• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

My SA friends...

radtech

Just wanted to say, this is an awesome site! I've met more genuinely good people here in the short time I've been around, than in the entire rest of my life. Some of you know me, have met me personally. Others, we may have talked a bit here and there. I miss all of you! I've been out of the game for almost 3 years. Some know, I blew a ring land, had the engine rebuilt, and contracted a new hull built. Coming on 9 months, and no hull. I have been depressed for 2 years because I miss being on the water and sharing good times with friends. I'm working on starting over with a new hull, so by next year, I should be starting my rounds and getting back to the glades. In the meantime, I still miss y'all. SSlidesafe! See ya soon!

Just wanted to say, this is an awesome site! I've met more genuinely good people here in the short time I've been around, than in the entire rest of my life. Some of you know me, have met me personally. Others, we may have talked a bit here and there. I miss all of you! I've been out of the game for almost 3 years. Some know, I blew a ring land, had the engine rebuilt, and contracted a new hull built. Coming on 9 months, and no hull. I have been depressed for 2 years because I miss being on the water and sharing good times with friends. I'm working on starting over with a new hull, so by next year, I should be starting my rounds and getting back to the glades. In the meantime, I still miss y'all. SSlidesafe! See ya soon!
We'll be looking forward to you making it back out. Good luck on the build!

Sad to hear you are still waiting on your hull, seems to be the norm these days, have you contacted other builders, I know they are very backed up on complete boats but may have better luck with just a hull. We’ll still be here when you get back on the water and some of older guys have more free time. Anytime you’re ready be glad to show you around Okeechobee.

I plan to, brother! Just gotta figure out how I'm gonna get the money together to have one built now that I'm out $6,500 that I paid to have one built. I keep getting excuses even though it has been 6 1/2 weeks since I was told all the material was there and was being started that week. I suppose I will have to drive down there soon to file a case. Robo, I had contacted other builders, but so far, don't have the money to contract a new one yet. I have spoken to John Fenner and hope to get him to build me one when I get the .oney together for a deposit. Still keeping all my FL friends I'm my thoughts.

At present, Swamp, I do not want to put that out over open forum. I am waiting until I feel there is no other way to resolve the issue.
Shameful at best for any boat builder to do this to you, (from someone living on a fixed income still saving for my new hull build)!

I would not want someone else to fork over their hard earned money.

Hope you have a contract and cancelled check / evidence.

Sad to hear this I remember that guy in Eustis / Deland area had taken a lot of peoples money. He was arrested but guess he caught a break because he is back with a new company.

I feel the same way, but after I had paid this person 6500, someone else posted that he had taken their money and never built them a boat. They threw a fit and told the other person to just sue them. So, the only option I have at the moment is to play it cool til I have to file a case. I'm sure this person is well known already for this sort of thing. Will be glad to PM it to you if need be

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Lol Thanks for checking. I got a pic today of a nearly complete hull. Hopefully I will have a new one before long

Well, things are potentially looking up. Hopefully I will be coming south to pick up a new hull before too long. We shall see

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220426-181404_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220426-181404_Messenger.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 13
If all goes as planned I'll have my new hull next week. If that happens, gonna look into going ahead and going gear box and new prop. Looking forward to getting back on the water and seeing you all!

Can't win for losing...I was supposed to be picking up my new hull tomorrow, but they ran out of helium, welding on Friday, and were unable to get any today. Apparently there is a shortage, FFS! I called locally and the places that do have it won't start a new account because of the shortage. Maybe one day I will get er done. FML!

Sounds like you're getting close, hopefully they are being straight with you, they probably are, keep us posted.

Will do, brother! I think so too. He sent me some pics of progress lately. Hopefully it will be done soon and I can move to getting poly done and get it all together

Finally got my boat and got it home. It was built 8ft across the chimes, so we had to improvise to get it on the trailer. Gonna have to revise my trailer now. Lol But at least it's a step in the right direction. Got my poly screws on the way down. Hopefully I will have everything squared away and back on the water before the end of summer. Slide safe and see ya soon, brothers!

Attachments

• 20220519_140705.jpg
    20220519_140705.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220519_140653.jpg
    20220519_140653.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 14
Back