• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Ron's EcoCruse 127

Hey everything has its place and these ecotechs have there's. it's just in the back of the line right now but you never know what the future could hold!!!!

plumcrazy said:
only a few haters on this thread and its had lots of reads so some are watching with open minds wasent that long ago they laughed about them ls motors
Why do you say haters? Facts are facts, its not hate that makes resonable people that know airboats not believe the bs some are posting!! Do those little boats run ok yes, are they the monster some of yall make them out to be, HELL NO. Will they run 69 in 400 ft, well never mind lmao. For what they are their bad azz but people need to be truthfull with their claims, or be able too back them up in public. If it wasnt for the so called haters someone that does not know any better might get in a bad situation or ripped off with all the false information.

Bubba said:
plumcrazy said:
only a few haters on this thread and its had lots of reads so some are watching with open minds wasent that long ago they laughed about them ls motors
Why do you say haters? Facts are facts, its not hate that makes resonable people that know airboats not believe the bs some are posting!! Do those little boats run ok yes, are they the monster some of yall make them out to be, HELL NO. Will they run 69 in 400 ft, well never mind lmao. For what they are their bad azz but people need to be truthfull with their claims, or be able too back them up in public. If it wasnt for the so called haters someone that does not know any better might get in a bad situation or ripped off with all the false information.

X2 well said

Well it sure SUITS US it does what we want it to do
There again to each there own :stirpot:
No it wasnt a big hill but it did still :stirpot:

Hell old 16' aluminum company boat we had with 350hp with 2.38 long belt would do that hill

I was at the outfall canal Saturday and watched russ run his 1700 pound diamondback deckover up the hill on less than full throttle. He did this from a dead stop nosed strait into it. Most boats have to get a running start and still struggle with the outfall canal climb. It is much worse than Obama ridge or Bull$hit hill.

dak10 said:
Well it sure SUITS US it does what we want it to do
There again to each there own :stirpot:
No it wasnt a big hill but it did still :stirpot:
Those Eco guys are a crazy bunch............they have dudes wearing bathing suit tops!!!!! Lmao.... :lol:

That deck over Eco tech at the outfall canal is the boat I seen Saturday..that boat will tote the mail and the outfall canal isn't nothing like that " hill " the glass boat went up its a actual hill but its still not bad to run up. Terry y'all could take the belt box off of y'all's 16' company boat put 5 people in it and probably still run up the " hill " in that video.

scroggins44 said:
That deck over Eco tech at the outfall canal is the boat I seen Saturday..that boat will tote the mail and the outfall canal isn't nothing like that " hill " the glass boat went up its a actual hill but its still not bad to run up. Terry y'all could take the belt box off of y'all's 16' company boat put 5 people in it and probably still run up the " hill " in that video.

At least someone's being honest

Yeah I had my ecobarge out in Citrus county this past weekend. Ya'll got some nice area to run and we ran the whole loop I believe. Met a bunch of nice people too.

The outfall canal hill is a nice obstacle and certainly fun to watch boats tackle. Some of those citrus county boyz ride that ridge with authority! My boat tractored up it from a dead stop with me having to back off at the top. That said, I saw plenty of boats go up that bank so its not the end all test for sure.

Average fuel econ for the day was between 6.5 and 9 mpg.

Hope to ride out that way some more in the future.

1BFC , It was great meeting ya . That little motor is impressive for sure . Weight to power ratio is impressive. Yall ran the short loop , fun ride. The long loop is blocked off and off limits for now. Right now the Outfall isn't too bad with water high. When its low there is a steep wall that is under water right now that kills your momentum, then you climb what is exposed right now. When JB550 gets his running yall need to come back and ride with us.

Well I ges I :stirpot: with my video but its all good at least u fellows r still reading this form
I will ride with anyone wanting to show me around the flats would like to ride the loop with someone to

Would have tried to hook up with you last weekend but the schedules didn't line up. We were on way in by the time you got off work.

Next time for sure!

Well me an the wife been riding this boat for 9 months. The only thing I have had to do is replaced thr water pump do to a tsb from the dealer for premature seal leakage.oh an put gas in it.im getting 8 to 10 mpg, running at 3200 to 3400 is about 35mph, I have not posted bs about this boat that I know of but I sure get a lot of crap an turned up noses. An the disrespect to my wife is absolutely not call for :angry5: im getting the impression that there are a lot of discontented airboater out there. But I do have less cubic inches then a lot of boats an can do just as much is this what people r chaped about.I get my # from my smartphone an tablet so if you are not beleave the # them throw your smartphone in the trash. My wife an I just out to have fun like everybody else, an if everbody had a boat like tony480 an ptr34 then no one could complain. But we are all different an to each there own. I thought we all r pos to keep airboating safe an respectful maybe I got the wrong impression. Maybe because I think out of the box that makes me a bad.

I do give chuck a lot of respect an credit for doing this, the man is full of ideas an I do give thanks to he for helping me with is project

TO EACH THERE OWN

I am up set with the trend being moved to the high performance cuz of the BS
we wouldnt want guest to read this trend

Amen Ron!!! lol I am so ready to get back on the water. Think we finally fixed the issue by replacing the fuel control module and had to get a new starter... brackish water does some damage on the electrical system after a good sinking. Hope to find out in the coming weeks... Looks like the ECU stood up to being completely submerged for an hour or so in 10+ feet of water. We will find out when I get it cranked and get it hot and turbo spun up if there is any damage elsewhere.

dak10 said:
Well me an the wife been riding this boat for 9 months. The only thing I have had to do is replaced thr water pump do to a tsb from the dealer for premature seal leakage.oh an put gas in it.im getting 8 to 10 mpg, running at 3200 to 3400 is about 35mph, I have not posted bs about this boat that I know of but I sure get a lot of crap an turned up noses. An the disrespect to my wife is absolutely not call for :angry5: im getting the impression that there are a lot of discontented airboater out there. But I do have less cubic inches then a lot of boats an can do just as much is this what people r chaped about.I get my # from my smartphone an tablet so if you are not beleave the # them throw your smartphone in the trash. My wife an I just out to have fun like everybody else, an if everbody had a boat like tony480 an ptr34 then no one could complain. But we are all different an to each there own. I thought we all r pos to keep airboating safe an respectful maybe I got the wrong impression. Maybe because I think out of the box that makes me a bad.

I do give chuck a lot of respect an credit for doing this, the man is full of ideas an I do give thanks to he for helping me with is project

TO EACH THERE OWN

I am up set with the trend being moved to the high performance cuz of the BS
we wouldnt want guest to read this trend
I just said Chuck was full of $hit for saying that boat would run 69 in 400' I could care less about your boat.

Back