• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

SW Georgia Riding

jrstultz":3jggptro said:
I wonder what the Suwanee river is like? should be pretty decent,gonna try it when i get mine goin.
I've some relatives around Live Oak, they said the river was dry right now....maby just where they're at.

MadSid":28vnzr85 said:
Any place to run in SW to Central Georgia or N Fla
You need to come to Bainbridge Ga. 35 miles north of Tallahassee Fla. 38,000.00 acres of playground.Lake Seminole,Jack Wingates Lunker Lodge you can look it up on the web,or you can call Paul Dixon 229-246-5760 that's his playground he knows it well.

Carol, I've messed around and put this off for much too long.

I promise ..... I'll come up in a few weeks, boat in tow, and we'll either ride or do a lot of talkin' about it. If Paul is real busy then I'll drink some of your coffee. I'm easy.

Ken

Olf Art":2gwjws74 said:
Carol, I've messed around and put this off for much too long.

I promise ..... I'll come up in a few weeks, boat in tow, and we'll either ride or do a lot of talkin' about it. If Paul is real busy then I'll drink some of your coffee. I'm easy.

Ken
Well Paul said he's gonna hold ya to it, just let us know when your on your way,and we will for sure put a ride together.And I'll bring the coffee.!!!!

What the riding like in that part of Georgia is it river running or is there swamp and marsh like in florida, If there is marsh like in Florida I'm going to have to make a trip down there

Sniper":r9npfb8a said:
What the riding like in that part of Georgia is it river running or is there swamp and marsh like in florida, If there is marsh like in Florida I'm going to have to make a trip down there
Sniper,our running here in Bainbridge is not swamp but almost the same we have a lot of Hydrilla and skinny water,as well we have a lot of stumps but not where we ride.We have airboat trails all through the woods from pond to pond.Lake Seminole is a reservoir.We have the Flint River that runs into Lake Sem.and it runs into the Chattahoochee and into the Apalachacola.Lake Sem.is the big lake where all the Bass fishermen come to have their tournaments.Look at your map you are not far from us,I beleive you are in Fairburn?? We have a lot of airboat customers in Atlanta that come down and ride with us.Check it out you won't be disapointed.

Sniper, when Carol says you won't be disappointed ? Trust me ....... that Chattahoochee basin is some of the finest water that the good Lord ever made.

Hook up with me down there. We can hang out with two of the finest people you'll ever know, run the boats a little, and just kinda 'settle in' if you know what I mean.

olf

Sounds Like a road trip to me and it is a lot closer than West Palm I run the Chattahoochee up here but it is all just river running no skinny water and lots of big Rock to watch out for

Ya'll keep me in mind. I'd love to make the trip to that part of Georgia. My running here on the Altamaha is mostly deep water with a lot of sand bars. Beautiful running, great fishing. A guy in my office just caught a 45lb Flathead catfish. Going to have in today for lunch.

Aw hell Wingman, why worry about a few little rocks after what you went through in New Orleans.. Wanna talk railroad switches, now THAT'S something to worry about... :D :D if an airboat ride doesn't include atleast one rock hit where the entire airboat is lifted out of the water, then it hasn't been a good ride..... :D
Me crazy? :shock:
B.

KJ C":cw09sit0 said:
Ya'll keep me in mind. I'd love to make the trip to that part of Georgia. My running here on the Altamaha is mostly deep water with a lot of sand bars. Beautiful running, great fishing. A guy in my office just caught a 45lb Flathead catfish. Going to have in today for lunch.
No problem any of ya'll that would like to ride Lake Seminole with us are MOST welcome.It is a most beautiful place to ride.,Most people don't have a clue what Lake Sem.,the Chattahoochee,the Flint ,or Spring Creek has to offer.so when ya'll get ready just let us know ,be glad to show you around.

KJ, pm me your phone number. When me and Sniper can get together over there I'll call you and let you know.

K.

Olf Art

Sounds like we need to put a South Georgia ride together Harvey lives not to far from me and I bet he would like to go also and maybe we could get some more folks from Florida to come up as well the more the merrier

I just google earth'd that area, looks like a great area to to run. Man i hope i've got mine together when you guys get this one goin.

jstultz, I'll help you get your boat together. The Dixons, Sniper, Harvey, KJ C, you and me ..... sounds like a boat ride to me. Mwood who posts on here would probably come over too, and of course anybody else that doesn't mind the tow.

It can be the first SAO Georgia run.

olf

Sounds like a blast to me. I'll know sat. morning what motor i'm throwing in it. A guy just called says he'll buy my other boat sat. guess that 400 i have might get built after all :lol:

Back