Glow whip / Light Whip ?

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
brightlights
Southern Airboat Member

Glow whip / Light Whip ?

Postby brightlights » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:33 am

I am located in Jupiter....Looking for local recommendation as to where to buy a glow whip. Can easily get to Ft Lauderdale, Okeechobee, melbourne.

Also I am not sure how high over the cage the flag. whip should extend....Thank you for your reply and assistance in advance.

Mudlife81
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Glow whip / Light Whip ?

Postby Mudlife81 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 am

Well I know they sell them at loxahatchee Napa store and as for how high the flag should be 10 feet above the top of your hull if I remember right

fhp6
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby fhp6 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 am

https://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/327.391

An airboat may not operate on the waters of the state unless it is equipped with a mast or flagpole bearing a flag at a height of at least 10 feet above the lowest portion of the vessel. The flag must be square or rectangular, at least 10 inches by 12 inches in size, international orange in color, and displayed so that the visibility of the flag is not obscured in any direction. Any person who violates this subsection commits a noncriminal infraction punishable as provided in s. 327.73(1).
Last edited by fhp6 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:old_glory: FHP6
Citrus County Airboat Alliance (Member)
"USMC"
:florida:

tdarr
Southern Airboat Member

Postby tdarr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 am

They are located in the Acreage in West Palm Beach. Look up Giow whips web site for number. Bought mine from them there.

brightlights
Southern Airboat Member

Postby brightlights » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:40 am

great stuff men. thank you again, God Bless.

FlaGatorSlayer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby FlaGatorSlayer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:36 pm

I use a 6 foot SafeGloWhip and it works great. The Glow Whips are made in Florida & the SafeGloWhips are made in California - so both are American made ! Check both websites and you can decide which one you want. The SafeGloWhip I have has remote control to operate - it works like a champ. I have it mounted on a big spring and a stainless tube extension on a stainless steel antenna mount so when the boat is on the trailer I just loosen the antenna mount and swivel down then retighten. :old_glory: :florida: :rebel:
:old_glory: :florida: :rebel:

Return to “Airboat Talk”