• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Any good riding around Baton rouge?

signcoc43

Well its staring to look like im gonna be here awhile. Im from florida and fixin to go home for acouple day but thinking of bringing mt boat back with me. Is there any good riding? Would it be worth it to haul it 600 plus miles?

Well i guess if no one replies then i'd just load up in my truck and look for water up there. If you find some good looking areas then take your boat back. I can't stand not being able to go for a ride when i get ready. :salute:

There is really not allot of places to ride anymore. Used to be the Maurepas swamp, but since LDWF made it a WMA it's off limits to airboats. If you take a ride south toward the marsh, there can be places to ride, but many areas are off limits too. Kinda have to know landowners in different areas to be able to really use an airboat. Unless you're working it and have permits.

I heard there's some good riding out by them oil rigs in the gulf . Bring a pole with you also . Aren't you supposed to be working anyways ? Who's got time for joyriding ? Lol :rebel: :fishing :banghead:

If you just want to get out and ride and sight see, you can go to the spillway just west of BR. Or go to blind river. Wiskey bay and further south has some nice areas to see. I will be there this weekend breaking in my rebuilt engine. But you can see most of that area on a normal boat. Of course you can find some areas to play in lillies or shallow water if you look around. Just watch for stumps. If you do want to drive down to the coast, you can ride the marsh from Texas to Mississippi. Not many people in LA seem to go play riding here. We are either fishing, hunting or working when in an airboat. Let me know if you go. I might come tag along and burn some gas too.

the achafalaya basin is just 30 min from baton rouge. biggest swamp in america, cept for maybe florida everglades.
fun to ride when waters low. not fun when waters high.
buy a rubber hammer to knock the dents out. lol

There a few crazy fools that ride the amite river in them but for a good day cruising basin is good.

I am in LC and ride that lake when I actually get running. still finding some electrical and sensor issues here and there.

Back