats that know him well. I have never been inside HIS HOME its not mine and I have sat on the porch. But wouldn't ever think of stepping inside a mans place without his permission. And since he wasn't there I didn't have permission. Just my thoughts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA,BAHCC,OAA
http://www.suncoastyachtservices.com
14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

hirise
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby hirise » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:33 pm

nomad41 wrote:I normally don't post much. But I will say every time I have been in 2A weather its for a FAA event or not. I have stopped at Geralds. He has never been there and I have always been with other boats that know him well. I have never been inside HIS HOME its not mine and I have sat on the porch. But wouldn't ever think of stepping inside a mans place without his permission. And since he wasn't there I didn't have permission. Just my thoughts.

amen
15x8 alumitech,2.5 OX BOX,4 blade R 80" ,540 BBC Pro series

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE, JUST KEEP LOADING THE WAGON

Return to “Other Important News”